Combatting Spam accounts and New Forum Rules.

oof. Just got a new account after a year long hiatus and di not expect to come back to this. but its definitely for the best, i lost too many friends on here to stalker harrassment -_-

Hi I'm new, and wonder what thread's we have to post in in order to progress? Am I being thick - the OP didn't mention them...
If you post in any threads that are not in the Fun and Games section, it will count towards your post total. Posting messages on people’s profiles will not count towards your total either.

If you post in any threads that are not in the Fun and Games section, it will count towards your post total. Posting messages on people’s profiles will not count towards your total either.
Ah thank you. I've been writing in the forums for a while since I signed up.

Thanks for clarifying. đź‘Ť

No offense, but I think it should be at least 30 - 50 posts. I can make 10 posts in an hour if I wanted to. If a person takes the effort to make 50 posts then they are probably not a spammer.

Due to the amount of spam accounts, we have restricted the PM function again.

-New accounts will be REQUIRED to make at minimum 10 forum posts in relevant sections (not fun and games) to gain access to the PM function. This is due to ongoing spam and harassment of newly made user accounts. Lurker accounts will NOT be able to PM until they have recieved atleast 10 forum posts.

Edit: This only applies to accounts created after this post. All older accounts are grandfathered in the old ruleset, so report them and we will ban them slowly over time.

-ZT
I've made 10 posts and still can't message.

It's good to know you guys n gals are being proactive in reduce the trolls .. well making it harder.. great job

Clarification request: are they just restricted from initiating PMs or can they still receive and respond. We all know how many lurkers want telegram/etc invites and or 1 time personal posts desperately "message me!"
What an unfortunate time to return lol, forgot my last account .^. Had to recreate mine.

I just made a new account after a long hiatus. It's sad such problems appeared here, but it's nice to see that moderators are not sleeping and are doing something against it. :)

While it's going to make life more difficult for people that are shy, like me, it's more important to reduce harassment, so I don't see a problem with this new rule (and here I go, making sure I'm not a lurker anymore)

Thanks, now I understand what is required for me to PM. May I suggest adding this to the FAQ/Help section as a category, please?

can someone tell me what did these accounts send in pms that you all restrict the access? i personally never met anyone here that would spam my pms so i have no idea whats happening around

can someone tell me what did these accounts send in pms that you all restrict the access? i personally never met anyone here that would spam my pms so i have no idea whats happening around
Try reading....it works wonders. Be happy in your innocence

Due to the amount of spam accounts, we have restricted the PM function again.

-New accounts will be REQUIRED to make at minimum 10 forum posts in relevant sections (not fun and games) to gain access to the PM function. This is due to ongoing spam and harassment of newly made user accounts. Lurker accounts will NOT be able to PM until they have recieved atleast 10 forum posts.

Edit: This only applies to accounts created after this post. All older accounts are grandfathered in the old ruleset, so report them and we will ban them slowly over time.

-ZT
Hey ZT.

I'm up to 13 posts but still can't access the PM's. Am I doing something wrong?

Back