do u use Proton mail VPN for access?

Protonmail for email regarding sex stuff and nordvpn for browsing, also gives me access to some sites that are restricted by country's.

Not sure where this should be so just thinking here is best.

can I get some guidance on using Proton mail VPN to dial into site? I am not tech savvy. As a matter of fact, I’m kinda tech sappy. I want to surf safe and smart . I’m still trying to put everything together But not really educated for best practices. Any guidance is apprec.

thx
"using Proton mail VPN to dial into the site."
Question: Are you paying for Proton VPN?

"using Proton mail VPN to dial into the site."
Question: Are you paying for Proton VPN?
Above @hst2023 If you got Proton Mail when you joined, that doesn't automatically get you their VPN. They charge for that. If you aren't paying for it, you don't have it. Just thought you should know.

I used Proton mail and next to that I use a VPN + Tor
Latest "best info" I have says that if you're trying to stay hidden, you should use *EITHER* TOR, *OR* a VPN, but *NOT* both together. Apparently, combining them introduces the possibility of an attack (details beyond both my understanding, and skill to verify as either true or false) that can compromise BOTH, leaving you effectively "running barefoot", with greatly-reduced or no protection being provided by either. Be careful out there...

Latest "best info" I have says that if you're trying to stay hidden, you should use *EITHER* TOR, *OR* a VPN, but *NOT* both together. Apparently, combining them introduces the possibility of an attack (details beyond both my understanding, and skill to verify as either true or false) that can compromise BOTH, leaving you effectively "running barefoot", with greatly-reduced or no protection being provided by either. Be careful out there...
What is your source about?
Good to know tho but it's still weird.

What is your source about?
Good to know tho but it's still weird.
Word floating around what's left of the "cypherpunk" and "Mixmaster" communities - Apparently, when using a VPN, something (involving math that's *WAY* beyond my understanding/capabilities, though the way the conversations I've seen went, it sounded at least plausible) happens during the handshake in setting up a TOR connection that can expose both ends of the VPN *AND* the TOR connection to "outside observers". Apparently it gets even easier if the traffic goes through a TOR node under the control of the "adversary", whoever that happens to be, since they can twiddle things in such a way that every connection made to that node will trigger the "something" that I don't understand to happen every time, rather than there just being a chance that it might happen during any random connection.

My understanding is that the folks running "honest" TOR nodes can, assuming they're paying attention, detect it fairly easily, and either knock the "naughty" node out of the TOR network, or route around it, but it's your basic game of "whack-a-mole" - A determined/decently funded adversary can toss up new ones that "look" honest faster than they're likely to be noticed and "blown off the network" by the "honest" ones.

E.T.A. - Had this queued up for hours, just now noticing that I never actually hit send.

Word floating around what's left of the "cypherpunk" and "Mixmaster" communities - Apparently, when using a VPN, something (involving math that's *WAY* beyond my understanding/capabilities, though the way the conversations I've seen went, it sounded at least plausible) happens during the handshake in setting up a TOR connection that can expose both ends of the VPN *AND* the TOR connection to "outside observers". Apparently it gets even easier if the traffic goes through a TOR node under the control of the "adversary", whoever that happens to be, since they can twiddle things in such a way that every connection made to that node will trigger the "something" that I don't understand to happen every time, rather than there just being a chance that it might happen during any random connection.

My understanding is that the folks running "honest" TOR nodes can, assuming they're paying attention, detect it fairly easily, and either knock the "naughty" node out of the TOR network, or route around it, but it's your basic game of "whack-a-mole" - A determined/decently funded adversary can toss up new ones that "look" honest faster than they're likely to be noticed and "blown off the network" by the "honest" ones.

E.T.A. - Had this queued up for hours, just now noticing that I never actually hit send.
Alright, thank you for telling me :)

Proton VPN yes, tor is a good free option, there are a few servers in the proton VPN paid service that has tor connectivity. These are specifically programmed servers using some really complex routing algorithms. Which is the math that UR20Z is talking about, while super complex and from what my boss describes if set up properly can be 99.9% untraceable. Several naval vessels and military bases use a very similar set up for secured communications.

Proton VPN yes, tor is a good free option, there are a few servers in the proton VPN paid service that has tor connectivity. These are specifically programmed servers using some really complex routing algorithms. Which is the math that UR20Z is talking about, while super complex and from what my boss describes if set up properly can be 99.9% untraceable.

I'll hafta take your word for it. Like I said, the math is WAY beyond me. 10-15 years ago, I was current with the then "state of the art", but they left me in the dust when they started talking about elliptic curves, and inversion networks, and mathematicians alone know what else. I'm having more than enough fun trying to auto-didact myself into useful knowledge of the basics of trigonometry for a project I'm working on. Got like 50 research papers on the subject, and every one of 'em involves trigonometry to a greater or lesser degree. I did good in math up through plane geometry, but never sat a trig course, or cracked a trig book. Guess it's time I learn. :)

Several naval vessels and military bases use a very similar set up for secured communications.
I'd expect (or at least hope!) the folks who invented TOR (the Navy) would have a few ideas about how to set it up proper. 😲

I used to use only a VPN app but it requires payments, uninstalled it, so I use only my Browser where I changed my IP address. Private Mode isn't that secure, is it?

Opera does have VPN , so my IP address is hidden and have Ad Blocker etc, but when I log in on ZV it suddenly fails with a blank page saying an unsuspected data error occurred and other things ,so I have to switch between Browser and Opera .

Opera does have VPN , so my IP address is hidden and have Ad Blocker etc, but when I log in on ZV it suddenly fails with a blank page saying an unsuspected data error occurred and other things ,so I have to switch between Browser and Opera .
ya i get that to, i use nord vpn to google the site. Then enable opera at the main page

Just funny ,some of those VPN apps ,they ask a fee . But I know the one that doesn't ask a cent ,have to reinstall it though 😏

I used to use only a VPN app but it requires payments, uninstalled it, so I use only my Browser where I changed my IP address. Private Mode isn't that secure, is it?
It's not even *SLIGHTLY* secure. All it accomplishes (assuming it actually does what's claimed) is keeping stuff from showing up in your browsing history/cookies/etc. It does *ABSOLUTELY NOTHING*, and doesn't even attempt to (because it's a topic that's entirely out of its reach and capabilities) to keep your connection to "Website X" private - or even obfuscated.

That's a job for a VPN or TOR, both of which are INTENDED (though they may not always succeed, for a myriad of reasons ranging from honest mistake in configuration to absolute malice) to keep any observer from determining that you ever requested even a lonely byte of data from "Website X".

Just funny ,some of those VPN apps ,they ask a fee . But I know the one that doesn't ask a cent ,have to reinstall it though 😏
This is a PRIME case of "You get what you pay for". The so-called "free" VPNs should be considered exactly as secure as a phone conversation conducted in public on a speakerphone. Actually, even less secure, as those outfits aren't doing it out of the goodness of their hearts - They're doing it to collect user info they can sell on to someone else. The more detailed the information, the higher the price they can ask.

Opera does have VPN , so my IP address is hidden

Don't bet on that. "having" VPN is NOT the same as USING VPN, and using the wrong VPN (the "free ones" in particular) is AT LEAST as problematic as using no VPN at all, or a VPN that is misconfigured. Personally, I'd trust whatever VPN that Opera uses by default to be about as secure as a stack of gold sitting in the middle of Times Square with a thread strung around it and a sign reading "Please don't steal" hanging from it.

and have Ad Blocker etc, but when I log in on ZV it suddenly fails with a blank page saying an unsuspected data error occurred and other things ,so I have to switch between Browser and Opera .
Ad blockers do NOTHING to secure your connection. That's not their function. Ad blocker does EXACTLY what the name implies: It stops you from seeing ads. That's it, that's all, nothing else. If it happens to prevent a virus eating your machine, that's a by-product of keeping the ad that would have loaded the virus from getting to you. It cannot do anything to make the connection between your machine and "website X" either secure or invisible. That's the job of tools like (a properly configured) VPN, or correct use of TOR.

I figured, that duckduckeyduck thing, and even switching over to any account they offer, nothing, can't log in there to here, probably an USA app for USA only 🤷‍♂️

I can't access anything ,it shows a blank page if clicking on the ZV link ,even if I type in right address , I can wait and wait, doesn't open to ZV,my Browser much better ,will uninstall it as it takes space on my phone. My Huawei doesn't have it on its Gallery app,I installed it from Opera ,and not as an apk but the app itself .

I can't access anything ,it shows a blank page if clicking on the ZV link ,even if I type in right address , I can wait and wait, doesn't open to ZV,my Browser much better ,will uninstall it as it takes space on my phone. My Huawei doesn't have it on its Gallery app,I installed it from Opera ,and not as an apk but the app itself .
I had the same problem I think but I've found the solution of it.

Typing "https://zoovilleforum.net"
Without the ""

Use TOR. If you aren't using Tor right now your IP is already been recorded doing DNS lookups and TCP communication with zooville.

Tor is free, Tor is open source, there is no need to trust a company with Tor.

Tor nodes are often blocked and it's a terrible way to surf the web, but it works here so there is no reason to give proton or nord or anyone else the chance to betray you.
I don’t recommend tor at all due to cops etc hanging around on the exit nodes

Back