does someone know or have links to any "brazil nut" farms that sell fresh seeds?

Don't know where in the world you are, but unless you have the same climate as bazil they're not gonna grow. Most plants are very specific about where they'll grow. The US has at least a dozen "growing zones" each broken down into decimal point smaller zones which are categorized to tell planters what will successfully grow where.

You're not trying to grow your own tree? Do you just want unroasted ones for consumption? You can buy raw ones off Amazon. They probably aren't just-picked-off-the-tree-yesterday fresh, though; is that what you're after?

I want to eat them sprouted from a vaiable seed

Don't know where in the world you are, but unless you have the same climate as bazil they're not gonna grow. Most plants are very specific about where they'll grow. The US has at least a dozen "growing zones" each broken down into decimal point smaller zones which are categorized to tell planters what will successfully grow where.

jst looking to sprout them - so only initial germination

I want to eat them sprouted from a vaiable seed
Have you tried your local farmer co-op? They can probably get it. Or online like from Veseys Seeds?

You do realize that as a nut they come from a TREE right? Trees don't flower and fruit until they are usually many years if not decades old, Brazil Nut trees live 500-1000 years so they would likely be on the many decade before first flowering scale. The fruit also takes 14 months to grow after the flower has been pollinated, and they aren't actually a cultivated fruit. The majority of nuts are harvested from wild trees.

You can't just germinate a seed and pop out an edible nut. It's not a garden vegetable.

You do realize that as a nut they come from a TREE right? Trees don't flower and fruit until they are usually many years if not decades old, Brazil Nut trees live 500-1000 years so they would likely be on the many decade before first flowering scale. The fruit also takes 14 months to grow after the flower has been pollinated, and they aren't actually a cultivated fruit. The majority of nuts are harvested from wild trees.

You can't just germinate a seed and pop out an edible nut. It's not a garden vegetable.

I'm not sure, but the way it's put makes me think the goal is something along the same lines as "bean sprouts" or "wheatgrass sprouts", only using brazil nuts as the seedstock. Seems a fairly bizarre idea to me, but... <shrug> What do I know about normal? I mean, look where I hang out!

I'm not sure, but the way it's put makes me think the goal is something along the same lines as "bean sprouts" or "wheatgrass sprouts", only using brazil nuts as the seedstock. Seems a fairly bizarre idea to me, but... <shrug> What do I know about normal? I mean, look where I hang out!
*shrug*
Well from 5 minutes of searching google I'll say he's not gonna find them from a "farm".

Brazil nuts are an interesting crop. Native to the Amazon rainforest, Brazil nut trees can grow to 150 feet (45 m.) tall and produce nuts for centuries. They’re almost impossible to cultivate, however, because their pollination requirements are so specific. Only certain native bees can get into the flowers and cross pollinate in order to produce the nuts, and these bees are virtually impossible to domesticate. Because of this, pretty much all the world’s Brazil nuts are harvested in the wild. Keep reading to learn about harvesting Brazil nuts and Brazil nut tree facts.

Edit:
And since they're not cultivatable it means no one is planting them, so odds are not gonna find a plantable seed anywhere cause there's no market for them. They just go out into the jungle and pick up the fallen fruit from the jungle floor. That's why they're so expensive.

dartel my friend - no offense bt i am guessing you are not a farmer or deal with plants. brazil nut tree matures fully after 20 years. germination is the process where the sprout starts to eat the food which is the seed itself and drink the water and then grow into a sprout which is the part i want

*shrug*
Well from 5 minutes of searching google I'll say he's not gonna find them from a "farm".

Edit:
And since they're not cultivatable it means no one is planting them, so odds are not gonna find a plantable seed anywhere cause there's no market for them. They just go out into the jungle and pick up the fallen fruit from the jungle floor. That's why they're so expensive.

there are people who export it to the whole world - thats how you buy them,meaning, someone got the license or at least have a company of exporting them from local residents in panama, brazil, peru and etc where the amazonas forest go trough them - those are the people i am trying to get thier email (tried through google - maybe with the right phrasing or if i could search in purtogease or spanish ill get better search result)

Last edited:
Back