Does Your Animal Relationship Frustrate You?, Because of the limitations?

Keily

Citizen of Zooville
BANNED USER
Hi folks. OK, this question is meant for Zoos that are involved in long term relationships with a single animal partner and that don't have boyfriends or girlfriends and are not married. I realize that this topic may make you feel a little sad, frustrated or touchy, because it points out some of the differences between a Zoofile relationship and a so-called normal one. It is not my intention at all to hurt you at all by bringing these points up or to make you feel sad or different in society, and maybe this is actually only my perception of how you must feel. Maybe this is not that big a deal to you, and perhaps it is not something that bothers you folks in the least, and I just think it does. After all, if you've never had a relationship with a human being of the opposite sex, then perhaps this isn't really something that you miss. But I would like to get an idea of how you folks actually feel about this topic.

OK, I'll be the first person to admit that a loving and prolonged relationship with an animal that you know well and have known for a long time is a very beautiful thing indeed. The love that you receive from your animal partner is very genuine, honest, open, physical, nonjudgemental and above all, nonconditional and that certainly makes it very beautiful. But what I'm wondering is, if you live alone with your animal partner, do you ever miss not being able to converse with her? Sure you can talk to her and she will understand the general mood and tone of your voice and maybe even understand some common words of yours, but you can't carry on an intellectual conversation with your partner and you can't involve your partner in the day to day decision making of your life, and does that ever bother you? Do you wish that you could know just what your partner is thinking at all times? And if you've gone through the ritual of actually marrying your animal partner, does it bother you that the marriage is actually one sided since animals don't have any concept of marriage? I'm just curious and am not trying to hurt or bum anyone out believe me, that's the last thing I'd want to do because I'm too sensitive to want to do that.

But I've always wondered how important these issues are to you regarding your partner, if they are important at all.

it kinda varies for me... i can go months without ever thinking "it'd be nice to have a conversation with them" since we do communicate, just not with words. then there are days when i'm pretty depressed about having noone to have "boring chats" with, like how was work or what happened or whatever, or just hearing "i love you" back.

the thing i hate the most about this life (and myself in general to be honest) is that "growing old together" can't happen for us.. i'm only 30 and i already burried the love of my life and not a single day goes by without thinking about him. a piece of me most likely died with him, because i fully realize that i don't love the ones after him (girl and boy) as much as i loved him... and not by my choice. i do cherish and care for them, it just isn't the same. i'm not the same. i dread the thought of what parts of me will die with them or the ones after them, i can sense myself getting more negative outlook on life already, what will i be like as a person in 20, 30 years?

Marriage is absolutely not a concern for me. I am atheist and while marriage (between two humans) may have some social/money benefits other than that it is useless.
I do have enough social contact through friends and family so not being able to talk with my dog does not bother me.
What I am a bit concerned about is not having anyone to rely on later in life.

I’m perfectly happy with my exclusive relationship with my canine girl, we communicate without words and she gives me everything I need. The only negative for me is that I can’t leave her alone for extended periods of time. It can be difficult to plan dog friendly trips and I can’t just leave her home alone if I can’t take her with me. Definitely an inconvenience at times but it’s worth it in the end.

The buzzing in my ear is more from not being able to confess my love over having to hide it from the others I love. And the obvious limitations of life between me and my dogs. You can’t have both, so pain and love go hand and hand there.

Yes, I have had these thoughts lately often. I have two mares. I love them, I have a loving relationship with them. I spend all my time with them when I'm not at work or sleeping. Unfortunately, I lack human contact. In the evening with coffee or TV. Discuss worries, problems at work. These conditions have brought me to the brink of suicide. I realize there's no way out of this and it scares me ... I'm only 25 years old ... I don't think I can handle it for long.

Yes, I have had these thoughts lately often. I have two mares. I love them, I have a loving relationship with them. I spend all my time with them when I'm not at work or sleeping. Unfortunately, I lack human contact. In the evening with coffee or TV. Discuss worries, problems at work. These conditions have brought me to the brink of suicide. I realize there's no way out of this and it scares me ... I'm only 25 years old ... I don't think I can handle it for long.
Buddy, if you're getting to that point don't be afraid to call for help.

Buddy, if you're getting to that point don't be afraid to call for help.
I would like help, but from whom? I can't tell my parents. I started a topic about it on the forum. Everyone told me not to tell my parents they wouldn't understand. I have a friend who is like me. I mean love for mares. We visit twice a week, we talk. He suffers as much as I do. He loves his horses above all, but that's not all ... I was also with a psychologist. He hurt me more than he helped. He began threatening the police. Say how bad it is. Immoral .. I have no one to turn to.

I would like help, but from whom? I can't tell my parents. I started a topic about it on the forum. Everyone told me not to tell my parents they wouldn't understand. I have a friend who is like me. I mean love for mares. We visit twice a week, we talk. He suffers as much as I do. He loves his horses above all, but that's not all ... I was also with a psychologist. He hurt me more than he helped. He began threatening the police. Say how bad it is. Immoral .. I have no one to turn to.
Maybe set up a local thread, forum to get to know some people geologically closer to you and over time make some friends?

I would like help, but from whom? I can't tell my parents. [...] I was also with a psychologist. He hurt me more than he helped. He began threatening the police. Say how bad it is. Immoral .. I have no one to turn to.

You stumbled upon some dickhead of a psychologist. You said you lack human contact, if so then it should be possible to get help without mentioning anything zooey. This sounds a lot like a problem with the environment you are in, maybe making some friends would help (I mean normal friendship based on hobbies or interests). I can't give a personalized advice based on that much info though.

Animals are more open to things
Some psychiatrist he should have his license revoked for not having a open mind. Threatening to call police is saying "hey say anymore ill ruin your life screw patient-doctor confidentiality". Thats pretty low for someone who talks to wouldbe murderers and rapists.

Last edited:
interesting question. Me and my girl have been together for over 10 years and i love her more than i can describe. She was spayed before i got her so we never been able to have sex. The fact that i cant have sex with the one i love has frustrated me in the past but that doesn't change how i feel about her. She has shown me that sex is not necessary for love, she is the love of my life and i can't imagine my life without her. As for having someone to conversate with i have friends for that so that dont bother me, and my girl knows a lot of words so we can kinda have a conversation lol. The only inconvenience i can see is that i can't leave the house for more than a few hours without thinking about her and wanting to go home to be with her, she doesn't have separation anxiety or anything like that, i just don't like being away from her and leaving her alone. Not growing old together is definitely a issue i try not to think about, idk what im going to do without her, i don't like to think about that.

Bad luck with the psychist! My Therapist told me no big deal, there are a lot of people out there, having relationships with animals. Mostely dogs.
Then she encouraged me to lay down my fears and become a horseowner. She even tryed to convey a horse of another client owning too many to me.
That did not work out but in the meantime i own two mares. I am very happy about it. Even tough the two sweeties don't share special intrest with me... so far...
You have a Zoofriend you can talk, you have a Horsie to love. Where exactly is the problem?

It can be. I hit high points and hit some rather low ones as well. I’m currently at a mid line right now.

Back