Chopsticks are the superior utensil, try to change my mind!

AngryGoose

Citizen of Zooville
BANNED USER
They're so useful and you can use em for pretty much anything and you can use them to make cool things like tweezers and mini crossbows... You can even eat soup with them if you're determined enough

They're so useful and you can use em for pretty much anything and you can use them to make cool things like tweezers and mini crossbows... You can even eat soup with them if you're determined enough

Look, I've got 10 thumbs. Forks it is! 🤣

You're right it just wasn't in my brain. Also cooking bacon so my attention is divided 🤣
Nah that's fair, honestly I think knowing the stabby but of a fork is called a tine feels like useless information to me.... I don't know why my brain decided to hold on to that but if info

Nah that's fair, honestly I think knowing the stabby but of a fork is called a tine feels like useless information to me.... I don't know why my brain decided to hold on to that but if info
I know the feels... My brain still remembers all of my grandparents license plate numbers. They are both long since passed and it wasn't useful even prior 🤣

*plays drums at the kitchen table* I miss my chopsticks. Had a beautiful rosewood pair but my family “accidentally” broke them in the drawer. Can’t wait to get a new set :)

I find that the spork to be the superior utensil. 1 - Its a fork and 2 - its a spoon. You can use it for cereal or for mac and cheese (or insert fork-required food here).
Chop sticks do have their ups. They teach you better motor-skills with your hands. They allow you to eat faster. Like others have stated above - Drumsticks! Thats where the usefulness ceases for me though and the drumstick thing isn't really a functional thing rather a gimmick.

I found only one use for chopsticks while enjoying Chinese takeout….using them helps me eat more slowly, and in taking smaller bites. Other than that, I’ll stick with western utensils.

Shoveling food into one's mouth with two sticks? No. Humans have evolved much farther than that.
I prefer the civility of eating with a fork or spoon.

Shoveling food into one's mouth with two sticks? No. Humans have evolved much farther than that.
I prefer the civility of eating with a fork or spoon.
In counter to your point, a spoon more closely resembles a shovel than a pair of chopsticks do. Who's "shoveling" now? ;p

Chopsticks are fine, but I would not caal them superior. Spoons and forks are easier to use,you can give them anyone, and they can use them without prior training. Gave my brother my chopsticks once, and was unable to eat anything with them.

Also, spoons and forks work better for handicapped people.

Back