Forum design/forum usability

I have no idea what template you are using for the forum but Flarum is a tool to make forums that simply look better, with a better UI design.

https://flarum.org/.

Flarum is also open source

I don't know if you can add photos/videos to the forums made with flarum, if you can send photos/videos I don't understand why this forum doesn't use flarum

example of forums made with flarum:

IT LOOKS LIKE A MORE USER FRIENDLY DESIGN, WITH A CLEAN DESIGN, NOT WITH A 90'S AESTHETIC

I have seen that in the ZV forum there are people with a lot of skill in digital drawing. It would be great if design contests were held to determine the forum logo/web design, etc.

Please stop forcing us to create an account in protonmail, I don't want an email account at all, if I created one just to register in this forum I would use tempmail.

This is xenforo's default template. That seems to be a different forum software, not a style template for Xenforo.
Xenforo may have something similar, but that's something that ZT will have to decide on.

Protonmail was a requirement for awhile now after the first version of the site had Vbulletin after a breach. Once we moved to Xenforo, that's when we required only protonmail. I mentioned about adding another service, but that was a no go.

How else would we verify our accounts if not using a throwaway anonymous email 🤷‍♂️

Phone number? Ssn?

Some people will never be happy.

There are ways to register without email, for example NOSTR use public key/private key, protonmail is not an anonymous email, email is not as secure as other communication/messaging applications with E2EE such as Signal/Molly, nor anonymous. (unless you use an onion router and they don't ask for personal information to register

Currently this forum does not allow registration with temporary emails such as guerrilla mail or tempmail, protonmail is not a temporary email client

There are things that I don't understand that haven't changed yet, the image where it says Welcome to Zooville looks pixelated, it seems like they tried to enlarge a low resolution image

Why do you want to identify us so much, perhaps it is for our safety (no), it would be better if there were more moderators to avoid CP/abusive content with people or animals and not compromise everyone's privacy for a few criminals.

In addition, the form of identification is the creation of an email account in protonmail or another email, in all my emails my names are false, also in this forum, no one is stupid enough to give their real information. If what you are looking for is to put an end to spam, put in moderators but don't make the registration process so long.

Last edited:
There are ways to register without email, for example NOSTR use public key/private key, protonmail is not an anonymous email, email is not as secure as other communication/messaging applications with E2EE such as Signal/Molly, nor anonymous. (unless you use an onion router and they don't ask for personal information to register

Currently this forum does not allow registration with temporary emails such as guerrilla mail or tempmail, protonmail is not a temporary email client

There are things that I don't understand that haven't changed yet, the image where it says Welcome to Zooville looks pixelated, it seems like they tried to enlarge a low resolution image

Why do you want to identify us so much, perhaps it is for our safety (no), it would be better if there were more moderators to avoid CP/abusive content with people or animals and not compromise everyone's privacy for a few criminals.

In addition, the form of identification is the creation of an email account in protonmail or another email, in all my emails my names are false, also in this forum, no one is stupid enough to give their real information. If what you are looking for is to put an end to spam, put in moderators but don't make the registration process so long.
Make all your posts all in one, as you posted all of them within minutes of each other. Because a message board has a "verify your email" doesn't mean we're trying to identify you. If we allowed temp emails, it would end up with a back log of undeliverable emails. Sure it can be turned off. You can speak with ZT about the logo. I don't remember who made it by this point.

This is a message board. Its going to require an email to sign up. That's the whole point of a message board. Reddit requires an email to sign up, So does Twitter, or any other site out there. Don't use your proton email tied to your real self, and you'll have less of a chance of anything happening.

We also do our best to ensure content that's not allowed is removed. We also would appreciate if people reported the content, or messages people see that may go against the rules. This isn't Facebook where they have bots that fail at moderating anything.

You'd think since we only allowed protonmail since the first incident that happened where everyone's email that most likely could've been tied to their personal selfs was compromised due to Vbulletin's coding issue. You'd be happy we're at least helping people maintain their privacy.
What you do with your email account is on you.
We can't use Signal as registration, we can't use Telegram as a sign up. Before you talk about something like Single sign on, or some other way, that's basically tying your identity to the site.

There are things that I don't understand that haven't changed yet,

You've been here since April 2023, and you've never mentioned anything you want improved on. You just happen to be talking about it now.

This is a message board. Its going to require an email to sign up. That's the whole point of a message board. Reddit requires an email to sign up, So does Twitter, or any other site out there. Don't use your proton email tied to your real self, and you'll have less of a chance of anything happening.

I don't oppose requiring an email account for registration, but Protonmail is a bit inconvenient because it is hard to make a truly anonymous account with it. That means, if you try to create an account from an IP that is not traceable to you, linking said account to no secondary email account that is traceable back to you nor a phone number, Protonmail does not make it easy.

The main reason for web forums to require an email account is fighting spam, bots and ban evasion. If there were good ways to solve those with no email requirement I would like to hear ideas about it.

IT LOOKS LIKE A MORE USER FRIENDLY DESIGN, WITH A CLEAN DESIGN, NOT WITH A 90'S AESTHETIC
But it works. With your activity level here the layout could not be much of an issue. There are a lot of users here with much more activity, somehow they got used to the 1990's design. And do not forget that dealing with topics like we do here, personal safety is an issue. If you really cant bear the design here, feel free to create a better site, and see how long it lasts.

Back