Car accident...

It's been over a week, I can barely go to work over it, nightmares every other night. She was bleeding in my arms as I rushed to an ER, and she didn't make it through the night. So full of life and energy and now the house feels... empty. I have to keep going for my other dog, an innocent shepherd, but she seems confused and keeps looking for her sister. Not sure if either of us will fully recover from this. That my days trying anything (and failing anyway) romantic are over feels poor to think of when I'd do almost anything to just have her back as a friend...

I don't really post here often, things rarely worked out when I did. But I'm struggling right now.

It's been over a week, I can barely go to work over it, nightmares every other night. She was bleeding in my arms as I rushed to an ER, and she didn't make it through the night. So full of life and energy and now the house feels... empty. I have to keep going for my other dog, an innocent shepherd, but she seems confused and keeps looking for her sister. Not sure if either of us will fully recover from this. That my days trying anything (and failing anyway) romantic are over feels poor to think of when I'd do almost anything to just have her back as a friend...

I don't really post here often, things rarely worked out when I did. But I'm struggling right now.
It's never easy, especially in such an unexpected situation. It never really does get easier, but yet it does, if that makes sense?

I am so sorry for your loss

Losses are always so difficult, especially the first few months, then the memories shine through, and in those memories comes blissful reminiscing, which in its own way is therapeutic.

If you need to talk, I’m sure anyone here will be happy to lend an ear. Mental health is extremely important and we always want to help one another.

I am so sorry to hear this. Your pain will go down, but it will take time, perhaps a long time. I hope you will still feel the love you shared, and feel a part of her still living that way inside you.

I know many of us will shed tears over this as I am doing now - perhaps in sharing the pain we ease your burden a little. I hope so. And as others have said don't hesitate to reach out in whatever way you wish - lots of us do want to help and support you in whatever way we can.

May she rest in peace.

Cars are dangerous, basicly weapons almost anyone is allowed to handle. To bad people only realize it when it's to late.

Sorry for your loss, I hope it will get better. Wounds heal, even the mental ones, but it takes time, and sometimes leaves a scar.

It'll probably be long time before I dare to do anything again of an intimate nature. The flash backs of the blood and her whines are leaving me sick most days so far. And the house feeling empty is no exaggeration... she was part husky, and everywhere. Just gotta survive I guess.

Thanks for all the support. Probably my first all positive experince on the forum. I may try to talk a bit more here later, need distractions right now. Might adopt another rescue like my current shepherd. She really needs a friend, and I don't feel comfortable raising a puppy. Plus, those dogs need good homes too. Nightmares won't stop, but I doubt they will for a long time.

Nothing gets better. You just get used to it... More numb everyday. You find someone else and finally you keep her memory strong how she was with you.

I feel very sorry to hear that and I believe she was happy and she had a good life with you so that's the most important and there's nothing you could do to stop this so don't worry everything gets better with time since we get used to it but some of that pain will stay and it's just a proof of how much your dear friend meant to you. Take care~

Thread decluttered. 7 Posts have been deleted. This is an animal partner obituary, not the dumpster fire. Sometimes you have to take things at face value. ER in this context most likely refers to an animal "Emergency Room." But the OP doesn't need to go over every single excruciating detail of the matter.

@SilverServal I'm sorry for your loss, I'm sure she meant the world to you. May she rest in peace. You'll have to stay strong for your other girl. She also needs you in this time of need.

Back