Do you love your animal partner the same way humans do each other?

Yeah. When I buried my old dogs I cried a lot, it took almost a year before I could be as happy as before. Although I will never forget that pain and will have to go through it many more times again.

When i say i love dogs i dont think of the sexual aspect first but as a companion kind of love (even if they are not my dogs) and sexual thoughts about dogs i meet only come after a while (not necessarily a long while but still). So you could say i look at it as a friends with benefits relationship though of course the second half is only if they want it too

Do you love your companion as a boyfriend/girlfriend or is it only ever sexual? I find myself having emotional attachments to animals I'd like to fucked.

I was emotionally attached in a way any person would be to a pet for a while prior, but it was never the same as with a boyfriend.

I've always had an emotional attachment to my animal companions, I haven't had any romantic feeling towards any of them yet though.
I feel my relationship towards my dog and cat are more paternal, they're my little girls.

i mean i would say yes, i treat my dogs as if they were human beings, spoiling the crap out of them but also being strict with them so they are well behaved it has worked out.

Definitely, no real difference here. I kinda started out in relationships with canines (male and female), preferring them over humans romantically and sexually. Then later in life realized how amazing it would be to also have zoolady and be a pack of 3. Still waiting for that to manifest 😚. But yah, it's all the same to me. It's all love, equality and devotion.

I've loved all the animals in my life deeply. Not in the same way as I've loved human partners. The connection with an animal is somehow simpler, more pure and can be every bit as intense as a human connection.

I've also not had sex or sexual attraction with any of my animals because we simply aren't anatomically compatible. Only had small dogs and cats in my life. So for sure my love of animals is not purely sexual. It's mostly not even but sexual urges and intimate needs are definitely not purely a human thing for me either.

Like with humans, I’ve had experiences with dogs that were entirely emotionally driven and connected and one’s where it was more of a hook up sort of situation. One of my most significant past relationships was with a chocolate lab. We were romantically and sexually involved for four years. I believe I loved him just as deeply as I’ve loved human men. And honestly? I believe he loved me as much too.

I don't know that dogs see romance the same way humans do, but I do think they understand romance on their own terms because they will pair bond to raise pups. I believe my girl sees me as her mate, and I love her deeply as well. I would not consider mating a dog I did not have an emotional attachment to.

I have had sex with a couple of dogs I did not own. (With the owners consent of course) but I love being with an animal that I own. When I own a pet they are more then a pet they are my partners and friends.

I currently do not own a dog. But I own 2 cats (Cant have sex with them of course) but I really care for them and love them.

All animals want is love and protection. Why would a person not love them as they love a human?

When I call my Dog my woofy wife, I mean it very literally, she is my mate, lover, friend, wife. When She died part of you is forever gone with her, it never goes away, the hole just becomes a tad more blunted pain, than the sharpened sword it once was.

When I call my Dog my woofy wife, I mean it very literally, she is my mate, lover, friend, wife. When She died part of you is forever gone with her, it never goes away, the hole just becomes a tad more blunted pain, than the sharpened sword it once was.
i never really called him my husband (the word doesn't really mean anything to me), but i did call him my "the one"... it's almost three years and the hole is still there, can't wait to see what happens when more holes add up.

Back