DIY Sex Toys?

Unless you have something very specific in mind that doesn't already exist, it's going to be cheaper and easier to buy something that already exists.
Making silicone items isn't hard, but the setup costs for one-off production are absurdly high and that presumes you're already familiar with the materials and methods. If you've never made a mold before or never dealt with silicone, you'd need to factor in the failures assoscated with leanring too.

As for suggestions, I have felt they're missing some market with animal-inspired designs. They've experiemented a bit with non-traditional forms (zombie, alien, etc) but have apparently steered away from any other designs that might appeal to this commuity. If someone could create a more long lasting sleeve without violating patent and related issues I think they might be able to maintain a small cottage industry creating compatible sleeves. That the existing shops servicing this community don't appear to have done so suggests to me there's a reason for that apparent oversight.

Edit: Not a lawyer, but I looked and it appears US patent US5807360A was the relevant patent for the fleshlight design and it's expired; presuming no other applicable patents are violated, one should be able to legally produce compatible sleeves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless you have something very specific in mind that doesn't already exist, it's going to be cheaper and easier to buy something that already exists.
Making silicone items isn't hard, but the setup costs for one-off production are absurdly high and that presumes you're already familiar with the materials and methods. If you've never made a mold before or never dealt with silicone, you'd need to factor in the failures assoscated with leanring too.

As for suggestions, I have felt they're missing some market with animal-inspired designs. They've experiemented a bit with non-traditional forms (zombie, alien, etc) but have apparently steered away from any other designs that might appeal to this commuity. If someone could create a more long lasting sleeve without violating patent and related issues I think they might be able to maintain a small cottage industry creating compatible sleeves. That the existing shops servicing this community don't appear to have done so suggests to me there's a reason for that apparent oversight.

Edit: Not a lawyer, but I looked and it appears US patent US5807360A was the relevant patent for the fleshlight design and it's expired; presuming no other applicable patents are violated, one should be able to legally produce compatible sleeves.
Thanks. Alot of help

Back