Dogs, Sex, Orgasms, Pleasure

You wrote: "but when they start having sex with humans, after a while they learn and their brains switch over that reproduction is already a pleasure and they experience stronger orgasms."
That's a pretty fascinating concept. But when you really think about it it's not outlandish at all: sensibilities can be learned. I hadn't thought about it this way before. It's a beautiful defense of the lifestyle, the intersection...
Any animal that has experienced sex will have a stronger will to do it again regardless of who they have sex with. You see it in studs all the time. And us as well. It’s why the human dults beat the shit out of each other over a woman.

I'm pretty sure that they enjoy sex. But how do they experience it exactly? how do dogs or pigs experience ejaculation for example? Is it an orgasm like in humans?
Hard to say. It’s a very difficult endeavor to under go. A few scientists wrote a book on how dogs love us. THAT experiment was very different to undergo for a few brain scans.

For mammals and many higher-order of animals, pleasure/joy encourages a behavior, pain/unpleasantness discourages a behavior. Certainly there is an instinctive component as well.

There is no doubt in my mind male dogs derive pleasure from sexual intercourse and can experience something *they* would consider an orgasm if they could intellectualize and verbalize it in a way we would understand.

However, it's in the body language, the nuances of the experience, and sometimes even expressed in a vocal way.

One of the most obvious was a standard poodle I was with somewhat regularly (I was dating his owner) who would often would let out a loud, ongoing Howwwwooooooooooooooooooooooo right as his first of several bursts of semen came to be. During and after ejaculation his penis and knot would twitch-twitch-twitch and his hips seemed to do the same. At the same time he'd literally squeeze my waist with his legs, holding on tight, panting hard.

Yeah, he orgasmed.

And there was no denying he wanted to have sex. He made that really clear. If we did the deed, then his "I want" behavior would stop for a long time, then he'd start it up again.
Very interesting in several ways, one of which is personal: I have three standard poodles. I checked your profile but it's private. Can I ask: are you a man or a woman?

True, but that doesn't make it welcoming or OK.
I know from another thread on here that this site is pretty well moderated. Maybe you guys should have a conversation with the moderators about ejecting members who flood you with spam.

Do the females have orgasms? Can you feel them?
I can definitely attest to that, indeed they do. It's not uncommon for my Newfie doggy gal to have 2-3 orgasms even when outside of her heat cycle. I think the most I've gotten from her was 6-7 orgasms in one sexual session during heat. For my other doggy gal, I think the most orgasms I got from her was 7-8 when she was in heat. From my experience and from what I've heard from others it's actually a lot easier to give a female dog an orgasm than it is to give a woman an orgasm. For dogs you'll generally feel it as them claiming their vaginal muscles and suddenly getting very wet internally and around the inside of her vulva. They'll also often do zoomies as well where they spin around and run around all excited from the sheer pleasure.

The main thing is that mammals all share roughly the same setup as humans. Animals all have roughly the same sexual organs both internally and externally as humans including a clitoris on the females. Animals also release the same "feel good" brain chemicals during sex that we release, namely dopamine, serotonin, vasopressin, and endorphins during and after sex. The parts might be slightly rearranged, but there are all there.

They totally do. I feel like you wouldn't need to have any personal experiences to know this too.
I think the people on this site who have actually had the experience are in a far better position to draw conclusions than scientists in some clinical study who have never had the experiences.

Last edited:
Remember the days when the old generations preached that animals dont have feelings and werent intelligent. This was all in a sadistic attempt to mistreat and control animals. This practice still exists today. Anyone who has owned an animal no matter the breed will tell you that animals do have feelings and are highly intelligent in their own ways. Animals actions have always spoken louder than words. How come animals can understand what we say yet after centuries of being in their company we cant fully understand them and what they say. Who is more superior. Them or us. If actions speak louder than words then one would only have to look at a dogs face to see if they are enjoying themselves during sex. Same is said for their eyes. They make stupid looking faces during sex just like us and they try their hardest to satisfy themselves as well as us. Dogs know when a woman orgasms and he will continue to please her until he has nothing more to give or exhausted himself first. Which ever comes first. A man who has sex with his bitch will experience the same kind of devotion. Thats if he is patient and doesnt force or mistreat her in the process. All mammals can feel and sense its partners emotions and body movements. To think that one is lesser than another is very narrow minded. Off course dogs orgasm in their own way and yes they do derive pleasure from mating with their partner. To think otherwise is very narrow minded. This is my thought for the day and my small bit of input into this subject. .
No it is from religion, that tuaght humans where specially created, like most crap ideas on this dirt ball it all tends to come back to abrehamic religions as being the worst and most detached from reality, the pegans had some mind crushing gimpines but they at least grasped we're part of nature not seperat from it

Well, maybe I'm wrong but. It sounds like they rather refuse to admit that animals feel emotions and pleasure like us because it gives them more intelligence, esteem and above all equality with us.
I can't deny what I see with my pup. She tenses, she quivers, her orifice tightens and pulses, her facial expression changes and her heart races. But they will tell you that it is just a physiological reaction due to reproduction and that she does not feel anything.
Ditto if I say that I please her with my mouth, they will explain to me that at the very beginning the females needed clitoral stimulation to ovulate. Certainly, yet she comes to get me even outside the breeding season. Will they tell me it's just because of the hormones? What are their excuses for monkeys, like bonobos for example? OR for meerkats?

Back