Bodil Animal Farm Documentary ?

K9k77

Zooville Settler
I apologize if this isn't the correct area.
Has anyone seen the documentary on Bodil? After watching it, I'm not sure I will ever watch her videos again. All I see now is a sad and traumatized woman. It's an incredibly sad and tragic story.

she wasnt under any duress to fuck animals, she loved animals, she couldnt get past her childhood an public perception...i get the feeling she was making love to her dogs.

Poor guys they were so scared and horrified. I wonder whether the psychologists hired for documentaries like this have any knowledge of zoophilia at all.

What I do not like about documentaries like this is that it tends to show zoophilia either as mental illness or the result of some sort of traumatic abuse during childhood. While I feel sorry for her and I wish no people would have to go through such events. This is not helping zoophiles, it is not designed to change the public opinion, it just reinforces already established often wrong public perception of zoophilia.

I think they did point out she truly loved and cared about the animals. Which I'm sure she did. The tragic part I am pointing out is how she ended up. It can't be denied she had a horrible childhood and a tragic end. For me, when I looked in to her eyes in some of the photos and videos, I saw an emptiness and sadness. I think she was treated as royalty during her peak, when she was making money for people and the interest in her "extreme" acts were at the peak, but, like they said in the documentary, she was basically discarded when society moved on. Then she went from being a celebrity to a "criminal" in the eyes of society. People took advantage of her then abandoned her when they could have helped her with her farm. She had no human friends. Even the one "friend" they interviewed admitted he was just treating her like a prostitute. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive.

I think they did point out she truly loved and cared about the animals. Which I'm sure she did. The tragic part I am pointing out is how she ended up. It can't be denied she had a horrible childhood and a tragic end. For me, when I looked in to her eyes in some of the photos and videos, I saw an emptiness and sadness. I think she was treated as royalty during her peak, when she was making money for people and the interest in her "extreme" acts were at the peak, but, like they said in the documentary, she was basically discarded when society moved on. Then she went from being a celebrity to a "criminal" in the eyes of society. People took advantage of her then abandoned her when they could have helped her with her farm. She had no human friends. Even the one "friend" they interviewed admitted he was just treating her like a prostitute. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive.
no your not.. your very perseptive and exactly right..
she was damaged goods, not because of her love for animals but as a human being... poor girl, i really feel bad for her.

no your not.. your very perseptive and exactly right..
she was damaged goods, not because of her love for animals but as a human being... poor girl, i really feel bad for her.

One more thing I thought of:
Her spiral in to alcoholism, drug addiction, depression, etc, was surely her trying to cope with the guilt she must have felt from every one of her animals being euthanized. I couldn't imagine the guilt and heartbreak she felt from that. It would be difficult for anyone, even those that grew up with a picture perfect life, to cope with.

Back