Choosing a dog? Any advice?

Hey everyone I'm adopting on Tuesday and was still undecided on which furry guy to choose.

The first is a 2 year old Dalmation
The second is a 2 year old terrier pit bull mix
The third is a 5 year old husky siberian/ golden retriever mix
And the fourth is a 6 year old mixed husky

I'm new to this and wasnt sure if a 5-6 year old dog would be as sexual y active as I would like them to be? I'm kind of leaning more towards the terrier pit bull.

Anyone have any experience with these dogs?

i really hope sex is not the main thing you're adopting for...
and to be a little on topic, 5-6 doesn't sound that old. my late boy was 10 when i got him and he was probably more horny than i am. he wouldn't mount as his hips were not "up to task" anymore tho. lots of 69s and letting me straddle him when he was in mood were his things...

i really hope sex is not the main thing you're adopting for...
and to be a little on topic, 5-6 doesn't sound that old. my late boy was 10 when i got him and he was probably more horny than i am. he wouldn't mount as his hips were not "up to task" anymore tho. lots of 69s and letting me straddle him when he was in mood were his things...
Lol no sex is not the main thing my dog died a few years ago and it broke me but I think I'm finally ready to have another cute little companion.

And true I just wasn't sure when sexual maturity is and what not

Honestly, and I think this is the definitive answer if I may be so bold, that choosing based on breed and age alone is no way to choose, choose based on how you get along with each of them, the way you interact with each one will let you know which one is right which one you'll truly click with.

Also if you forsee a sexual relationship then make sure they arent neutered before sealing the deal.

Honestly, and I think this is the definitive answer if I may be so bold, that choosing based on breed and age alone is no way to choose, choose based on how you get along with each of them, the way you interact with each one will let you know which one is right which one you'll truly click with.

Also if you forsee a sexual relationship then make sure they arent neutered before sealing the deal.
I thought neutered dogs could still get it up?

Hey everyone I'm adopting on Tuesday and was still undecided on which furry guy to choose.

I'm new to this and wasnt sure if a 5-6 year old dog would be as sexual y active as I would like them to be? I'm kind of leaning more towards the terrier pit bull.

Go with the husky retriever mix. Just make sure that the dog is not neutered.

He's from a shelter though:( he's probably neutered. I thought they could still have sex if they're neutered? I'm sorry I'm uneducated about this
Ask around your town, your job, and your place of religious gathering. Ask if anyone knows anyone having puppies that are Labrador, Retriever, or Shepherd mix. You may be able to get a dog for free or $50. Ask around for a breeder it will be pure-bred but it will cost you a lot more: $200-$500. As soon as you get the puppy, get it vaccinated, and tested for worms. Most people on here recommend waiting a year before engaging the dog sexually. Good luck.

If you didn't already and and if it's possible, I would recommend to meet up with the boys and get to know them. Go for a walk, play for a while, spend some cuddling time and you'll probably notice with whom it "clicks". Also, please do some research into their respective breed's needs as a general overview and ask their current caretakers about the boy's specific needs.
As for the age, some may be more easy-going, but some don't know the concept of age as our senior lab mix can tell. But 5 and 6 years isn't even that old.

Last edited:

Hi
So he should not be Neutered the balls should remain:oops:
if I were like you I would have bet on a Pitbull or Rottweiler boy.

Look into the general personality and care requirements of each breed. A husky is going to generally be much more prone to escaping a yard and otherwise attempting to "explore" than most other breeds, for example. There's also other considerations, like finding housing in some areas if you have a pit bull or other breed deemed "dangerous." Some cities outright ban them, many home insurance companies refuse to insure homes where they reside, and there is a stigma against them. There are many many things to consider when choosing a dog, first and foremost is that it fits your lifestyle.

Look into the general personality and care requirements of each breed. A husky is going to generally be much more prone to escaping a yard and otherwise attempting to "explore" than most other breeds, for example. There's also other considerations, like finding housing in some areas if you have a pit bull or other breed deemed "dangerous." Some cities outright ban them, many home insurance companies refuse to insure homes where they reside, and there is a stigma against them. There are many many things to consider when choosing a dog, first and foremost is that it fits your lifestyle.

Very good advice

Back