Estranged from family after talking about it

Pixma460

Tourist
So my situation is as follows... I live in a dirty, run-down house owned by a neglectful and dismissive landlord. Dude's just bent on being lazy cuz he's old or whatever. Sends his superintendent living below me up to disturb my sleep and harass me. In response to all this I booked it out of there to stay with my parents the last month, but now they've asked me to pack up and leave their condo after mentioning the word 'zoosexual.' I can't seem to properly explain to them that I'm NOT trying to rape their animals and that I would hold nothing but the utmost respect for them, if anything.
Shit of course doesn't help that my sibling and long-time best friend is worrisome about the same shit.
Fact is that I now gotta stay here until this pandemic is over and I can find a reasonable place else to live (my area is unfortunately being gentrified right now too, and the housing market seems to be running with that), and I have no idea how long it would be. Not about to be paying rent for a house with irreparable mold and a rodent infestation, but moreover I really think bringing an animal home would go some way to easing the stress of it all... What I fear most is running out of money, of course, but I have a stable job... and really more than anything I'm worried that my animal just might get sick from living here. I haven't gotten sick, and so far I don't know of any neighbors that did, even since the pandemic started. Nor did my siblings cat I fostered here last year. But still, mold is mold...
I think what's going to be the only thing I can do for my own sanity is to bring someone home this week.
Any thoughts or comments tryna stop me are welcome, I think I really do want to hear from others about this.
I just feel so ashamed for bringing it up to the family now, but that's why I'm posting in this community here.

Lots of love,
Pix 💜

They can't make you leave legally, be be careful because they can try to bend rules and have people lie for them. It's their word against yours, but be aware, at this point, they are you enemies, so be careful.

why did you feel the need to drop "the word" anyway? validation? got caught messing with their animals? something else?
i'm not judging, just curious why would you take the risk. it's not like telling your parents "i'm gonna dye my hair blue"
It was half the reason why I went to go see my sib the other day, and the entire reason for me to flee that house out of discomfort. The animals in there (god I feel so fucking bad that they get yelled at all the time for no reason whatsoever) seemed to come around to me okay. I'm not gonna give too much info about my sibling here, but suffice it to say they've known about my attraction for a long time. Trouble is with the people closest to me, they (parents included) were probably thinking it was just a phase for as special interests sometimes are for ASD-folk (yes I'm in that camp too), but idk I guess this is different.

It's just not a culturally-understood thing here in the states or anywhere really which is a shame, and it's taboo enough to make some states want to put laws up about it, but what people don't realize is that nowhere in any of those laws does it say anything about sexuality, only acts of sex e.g. 'bestiality.' My state apparently doesn't have any legislation on it whatsoever, so I think I'm okay there.

I don't like to call myself a zoophile, frankly I just don't like the way it sounds when spoken, it feels unclean... And I've always tried to be an advocate for folk that need a descriptor label in order to be recognized as a class of people, and it's really dumb that we have to hide our lifestyles in forums like these, life if it were up to me one I'd make it legal, two I'd make zoosexuals a protected class and part of the LGBT+ community.
As for the other "risk," of it all with family, I expect my parents are gonna tell the rest of the family which will put me more estranged, but it's not like I'm still a kid or like I even had to stay with them in the first place. I'm not about to let myself be guided by shame, and if I want to let my pup hump me, or if I wanna touch her parts when she's in heat and flags me, imma fuckin do it cos dammit it fucking feels liberating to me, and I certainly would hope it feels pretty good for them too.
It was kind of nice for a month because my landlords doing some pretty underhanded shit right now and it's really fucking with my thought processes, so I went for a sort of respite to regain some stability. But, now I'm back where I was, so I'm thinking the best thing for me would be to adopt an ESA that could possibly even have a more intimate relationship with me. Figured I'd start volunteering at a shelter for a few weeks as I wait on approval for returning to work to get a feel for the care and feeding aspects, then after I got to know everyone a bit I'd take someone back with me I guess 🤷‍♀️

I can't express how thankful I am for all the support in this, and all the responses that came in so quickly 💜 I think PonyLove might be right though, eliminating drama should come first and shit is definitely still very, very dramatic for me on the daily. Just I've been thinking about it for so long now, mentally and financially preparing myself for the responsibility, and while I could certainly 'handle it,' I definitely don't want to rush in... Gonna start with finding a shelter that needs volunteer work filled, for sure. Love you folx, for real thank you 💜💜

UPDATE: Not to draw out my life shit, I don't want to make this a pity-me thread, please call me out of u feel I need to be....
Therapist has asked me to see someone else, I'm trying to understand what exactly it's all about but I won't hear back until Monday, if at all. Has anyone else heard of a MHP just throwing out a client like that about this? Like I'm all about live and let live but the way they painted it to me with a OCD diagnosis... That shit just did not sit right with me because how the hell is that even true when I had THREE other doctors in my life tell me I DIDN'T have that, and that my fixation on "things," is a result of my ASD??? They must have animals of their own because the one common factor I'm seeing in all these people I've called my friends over the years has been that they're all pet owners...

This is why we don’t tell anyone of our sexual relationships regarding something taboo or illegal.
Did you hear that ZOO RIGHTS movement!!!
No one wins when people are evicted for being zoo!
Sadly, this isn't Germany when it comes to zoo issues.

Unfortunately, even people who have serious professions as doctors or whatever, don't always act professional and unbiased. Not all doctors will see something wrong with you being attracted to animals. An issue could be is that because of their bias, they may intentionally put something on your file or whatever it is that other doctors have access to that will reflect their biases and maybe negatively reflect on you. I knew someone who had a therapist and they were\are gay, and the therapist apparently what trying to get them to convert or was not comfortable or ok with it. I don't talk to this person anymore, but do know that just because someone has a role of power and their profession is to help, it doesn't mean they will, and in some cases, their motivations may be to work against you and even hurt you. Life is unfair often, but it doesn't have to be, but it is because of the ignorance of man.

I don't talk to this person anymore, but do know that just because someone has a role of power and their profession is to help, it doesn't mean they will, and in some cases, their motivations may be to work against you and even hurt you. Life is unfair often, but it doesn't have to be, but it is because of the ignorance of man.
I don't understand this.

UPDATE: Not to draw out my life shit, I don't want to make this a pity-me thread, please call me out of u feel I need to be....
Therapist has asked me to see someone else, I'm trying to understand what exactly it's all about but I won't hear back until Monday, if at all. Has anyone else heard of a MHP just throwing out a client like that about this? Like I'm all about live and let live but the way they painted it to me with a OCD diagnosis... That shit just did not sit right with me because how the hell is that even true when I had THREE other doctors in my life tell me I DIDN'T have that, and that my fixation on "things," is a result of my ASD??? They must have animals of their own because the one common factor I'm seeing in all these people I've called my friends over the years has been that they're all pet owners...
Yes, a responsible MHP will inform you if they don't feel qualified to help you. A really responsible one will refer you to another MHP by name, instead of just tossing you out.
Never, EVER tell any MHP you are zoo. Not for any reason. There is no need for them to know. Most of them would report you for it.

So my situation is as follows... I live in a dirty, run-down house owned by a neglectful and dismissive landlord. Dude's just bent on being lazy cuz he's old or whatever. Sends his superintendent living below me up to disturb my sleep and harass me. In response to all this I booked it out of there to stay with my parents the last month, but now they've asked me to pack up and leave their condo after mentioning the word 'zoosexual.' I can't seem to properly explain to them that I'm NOT trying to rape their animals and that I would hold nothing but the utmost respect for them, if anything.
Shit of course doesn't help that my sibling and long-time best friend is worrisome about the same shit.
Fact is that I now gotta stay here until this pandemic is over and I can find a reasonable place else to live (my area is unfortunately being gentrified right now too, and the housing market seems to be running with that), and I have no idea how long it would be. Not about to be paying rent for a house with irreparable mold and a rodent infestation, but moreover I really think bringing an animal home would go some way to easing the stress of it all... What I fear most is running out of money, of course, but I have a stable job... and really more than anything I'm worried that my animal just might get sick from living here. I haven't gotten sick, and so far I don't know of any neighbors that did, even since the pandemic started. Nor did my siblings cat I fostered here last year. But still, mold is mold...
I think what's going to be the only thing I can do for my own sanity is to bring someone home this week.
Any thoughts or comments tryna stop me are welcome, I think I really do want to hear from others about this.
I just feel so ashamed for bringing it up to the family now, but that's why I'm posting in this community here.

Lots of love,
Pix 💜
Id wait till you are back in a stable situation to get a pet. Dont wanna shake the hornets nest anymore then already done.

This is why we don’t tell anyone of our sexual relationships regarding something taboo or illegal.
Did you hear that ZOO RIGHTS movement!!!
No one wins when people are evicted for being zoo!
Actually no, I should probably look into that shouldn't I?
I don't understand this.
Nah, I bet it's just the 'professional' attitude. Read this book by Steven Pressfield called The War of Art a while back and it gives you this whole routine, and step-by-step process to becoming someone that's trying to get into the mindset. I notice people tend to adopt that a lot at my jobs, which are in kitchens. The personal willingness to work with people if their style is different from their own ticks em off, and people are only focused on the work they're doing. If an MHP's belief of "helping" people is to just get them cured, I guess it makes sense why she just diagnosed and kicked me.

Yes, a responsible MHP will inform you if they don't feel qualified to help you. A really responsible one will refer you to another MHP by name, instead of just tossing you out.
Never, EVER tell any MHP you are zoo. Not for any reason. There is no need for them to know. Most of them would report you for it.
Yeah I'm just gonna avoid therapy altogether for now... Need income first anyway.
Id wait till you are back in a stable situation to get a pet. Dont wanna shake the hornets nest anymore then already done.
I meet all the requirements to get an ESA... I think I should do the adoption sooner rather than later (income comes first obvs)...

What’s done has been done. It sucks, but you’re stuck living with the consequences of being a little too open with the wrong people. I can only wish the best for you moving forward. I know it’s gonna seem like the world just despises you for no reason, but you deserve a chance to live a happy and fulfilling life no matter what anyone else says. You’re human just like the rest of us.

There’s always tomorrow. This too shall pass. I don’t know the right answer for you, but I believe you’ll make it to a sunny day. Just hang in there, man. Keep your head high and you’ll find a comfortable home, a therapist that can separate bias from their job, and an animal companion of your own to light up your life. Family won’t always understand or be there for you, and that’s a disheartening reality. I just hope you can find people who do love and appreciate you, whether you chose to bring up zoosexuality or not.

It’s all about climbing that mountain. At some point, you’ll find you’ve made it to the top, and you’re chilling in peace among the clouds and sunshine. You can make it there, but you gotta keep pushing forward even when the going gets tough.

I’m genuinely wishing you luck on my side of the world, man. Stay strong.

What’s done has been done. It sucks, but you’re stuck living with the consequences of being a little too open with the wrong people. I can only wish the best for you moving forward. I know it’s gonna seem like the world just despises you for no reason, but you deserve a chance to live a happy and fulfilling life no matter what anyone else says. You’re human just like the rest of us.

There’s always tomorrow. This too shall pass. I don’t know the right answer for you, but I believe you’ll make it to a sunny day. Just hang in there, man. Keep your head high and you’ll find a comfortable home, a therapist that can separate bias from their job, and an animal companion of your own to light up your life. Family won’t always understand or be there for you, and that’s a disheartening reality. I just hope you can find people who do love and appreciate you, whether you chose to bring up zoosexuality or not.

It’s all about climbing that mountain. At some point, you’ll find you’ve made it to the top, and you’re chilling in peace among the clouds and sunshine. You can make it there, but you gotta keep pushing forward even when the going gets tough.

I’m genuinely wishing you luck on my side of the world, man. Stay strong.
Thank you 💜

There's should be a time and place for the conversation... Parents definitely ain't gonna let there be that though, or doctors

Therapist has asked me to see someone else, I'm trying to understand what exactly it's all about but I won't hear back until Monday, if at all. Has anyone else heard of a MHP just throwing out a client like that about this?

This has been a problem with MHP's due to a lack of training and research, people like Hani Miletski are doing the research to understand the zoosexual mindset. Basically the handbook for MHP's says that you are an attention seeking criminal. They have no way to process or understand you.

Hani and others have discovered through research that most zoosexual people really care for animals and will do anything to protect them.

One of the interesting things about knowing someones secret is now you have to process that information into your life. Your MHP now has to decide what you mean by zoosexual and how they feel about that in their life. They probably never had to understand the idea of sex with animals and now you have them trying to comprehend how they feel about animal sex.

This has been a problem with MHP's due to a lack of training and research, people like Hani Miletski are doing the research to understand the zoosexual mindset. Basically the handbook for MHP's says that you are an attention seeking criminal. They have no way to process or understand you.

Hani and others have discovered through research that most zoosexual people really care for animals and will do anything to protect them.

One of the interesting things about knowing someones secret is now you have to process that information into your life. Your MHP now has to decide what you mean by zoosexual and how they feel about that in their life. They probably never had to understand the idea of sex with animals and now you have them trying to comprehend how they feel about animal sex.
Yeah, i bet it can be pretty shocking to hear about in serious context. I've found someone new to talk with now, and disclosed everything to them up front. Its all telehealth atm so gotta just see how it goes. I'll mention that name to him, thanks!

they can kick him or her out of the house if they are of age parents can kick u too the curb
You must not have paid close enough attention to what was said. This person was talking about their landlord, and in addition, mentioning their family.

The first thing you need to understand is even the LGBT+ community looks down on people who do this kind of thing. It's almost universally revolting to those who aren't wired the same way. It's going to take a LOT of time before the mainstream even remotely warms up to the small, miniscule possibility that this could be okay.

That being said, under no circumstances should you ever tell anyone. And I mean EVER. Never bring it up, even in gest. Don't hint to it, don't allude to it, don't have literature on it. I get that people don't want to hide but there are very real problems with the mainstream and this lifestyle.

A prime example: Pedos. It's universally abhorrent. Everyone, everywhere wants to smash their heads in and for good reason. It isn't okay, it'll never be okay. But you know what? People that are attracted to kids are pushing for special labels like MAP (minor attracted person) and they are trying to do the same thing that's happening here: Get included in the LGBT+ spectrum. No happening. It'll never be accepted by the mainstream and it would be suicide (both figuratively and literally in some cases) to admit you're MAP.

The damage is done, I understand this. However, in future, and this goes for anyone: Unless you're with someone who actively engages in this, NEVER bring it up. At all. It can be used against you something fierce even if the person you told today nothing.

Back