Belgian Malinois: have you ever been with one?

I have a female mal and she is absolutely perfect in every way in my eyes.
HOWEVER a Malinois is nowhere near close to the ideal dog for just any person sexual or not. They are nick named "mali-gators" for a reason. This breed of dog takes loads of time, will power and dedication to train. Imagine for a moment if a German Shepherd and an alligator had off spring and you then addicted that off spring to cocaine, C4 pre-workout and gave it a loaded gun. That's basically a Belgium Malinois in a nut shell. I would highly HIGHLY advise against getting a mal unless you are educated on the breed and have experience dealing with either mals or similar breeds.

My husband has a friend who raises and rescues these. I've never been around them. But had secretly wondered what it be like to be with one. That's good information to know.

I have a female mal and she is absolutely perfect in every way in my eyes.
HOWEVER a Malinois is nowhere near close to the ideal dog for just any person sexual or not. They are nick named "mali-gators" for a reason. This breed of dog takes loads of time, will power and dedication to train. Imagine for a moment if a German Shepherd and an alligator had off spring and you then addicted that off spring to cocaine, C4 pre-workout and gave it a loaded gun. That's basically a Belgium Malinois in a nut shell. I would highly HIGHLY advise against getting a mal unless you are educated on the breed and have experience dealing with either mals or similar breeds.
That is a great description. My experience has generally been limited to German Shepard’s and mutts. All dogs need attention and patience and time. If you can provide those three things and a home and some love and companionship you’ll be doing just fine

Have had an experience a couple of times with an amazing one a friend had, sadly she passed. One of the best lovers/cuddlers
As some one who has took a few bites from some serious working ones, they're all around amazing. I can't say anything bad, except do your research and have time for them, or get lucky and have one who has an impressive off switch indoors.

Back