Graveyard shift?

I'm currently at work now. 7 hours to go. I've been alternating between days and nights every 2 weeks for almost 20 years. After a while you get used to it. Having cameras in my house lets me check up on my dogs while I'm away. It's awesome watching them sleep.
Camera's would be choice, i can still get family members to send photos of my girl to me but being able too see what she's doing in real time would be lovely.

I'm currently at work now. 7 hours to go. I've been alternating between days and nights every 2 weeks for almost 20 years. After a while you get used to it. Having cameras in my house lets me check up on my dogs while I'm away. It's awesome watching them sleep.

……

Last edited by a moderator:
Night shift would be wayyyyyyyyy nicer if it was tucking above freezing outside. I can't wait until summer!!!!!
This post confused me at first until i remembered there are other hemispheres kek.

Even winter nights aren't that cold here though, in comparison to where it snows i mean.
Luckily I'm home tonight, hope the rest of the shift is easy for everyone! :)
I also got lucky, dont have to go in till 4am so ima spend most of the night watching one piece for pay

This post confused me at first until i remembered there are other hemispheres kek.

Even winter nights aren't that cold here though, in comparison to where it snows i mean.

I also got lucky, dont have to go in till 4am so ima spend most of the night watching one piece for pay
Can be cold here one week and warm the next in winter lol. You are lucky! Enjoy the free time, been too long since I've seen one piece!

With people on this site spread all over the world I enjoy alternating between nights and days every 2 weeks. Different crew online depending if it's am or pm.

Im drunk on my first night off lol! Did i hear someone has a great dane?! Awww i loof thems! Not just cause they’re big but all the ones I’ve met are big teddy bears and so precious!
Hey. It's my last night. Almost half way done with my shift. I changed my profile pic in honor of my boy!! Such a early goofball he is but my depth goofball. 😜😜

Hey. It's my last night. Almost half way done with my shift. I changed my profile pic in honor of my boy!! Such a early goofball he is but my depth goofball. 😜😜

omgoooooosh! Floyd is soooo cuuute! He looks so proud to be a reindeer 😂

omgoooooosh! Floyd is soooo cuuute! He looks so proud to be a reindeer 😂
we literally had about 200 people stop just to take his picture. Some even stopped their care as we walked around parking lots the week of Christmas. Only reason he tolerated having them on his head. The big he wears anytime we go out in public. 😄😄😄

we literally had about 200 people stop just to take his picture. Some even stopped their care as we walked around parking lots the week of Christmas. Only reason he tolerated having them on his head. The big he wears anytime we go out in public. 😄😄😄

dawwww! What a ham! He loofs all that attentions! ❤️🖤🤍❤️

Great danes are definitely attention grabbing dogs, even when they're not in adorable cosplay.
I know i would stop you for pats!
he's definitely a very typical Dane then. When he's not prancing around town getting attention he's cooling off his goods. Unfortunately for the both of us he's missing 2 of his friends. 😭😭😭😭

he's definitely a very typical Dane then. When he's not prancing around town getting attention he's cooling off his goods. Unfortunately for the both of us he's missing 2 of his friends. 😭😭😭😭

awwww! What friends is he missing??

Career overnight worker. Been at this for 23 years now. My first overnight job was in the military. My squad always deployed and did our work under cover of night. Occasionally we did day time tasks, like sniper assist for caravans. After my military sevice was done, I took on being a stocker in retail on same shift. Then moved on to working in packaging center over night at two newspapers. Now I work this same shift in private security at gatehouse for gated community.

Career overnight worker. Been at this for 23 years now. My first overnight job was in the military. My squad always deployed and did our work under cover of night. Occasionally we did day time tasks, like sniper assist for caravans. After my military sevice was done, I took on being a stocker in retail on same shift. Then moved on to working in packaging center over night at two newspapers. Now I work this same shift in private security at gatehouse for gated community.

Omg... see some day light! It makes you miss sun lol

Omg... see some day light! It makes you miss sun lol
My dad's military family themselves were experienced at working this shift and have a solid proven routine.

During the five work days, I don't go to bed until 12 noon. This gets me my sun time on work days. My wake up time is 8 PM on these days, so that gives me a bit more sun time in the summer. On my first day off, I just stay up for 24 hours and make that day leisure day. The second day has me on normal rotation, with early bed time. I then get up around 4AM that next day and stay up until 12 noon to reset. Its a system that works really well for me.

Back