Favorite breeds?

Considering a k9 this topic shouldn’t be the first priority. Activity, energy, disposition, shedding, climate, allergies, trust worthy, territorial, known health issues available time you intend to spend with them should all be considered first. I’ve had four different breeds over the years. My Mally was by far the smartest but had I known how much he’d shed I might of rethought it. It is the only reason I did not get a mally again. Depending on your needs and circumstances check out a Bouiver des Flanders. They are not as high strung as a mally,in the home,apartment they are mellow, what little they shed isn’t bad they are considered a non allergenic breed. They are also alert and if need be ready and able to defend if need be. You should make a list of attributes you desire in a companion than start checking out breed attributes checking off the boxes. I don’t think there’s a breed out there that fills every box I want. Dobbie’s can suffer separation anixeity become destructive if bored, Mally, Shepard’s shed and may need a job, Shepard’s have also been puppy milled a lot and I have had 25 stitches in my head when I was six years old from a farm bred GSD. They are great dogs but choose one well. Many of the spitz breeds of dogs are beautiful but many are working dogs and can have stubborn streaks. A lot of choices possiable and having said all this I don’t think is a bad k9 but there is more than a fair share of bad owners.

What's everyone's favorite k9 breeds to either mount or be mounted by? I personally love great danes and think huskies are just adorable. I think everyone wants a big breed though because they can handle what we want easier than the others. I'd love to own a my own giant stud mutt someday but right now it's just not feasible with my apartment constraints. Hope to find plenty of others willing to share though.
We're in DFW sometimes, that could be arranged...

Back