Experience with hormone chips ?

Hay guys I'm hoping you're doing great and beeing healthy ! :gsd_happysmile:

My parents took my lovely doggo to the vet so the vet can implant a hormone chip. They wanted to test the effects of an castration before they pay more than 200€ to get "the real thing". After 4 weeks the chip shows it's effect my and my German Shepherd was not longer able to hump me. He got a 6 months chip in april wich means it should be depleted but still no signs of sexual drive.

Has some of guys have experience with such chips and how long it will take do fully breake down the chip hormones ? I don't want any precise timelines there are just to many factor for it but maybe some of you guy have experience with itand some rough time estimates for me.

Have great day and thank you very much in advance ❤️
Theo the German Shepherd 🐕‍🦺😊

You should definitely fight against "the real thing" as it is going to permanently mutilate your dog's genitals and change his personality. It does not seem you need to do this for any medical reason. Why are you considering castration?
If it is your dog, you should decide whether a castration will or will not happen.

You should definitely fight against "the real thing" as it is going to permanently mutilate your dog's genitals and change his personality. It does not seem you need to do this for any medical reason. Why are you considering castration?
If it is your dog, you should decide whether a castration will or will not happen.

I will and we already discussed that there won't be the real thing ! It's not my own dog on the paper but I'm the one who cares for him. They wanted to try if a castration would make him calmer. But It didn't worksled as they expected so he won't get a real castration !

Reactions: pes
Well my dog generally gets calmer when I suck him off. Directly after that he usually falls asleep and if we for example go for a walk after sex, he is usually calmer and more focused. So you might suggest that. :D

Back