Dog Sports

Spekpup

Tourist
Anyone into dog sports or thinking about it? Currently have a female herding mix pup I’ve been lightly training in some agility.

what's the sport where the dog runs ahead of you and basicly pulls you with a special leash tied to your waist called? that's the only one i ever considered trying, before i became a couch potato i mean

Jake has had some light defends training. Not a sport but useful in a state that don’t allow self defense. Can’t say shit if you invaded my property and my dog takes a chunk out of your leg

Anyone into dog sports or thinking about it? Currently have a female herding mix pup I’ve been lightly training in some agility.
At the end of the day all that matters is that you and your dog have something to do together doesn't really matter what.
Agility is pretty awesome thou it might be a bit much for some the larger breeds out there... The nice thing about it is that it's almost like a dance with the way it flows and what I find pretty cool is that if you do it right you barely have to do anything while your dog does all the work... :D

Scentwork is easy to get started with. Does not need a lot of gadgets, but te owner should read the lessons before starting if it is meant to be fun. Mantrailing is also fun, but requires some cooperative persons to participate.
I’m thinking about doing some scent work- I know for a fact I wanna try Fastcat, maybe Bitesports, and Rally Obedience

At the end of the day all that matters is that you and your dog have something to do together doesn't really matter what.
Agility is pretty awesome thou it might be a bit much for some the larger breeds out there... The nice thing about it is that it's almost like a dance with the way it flows and what I find pretty cool is that if you do it right you barely have to do anything while your dog does all the work... :D
Very true! I saw a video going around in some dog groups of a trainer in a coordinated dance with her two Malinois and it was absolutely breathtaking

Back