Closet zoo men: Are you afraid to get a dog?

MysteryWag

Tourist
I'm zoo for life, closeted for life, and I'm afraid I'll never have the funds, or courage to get a boy of my own. Besides in private, I have never displayed an affection for dogs. I'm afraid of: Why does he have this huge dog all of a sudden, and why isn't it neutered? I'm positive that people would become suspicious. Also, isn't caring for an adult, male dog a HUGE financial responsibility? I might just "barely" be able to rent a place in the states next year. I just wish I could have a boy of my own instead of fruitlessly searching for playtime on here. I'm really in this for the cuddles, kisses and licking from my very own pup. Oh well. A zoo can dream

i promise you, literally no one ever will "be suspicious" of your theoretical boy being non-mutilated. not for the reasons you might think anyway. 99,9% of the general public doesn't view animals as sexual beings to begin with.

as for financial responsibility, of course it is. you'd be caring for another living being. what doesn't cost money these days? it boils down to how much you really want that to be your life. i highly doubt i'm the only zoo who did major changes in life to be able to properly care for a partner(s).

don't look for "playtimes".

No playtime, (or no fencehop), its unethical. Transform your life and have your own dog. People don't think about sex. Male+male, absolutely not. Answer the questions with simple and silly, "you don't... i dunno...", "you haven't decided yet...", "you don't see the point....", etc.

Do a search online, and you will be able to find well-thought reasons why neutering or spaying (especially at a young age) is detrimental to the dog's health. The exception here would be medical emergencies such as pyometra, but if people start to ask you about neutering, then this could be your response.

About what other people might think: I second what has been said here. It is a humbling experience, but it is very likely that people in generally don't notice you, or think it must be because of zoosex that you haven't neutered your dog. As long as the word "zoo" or the line "I have sex with my dog" isn't flashing in neon on your forehead, you might just as well be another dog breeder.

To accommodate a dog in your life is indeed a big responsibility. First, you need to know if your landlord would allow pets (here they can be quite difficult on the subject), and then indeed figure out how much you would spend per month on food, health, etc., not to mention the time you need to walk the dog, get enough exercise. Here I have been able to turn my life around so I can look after my horse. Granted, she's stabled at a livery yard because I don't have my own land, but if you would have told me a decade ago this would be my situation, I never would have believed it.

I'm not closeted to a few people but I can relate somewhat to the fear. But there is one ex gf I know who absolutely would side eye me having an intact dog. Good thing I avoid her like the plague.

Do a search online, and you will be able to find well-thought reasons why neutering or spaying (especially at a young age) is detrimental to the dog's health. The exception here would be medical emergencies such as pyometra, but if people start to ask you about neutering, then this could be your response.

About what other people might think: I second what has been said here. It is a humbling experience, but it is very likely that people in generally don't notice you, or think it must be because of zoo sex that you haven't neutered your dog. As long as the word "zoo" or the line "I have sex with my dog" isn't flashing in neon on your forehead, you might just as well be another dog breeder.

To accommodate a dog in your life is indeed a big responsibility. First, you need to know if your landlord would allow pets (here they can be quite difficult on the subject), and then indeed figure out how much you would spend per month on food, health, etc., not to mention the time you need to walk the dog, get enough exercise. Here I have been able to turn my life around so I can look after my horse. Granted, she's stabled at a livery yard because I don't have my own land, but if you would have told me a decade ago this would be my situation, I never would have believed it.
Well said. Ive had dogs in the past. Male and female. Non were desexed as I dont believe in cruelty to animals. Ive never been looked at being a ZOO by anyone. I have been told to castrate my boys in the past and I refused and said its inhuman to remove their balls without their consent. Also the future medical implications wouldnt justify removing their testicles. I refuse to do to them what I wouldnt do to myself. Then I insist that who ever mentions desexing to have their own nuts destroyed and I will do it for them to same them some money. They quickly back off and accept ed my boys for being complete with testicles. Most women on the other hand seem to have a fascination for anything that is male to be neutered. I think thats a feminist power play and a way of feminizing men. regardless ZOO or no ZOO. Keep the boys and girls intact. Its humane and and much more desirable. Unfortunately I dont have any dogs at present but am looking at getting another one or 2. Just have to find the right ones for me size wise and in more ways than one (wink wink). I found the up keep of dogs isnt such a drain on the budget when you feed them the same stuff as what I eat (within limits). Its only a bit more food to be cooked at night. No big deal. The rest falls into place. Give them a nice comfy dog bed and they are happy to be your best friend and they will be loyal if they are indoor dogs.

I've only ever had one stranger comment on my boy having his nuts and it was the weirdest thing. We bumped into an older lady on a walk and got talking, out of nowhere she commented on how big his balls were then went on to list every male dog she's had and their ball sizes :ROFLMAO:

The question used to come up with family and friends (and the vets) at first, but I was always explicit about it. I would never have mine cut off so why should he, I'd offer my scissor services to them since there's also an overpopulation of people, but they never took me up and didn't ask again.

As for getting yourself set up, set yourself some targets, pull your finger out and make it happen. After moving out of my parents place it still took me about 3-4 years to get to a comfortable level before getting my boy. Also research the costs, if you know a male of the breed of dog you want usually weighs 40kg, you can easily look up and calculate the cost of food per month. Then there's jabs, flea/tick treatments, insurance...plus have some savings as insurance doesn't cover everything. But never commit to a dog unless your sure you're prepared, be patient and put in the effort to make it happen.

I'm completely closeted myself and I'll never EVER tell a sole outside the zoo community so I feel that but as stated above, don't worry about what others think of you having an unaltered dog.
Iv seriously had multiple people ask why my boy wasn't neutered or why my girl wasn't spayed but the answer is an easy one.
Iv always told people that I don't think it's good for them. Mother nature built them a certain way and why would I presume to go an change that? Generally that shuts them up because it goes along with my general personality anyways so people who know me personally understand it. The others might ask more questions like well what about the stray population and thier behavior or what if they break out of the yard or mark in the house and my answer is normally something to the effect of I'm not a dumb ass and I know how to take care of my dogs. Any "suspicion" would be met with a crinkled nose and a raised eye brow as if to say what the fuck is wrong with you and why would you even think that.

You sound quite young with the whole "im never EVER " everything. Soon, you will experience your life and all the intricacies, adventures, lessons and trials that come with it. You will come out after that realizing how rediculous it all is, how nobody out there knows what the fuck is going on, and how little anyone cares about a life other than their own. You will begin to care less and less about other peoples opinions of you. Then you will look back and think of how rediculous of a thought you had, that anyone would give a shit if your dog had balls, nor what you plan to do with them behind your closed doors. 😅

Live life, become sucessful, focus on forming the best life you could want, what you TRULY want, and work on getting there. Then when the time is right, bring in a wonderful, handsome, powerful mate to share your home with. Knowing full well that you can provide him with the best home a dog can ever ask for.

Everything else becomes miniscule in importance once you reach this goal. Its closer than you think!

I've only ever had one stranger comment on my boy having his nuts and it was the weirdest thing. We bumped into an older lady on a walk and got talking, out of nowhere she commented on how big his balls were then went on to list every male dog she's had and their ball sizes :ROFLMAO:

The question used to come up with family and friends (and the vets) at first, but I was always explicit about it. I would never have mine cut off so why should he, I'd offer my scissor services to them since there's also an overpopulation of people, but they never took me up and didn't ask again.

As for getting yourself set up, set yourself some targets, pull your finger out and make it happen. After moving out of my parents place it still took me about 3-4 years to get to a comfortable level before getting my boy. Also research the costs, if you know a male of the breed of dog you want usually weighs 40kg, you can easily look up and calculate the cost of food per month. Then there's jabs, flea/tick treatments, insurance...plus have some savings as insurance doesn't cover everything. But never commit to a dog unless your sure you're prepared, be patient and put in the effort to make it happen.
You’re from the UK, it’s different lol.

You’re from the UK, it’s different lol.
Lol I don't think it's that different...or maybe it is. We don't have laws requiring it but supposedly around 85% of dogs here have been neutered/spayed. Shelters always require it and vets push it hard since they can charge a fair amount to carry it out.
It's not really a topic that comes up much though, people might ask why they're not done but it's usually dropped pretty quickly.

There's no reason for someone to get suspicious over a dog that's not altered. You may get questioned by the vet to have them fixed, though something like not interested, or you understand the risks but watch after him/her. You don't have to get a large dog either, something medium or small. Something that can fit within your lifestyle of course. I wouldn't get a high maintenance dog if you're gone for work all the time for example.
Try not to rush into getting committed, and plan everything out. Once you have everything in order, then you can work on adding a dog to your life. Don't be in the position of do you pay this, or that this week?

You sound quite young with the whole "im never EVER " everything. Soon, you will experience your life and all the intricacies, adventures, lessons and trials that come with it. You will come out after that realizing how rediculous it all is, how nobody out there knows what the fuck is going on, and how little anyone cares about a life other than their own. You will begin to care less and less about other peoples opinions of you. Then you will look back and think of how rediculous of a thought you had, that anyone would give a shit if your dog had balls, nor what you plan to do with them behind your closed doors. 😅

Live life, become sucessful, focus on forming the best life you could want, what you TRULY want, and work on getting there. Then when the time is right, bring in a wonderful, handsome, powerful mate to share your home with. Knowing full well that you can provide him with the best home a dog can ever ask for.

Everything else becomes miniscule in importance once you reach this goal. Its closer than you think!
🤨 did you read my post? Like at all.
You didn't reply to anyone but I assume you are replying to me.

Thats kinda weird to assume I was replying to you, out of nowhere.
To be fair, anyone reading the first sentence of your post will assume you are responding to rocky because of the quote you used: "never EVER"
rocky is the only other person to use those words, and your post immediately follows his.

As we read the rest of your post it becomes clear that what you are saying has nothing to do with rocky's post, which is why he was confused.

Back