Dog cums without semen

he used to cum with strong cumshot when I masturbated him, but don't remember since when, he doesn't cumshot anymore.
now he still humped when I masturbated him aswell, his knot become fully big, his penis was throbing, everything is like before ,but just no semen.
I wonder if that is some kind of diseases, but I don't know how talk about this to the vet without like "I jerk off my dog".

Last edited:
How often do you jerk him? Because there's been times when I jerked a bunch of times in one day and while I still got all the feeling of getting the job done, there was no semen.

No squirt at all? Neither precum?
Piss OK and strong flow?
Many times male dogs get kidney stones that block the urethra.

Could be.
Thing is, if pre comes out nicely, might be something before the prostate, and that could be bad news.
But, if there is any piss flow problem or shows efford there is something you can easily talk with the vet :)

I suppose prostate problem would also block piss stream as in humans?

Could be.
Thing is, if pre comes out nicely, might be something before the prostate, and that could be bad news.
But, if there is any piss flow problem or shows efford there is something you can easily talk with the vet :)

I suppose prostate problem would also block piss stream as in humans?
If it’s not urinating issue and he don’t have prostate issues and is not castrated he’s either yet again not interested or he’s getting too old to care anymore. Or your just bad at handling rockets.

Um. Right. OP says he was active
edit -so ill give credit on not castrated and handling was okay- /edit
and age not known.

Boy getting old is a good guess considering the age gap we are given here.

Maybe it's retrograde ejaculation (it's going back into his bladder instead of out the tip of the penis)? That can be cause by various diseases or just older age. Would be worth getting a check up, but it's gonna be tricky to get them to focus on that problem. If he was a breeding dog you could ask for semen evaluation and they'd notice the problem pretty quickly.

No squirt at all? Neither precum?
Piss OK and strong flow?
Many times male dogs get kidney stones that block the urethra.
That dog would be in agony and more likely bite.
He could have prostate issues
neither precum , but he can piss normally.

If he was a breeding dog you could ask for semen evaluation and they'd notice the problem pretty quickly.
I've thought about pretending hes a breeding dog , but I think there is still a risk .

Hello,

I'm going to make the assumption your dog isn't castrated because that would mostly explain this problem.

I don't know enough about dogs to give an informed answer here. Retrograde ejaculation (semen going into the bladder) would explain it but not the sudden onset. This usually isn't painful or problematic and the primary concern is reduced fertility.

If you want an answer or at least to worry less I think you need to take him to a vet. Remember that most people don't think about anyone jacking off their dog for fun. Vets see lots of people who have random and silly questions all the time.

I would go with something along the lines of "He sometimes has wet dreams but recently nothing comes out. He wakes up and licks maybe he is uncomfortable? He used to make puddles HAHA now nothing. Is that a problem?"

Congrats you might sound like an idiot but its a legitimate question someone could ask. Dogs have wet dreams all the time and it can be very noticeable. Doesn't make you a perv to notice the lack of ejaculate. Depending on your knowledge you can get into the conversation because you find it interesting (and now it is a mystery to solve which explains your interest) or you can grunt like a caveman and go along with their responses. At the end of the day they're kind of trying to get you in and out to move on to the next forty appointments that day.

If you go with the "he is for breeding" route you have to be ready to have a straight story and know at least a bit about breeding dogs. There are lots of people out there breeding dogs that know very little about it but telling big lies is harder than little ones. What are his bloodlines? Do you have pictures of some puppies? Do you have a puppy for sale because so and so up front was looking for one of this breed? He is older has he always had fertility issues or is this something new? Who is your regular vet for the breeding work because you don't bring any other dogs here... Some people can talk their way around things like that and some can't.

I always recommend the "try to sound like an idiot who noticed something strange" route because that is SUPER common for vets to hear. I've heard several (yes more than one) stories from vets of owners pulling "ticks" off their male dog's belly but they won't come off they just bleed! Male dogs have nipples too...

Hopefully my rambling was helpful and best of luck with your stud dog.

he used to cum with strong cumshot when I masturbated him, but don't remember since when, he doesn't cumshot anymore.
now he still humped when I masturbated him aswell, his knot become fully big, his penis was throbing, everything is like before ,but just no semen.
I wonder if that is some kind of diseases, but I don't know how talk about this to the vet without like "I jerk off my dog".
Check his balls for any anormalities, also check the area between the balls and the anus. If it is swollen, or "big" there might be a problem. What treatment would be for the vet. to determine.

If you have a vet. you need to stand accountable for, get another.

BTW how old is your dog?

Yes, the inexperienced approach is good for vets. You dont imagine how many have noticed "a big tumor" in the groin of their male dog. Even castrates can have the "tumor" now and then.

Is his ass hole twitching when he orgasms/cums?

Is his ass hole twitching when he orgasms/cums?
I ask because if it twitches it means that his ejaculation mechanism/procedure works and that there is no cum produced in the glands while otherwise I would suspect a lack of production or overmasturbation.

Than he's dry probably.
OP already stated frequency less then 1x/week which wouldn't dry him out. Even if you did it every half hour, don't think he would be completely 100% dry.
During emission, a bunch of stuff needs to happen at the same time. All the different organs need to do their thing at the same time. There's some pretty complicated pathways for that to happen. Anything going on in that area (stuff around prostate, perineum, testicles, rectum, lower spine, etc) could have an effect on ejaculation or sexual function.
It would be important at minimum to get a proper physical exam on this dog to rule out as many things as possible. I think OP's problem is that it's hard to specifically ask the vet about a non-breeding dog's ejaculation habits (if you bring it up in a context that you'd see a normal dog ejaculation, like after mounting a female but failing to tie, it'll feel more awkward for you then for the vet I'm sure).
That being said, for an older intact male it should be part of any general exam to rectally palpate prostate, testicles and perianal region. If that wasn't done during routine exam, it wouldn't be weird for someone to express concerns about prostate problems, testicular/perianal/anal sac tumors (which are not infrequent in older inact dogs) and ask to have that checked. At least if everything is normal there, you might be less worried.

OP already stated frequency less then 1x/week which wouldn't dry him out. Even if you did it every half hour, don't think he would be completely 100% dry.
During emission, a bunch of stuff needs to happen at the same time. All the different organs need to do their thing at the same time. There's some pretty complicated pathways for that to happen. Anything going on in that area (stuff around prostate, perineum, testicles, rectum, lower spine, etc) could have an effect on ejaculation or sexual function.
It would be important at minimum to get a proper physical exam on this dog to rule out as many things as possible. I think OP's problem is that it's hard to specifically ask the vet about a non-breeding dog's ejaculation habits (if you bring it up in a context that you'd see a normal dog ejaculation, like after mounting a female but failing to tie, it'll feel more awkward for you then for the vet I'm sure).
That being said, for an older intact male it should be part of any general exam to rectally palpate prostate, testicles and perianal region. If that wasn't done during routine exam, it wouldn't be weird for someone to express concerns about prostate problems, testicular/perianal/anal sac tumors (which are not infrequent in older inact dogs) and ask to have that checked. At least if everything is normal there, you might be less worried.
Yes, you are right. I haven't looked at it this way.
What the OP could do for example is demanding the vet to breed the dog for puppies or try to breed them and otherwise and hope the vet comes to find it out this or that way.

Back