do you think someone should redesign the zoo flag?

The zoo pride flag is pointless since it can not be used in any public place.
You are so right. More over, I never understood gay pride. What is there to be proud of, except perhaps for getting their sexuality recognized. Am I proud to be a zoo? What is there to be proud or ashamed of? I don't get the whole concept.

My gripe with gays is that as soon as they started holding Gay Pride parades, there were always some obnoxious exhibitionists who made all gays look like unhinged perverts. People don't want their noses rubbed in other people's sexuality.

The other side of the coin is that since we are so reluctant to be known, every Jesus freak and church lady thinks they ought to pass a law against us.

You are so right. More over, I never understood gay pride. What is there to be proud of, except perhaps for getting their sexuality recognized. Am I proud to be a zoo? What is there to be proud or ashamed of? I don't get the whole concept.

My gripe with gays is that as soon as they started holding Gay Pride parades, there were always some obnoxious exhibitionists who made all gays look like unhinged perverts. People don't want their noses rubbed in other people's sexuality.

The other side of the coin is that since we are so reluctant to be known, every Jesus freak and church lady thinks they ought to pass a law against us.
There was this old lady in a Roman town who caught 2 women kissing. She then shouted stuff to “take satan out of there souls”. I guess hard core Christians don’t like Pride of any sort unless it’s straight :/

I think the flag is fine how it is now, especially as you don't see too many other flags with those colors on them. Don't wanna step on any toes by making it too similar to some other ones.

As for the question of why should there be a flag in the first place, I feel like it's important to recognize a core aspect of yourself that you aren't ashamed of and to have a symbol to show that to the world, prejudices be damned. That could very well be my younger "fight the power" sensibilities talking but it's something I believe is important. That doesn't mean I'd wave it around irl but it has it's place online and anonymously.

I think the flag is fine how it is now, especially as you don't see too many other flags with those colors on them. Don't wanna step on any toes by making it too similar to some other ones.

As for the question of why should there be a flag in the first place, I feel like it's important to recognize a core aspect of yourself that you aren't ashamed of and to have a symbol to show that to the world, prejudices be damned. That could very well be my younger "fight the power" sensibilities talking but it's something I believe is important. That doesn't mean I'd wave it around irl but it has it's place online and anonymously.
I absolutely agree with your last statement! Just because I have it doesn’t mean I’m going to fly it in public but I will sure as heck put it up in my gym when I’m working out alone with my other flags.

i could try to design a new one if u wantView attachment 301763
Who says that this would be the zoo flag? The ζ is associated with zoophilia indeed, but what are the colors supposed to stand for? It is reminiscent of the trans flag colors in my view and transgenderism/-sexuality has nothing to do with zoophilia.

As for the thread's question: you can design all the flags that you want. There is no committee to approve of a design. Designs catch on or don't. But what would you need or use a zoo flag for? Zoos aren't a country or a political movement.

I put zoo stickers up around the city. It’s usually on a wall that has a bunch of stickers. Such as bar bathrooms 😂

The "original" flag is the one you can see in the first comment, light blue, white, pink and a black zeta symbol in the middle.
Since these colors are too flashy and similar to other flags, many people have started to use the second version, which uses dark brown, light bluegreen, dark bluegreen colors, which is much friendlier to the eyes. In the middle, due to the dark background colors, there is a in general white zeta sign, or paws, hooves, depending on who represents which animal, and even the four-pointed star instead of the zeta sign is a use alternative.

There is no need to redesign anything, I think the second version is perfectly fine as a redesigned flag. A sane and sober person wouldn't flaunt this in public, but you can hang it on the wall inside your own house.

i dont even like the idea of having a flag for this. the greek lettering makes this look like a college freshmen joke and a parody of lgbtq. :( my attractions to animals and life are NOT a joke and i dont want them to be disrespected like one. dont feel comfortable being considered a kind of gay.
maybe creators had innocent intentions here but i cant own this or recommend anything for it.

i dont even like the word zoo involved with my attractions. makes it sound like disney like we have something to do with zoo animals, or like being behind bars on display. i would redesign everything.
although i dont want to feel like im a part of something i just wanted to hang out with and get into animals ❤️

Last edited:
Back