Growling

So I have played with my dog orally in the past... But recently I just touched his cock and he started growling at me... Something he's never done. What's happening?

He's not up to it for some reason, A growl is a DEFINITE NO and could lead to a bite if you don't listen, he wants you to stop, could be for various reasons, if his exposed penis was ever out and dry at any point and you touch it without some sort of lubrication on your hand it could explain the aversion, if he was still sheathed and he growled at your advancement he could simply not be in the mood, but remember growling is a sign of aggression a lot of times, he could be feeling threatened by you touching him (especially if showing whale eye, body tension and a low, deep growl), if dominance isn't in his nature there has to be a good reason behind him acting that way.. as Pes said no further attempts, let him ask for it by himself IF and when he's ready again! (And always make sure he stays wet while exposed to the air, it will prevent any unwanted discomfort that could lead to his avoidance of future sexual contact! Also be careful that you dont scratch him with your teeth while giving him a blowjob)

Last edited by a moderator:
See I stopped immediately but what's more concerning is that he might be getting a *tad* senile and that scares me. He's a big boy... He could hurt someone

See I stopped immediately but what's more concerning is that he might be getting a *tad* senile and that scares me. He's a big boy... He could hurt someone
Right how old is he? they lose sexual interest a lot of the time when up there in age, (anywhere past 8+) not always though some are active even at 10+ years, Anyways I wouldn't worry to much about him hurting anyone unless he starts growling more persistently at others, aggression can stem from various things but is common in dogs with Chronic pains (Arthritis) from old age, dogs memory can also get bad too once really old, I would do a follow up at a vet if does seem like he's getting unusually aggressive at random times or especially to people he knows well, it could be a unforeseen health problem making his mood off at times

He is almost 7, so not too old
Huh.. he's getting to be a senior dog though, ya I'd still stick to the previous advice given, nothing sexual unless he chooses to initiate it first (persistently trying to hump you or other things is an obvious sign he's horny! contrary to the whole dogs hump for "dominance" thing that stems mostly from the Asexual denialist views Normie's have about dog sexual behaviour {"my 'furbaby' doest get horny or feel pleasure, dogs mate only out of instinct" blahblahblah} dogs do get horny and masturbate because it feels good to them! A dog does not persistently come back to the same behaviors unless they enjoy it, positive stimulus and discovery of arousal leads to seeking it more, this even applies for dogs in esterus, all of it should be Common sense tbh! For example, ive seen some bitches in heat that wouldnt allow ANY dog to breed with them, never did, is that instinct? No I'd say its choice! yet others are straight nymphos in their cycle and out after the first breeding Again in those instances they enjoyed the experience and choose to allow it again. The whole reason Artificial insemination was created is breeding "issues" like the first scenario, and if you ask me its immoral to a point using these means to get a litter! Dogs are absolutely capable of consenting or turning down advancements. The thing is youd be surprised at just how many people take their dog to obedience training over humping though, yet the species is 'incapable of feeling pleasure'? or just how many people desex dogs solely over them acting on natural urges which irritates me so freaking much... {its not alright to take away a dogs balls out of a hope for convenience, and there is a chance neutered/spayed dogs will still try to masturbate albeit even if its only a slight probability} but no remember "dogs don't get aroused, even the " fixed" ones and intact ones 'ALWAYS' mate out of instinct like emotionless robots without free will"....... Notttttttt!!! :husky_laughing:) Anyway rant out of the way: if his normal everyday demeanor seems off have him checked by a vet (I would keep an eye out, sure he's probably fine though) Good luck and heres to many more years of him being happy and by your side :husky_happysmile:

Back