Do mental disorders increase your chance of being zoo?

What, if any, mental disorders do you have?

• Total voters
I did not think about it until today there is perhaps a reason why I do like zoo like I do now, I thought it was just a fetish.

I've been dealing with depression - and tons of other things - since childhood.. and in terms of how it effects zoo-interests; in my case it did help me 'not care' about being ashamed of it.

We all hear from non-zoo's that 'bestiality is afwull, sin, disgusting, etc.etc.', and with that constant bombardment, you usually get/have the same disposition.
In my case, after realizing that i did suffer from depression, social anxiety, agorafobia, attachement disorders, fear of abandonment, a sprinkle of OCD etc., i found myself reasoning "Well, i'm already messed up - so what if i'm also a 'weirdo' who's into animals? Just adds to the pile".

I've been dealing with depression - and tons of other things - since childhood.. and in terms of how it effects zoo-interests; in my case it did help me 'not care' about being ashamed of it.

We all hear from non-zoo's that 'bestiality is afwull, sin, disgusting, etc.etc.', and with that constant bombardment, you usually get/have the same disposition.
In my case, after realizing that i did suffer from depression, social anxiety, agorafobia, attachement disorders, fear of abandonment, a sprinkle of OCD etc., i found myself reasoning "Well, i'm already messed up - so what if i'm also a 'weirdo' who's into animals? Just adds to the pile".
I agree... In terms of 'not caring' about being ashamed anymore. I runaway, in my mind, a lot. I withdraw and go quiet. People react to this in various ways. They see this as me not caring or not being interested in them and they then withdraw/walk away from me. It's very painful at times to watch people look at me that way and not able to say anything.. I want to reach out to touch them to ask please don't leave but my fear/confusion stops me. My zoo interests are, as you say Laura, another thing to add to my pile of reasons to be different. But I'm happier and more settled with my zoo now and On the whole this is a place to find peace of mind. Not everyone here is nice but in most instances they are. It's a reflection of real life isn't it. I hope you have a reason to smile today Laura23 🤗

I'm interested in this information.

It's well-studied.
I can try to find a paper for you, if you like; but a few psych theses have already answered this.

For the doctors performing the experiment, the incidence rate of zoophilia was 10.2%.
For the control group of "everyday people", the incidence rate was 16%.
For the test group of "those with mental conditions", the incidence rate was 55%.

I'm autistic, and I have severe depression and anxiety due to PTSD from my childhood.
I was basically tortured by my dad many, MANY times.
He actually shoved my face in our garbage can and made me eat food out of it before he stopped; I was in 2nd grade at the time.

And that's a not so bad bit of history from my past. :\

I'm autistic, and I have severe depression and anxiety due to PTSD from my childhood.
He actually shoved my face in our garbage can and made me eat food out of it before he stopped; I was in 2nd grade at the time.

😟 sorry to hear that. My father was abusive to.

I myself have depression, am on the spectrum in some way, pretty severe anxiety, fear of abandonment and who knows what else. I feel like people have failed me, canines are always better than people so I guess in a way, it just helped me through my issues. Of course, I still have a long way to go but it just seems like having all those issues would make it easier to look to animals for comfort.

So sorry read that, I guess that u have more to tell us about this bad time, I hope u can tell us and discharge u but you must know that being zoo is no the result, because many " straight" normal sexual people are really demential...

To the ones that say you do not have a mental disorder. I don't believe you.

To the one who has schizophrenia thats rough but please stay away from me

to the non zoo's who voted, what are you doing here?

To my fellow depressed people- good to know you , you are the only ones I actually trust.
Go team depression!!!

Completely false. A person who suffers from some type of disorder does not become zoophilic. I do not accept zoophilia as a disorder or fetish nor do I accept it as a form of self-excitement... I see the question as an insult...calling zoophiles deranged... If you had written your opinion or the reason for the question it would be fine... But I do admit that zoophilia is expressed in this community of different styles... mostly as a form of domination. I like stories, it excites me to imagine what I read, and unfortunately stories in which sodomy is the fetish and that the animal is the way of domination makes me feel bad... it's not zoophilia, it's domination and even if they want it to be seen, it doesn't. is.

Maybe there are many of us who don't know the definition of zoophilia... it's not part of my life... and I'm not sexually active... it doesn't excite me or feel like it... I love animals, I could share my life in company ...and my love passion makes me feel zoophilic....I support the change of eliminating the definition of zoophilia as a rapture or as the question zoophilia as a disorder...I lived with a partner and share the sadness and how she died of emptiness What caused the death of his dog. It wasn't just sex, it emptied our lives... my definition for me is that...

I want to make it clear that I respect the question...although my answer is reluctant. I'm happy to ask it...as well as the opinion you may have...however sometimes and unfortunately partners appear with intentions of harm, they look for profiles such perhaps with intentions of distortion, if there weren't people like that maybe this community would provide more content... ???

Hit your head against a wall until it bleeds kind of stimming, ADHD, and I can't help but jump/yell sometimes. My boys don't care about any of that though, just the cuddles.

Back