Deep quotes you heard or made up?

If you throw a rock at a pack of dogs the one that hollers is the one you hit.

Steve Harvey talking about people taking accountability.
I don't think I understand this, isn't the one throwing the stone always the accountable one, no matter whom gets hit.

"The quiet ones are the ones who change the universe. The loud ones only take the credit."

"The quiet ones are the ones who change the universe. The loud ones only take the credit."
I thought it was the quiet ones that BLOW UP the school/earth/universe? :) (Though I guess that could be considered a "change", at least technically)

I don't think I understand this, isn't the one throwing the stone always the accountable one, no matter whom gets hit.
Well in the context of who he was talking to it makes sense.

It was his way of calling out a woman who was generalizing the male gender pretty unfairly.

"You're all in violation of station ordinance 22V3A. That means get the hell out of here."

"We had traveled to a thousand worlds. We brought order. Discipline. We appeared to them as beings of light. They saw us as emissaries of the universe. They saw us as gods. And we, in our pride, began to believe them. We believed that we were superior to the universe that gave us birth. We believed that we could transcend this dimension. That we belonged to another higher plain. And in the end, in terms you can understand, we resolved to storm the gates of heaven itself. We applied all our wisdom. All our knowledge. To opening a door to another dimension. A place we believed was the well of souls. The foundation for all life. We would touch the face of god. And in so doing become gods ourselves."

"We had traveled to a thousand worlds. We brought order. Discipline. We appeared to them as beings of light. They saw us as emissaries of the universe. They saw us as gods. And we, in our pride, began to believe them. We believed that we were superior to the universe that gave us birth. We believed that we could transcend this dimension. That we belonged to another higher plain. And in the end, in terms you can understand, we resolved to storm the gates of heaven itself. We applied all our wisdom. All our knowledge. To opening a door to another dimension. A place we believed was the well of souls. The foundation for all life. We would touch the face of god. And in so doing become gods ourselves."
From ST:TOS, "Who Mourns For Adonis?", isn't it?

I'd have to go dig it up, but from memory, it seems really similar to a speech Adonis gave before he whiffed out to wherever it is gods go when they die from lack of worshippers.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]APOLLO: Fools. I offer them more than they could know. Not just a world, but all that makes it up. Man thinks he's progressed. They're wrong. He's merely forgotten those things which gave life meaning. You'll all be provided for, cared for, happy. There is an order of things in this universe. Your species has denied it. I come to restore it. And for you, because you have the sensitivity to understand, I offer you more than your wildest dreams have ever imagined. You'll become the mother of a new race of gods. You'll inspire the universe. All men will revere you almost as a god yourself. And I shall love you for time without end, worlds without end. You shall complete me, and I you. [/FONT]

"I find it far more annoying when the universe makes you work for your damnation. I prefer it just gave it to me, save me the effort."

If God listened to the prayers of men, all men would quickly have perished, for they are forever praying for evil against one another.

Last edited:
When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear.

"Lying is a skill like any other, and if you want to maintain a level of excellence you have to practice constantly."

'When a clown moves into a palace, he doesn't become a king. The palace becomes a circus.” - Turkish proverb

"Why do hurricanes always hit mobile home parks? Is it some kind of electromagnetic attraction to plastic flamingos?"

"Why do hurricanes always hit mobile home parks? Is it some kind of electromagnetic attraction to plastic flamingos?"
Nah, they are just always in a hurry to wreck stuff and also a bit lazy; it's far easier for them to pick up and throw around mobile homes rather than those that's anchored to the ground with concrete.

"We've been over this. If it doesn't look like a hyena and it talks, then it is probably not a hyena..."

"In taking revenge, a man is but even with his enemy - but in passing over it, he is superior."
-Lord Francis Bacon 1561 - 1626

Back