Generational Images

I know what you are but what am I?
These were a thing as " One Word: Plastics" took over the World. This was a semi-liquid plastic that could be put on the straw and blown into a durable bubble. Not at all sure they were safe, as soft plastics usually have a petrochemical in them that never completely plasticizes. That means its on your hands and in your clothing. Given the incredible reception of Teflon in its earlies, and the equally incredible rejection of such materials retroactively today, Id bet a dollar to a donut hole, it's a carcinogen.View attachment 426857
I remember these. I'd chew on them after blowing them up.

It looks old, but kinda new at the same time.. like it was made in the present time of an alternate universe.

This is probably the oldest tech thingy I still use regularly. It's an old ipod shuffle I got as a hand me down from my cousin. Still works, and I still have no reason to get rid of it. It'd be better if it had bluetooth so I could use wireless headphones, but whatever.
View attachment 507429
Never cared for the shuffle, personally. Was a big fan of the Gen 5 iPod Nano, though. Beat 4 of 'em to death in daily use before they couldn't be had anymore. That little critter was about as close to perfect as they ever got in the iPod line.

Back