Ashamed as a Zoophilist guy.

Sometimes I feel very ashamed for being a a Zoophilist guy, is it normal?
It is unusual for someone that suffers from this to be able to talk about it openly. Way too many zoos just never start to address this.

The way that you start to address this is to simply find some fellow zoos, in the zooey community, that you can actually feel a sense of respect for and liking toward, and focus on them. The zooey community is diverse. We even have some assholes: believe me, you will meet them. There are also good people you just never see eye-to-eye with enough to really like. If you focus on those that you can see eye-to-eye with, though, and understand, then I am certain that you will find that this is good for you.

It works because you will find that, if you can respect other people, even two other people in the entire world, that are zooey, then you can respect anyone that is zooey, even you. This is the value of community.

No shame here. Not ever. I might feel ashamed if I used animals for sexual gratification with no concern for their well being, but that's not who I am. I know most non-zoos would want me to feel ashamed and broken, but I don't. Totally cool with it, and comfortable keeping it as my personal, happy little secret offline.
I don't see anything wrong with it at all, and ignore those who say otherwise. Unless your zoophilia is more about dominance or knocking it out with animals whether they like it or not, I would say there is nothing wrong with you, either. But I do recommend staying private about it except in zoo-friendly places.

You should not be ashamed for being sexually attracted to animals. This is what I said in another thread:

Zoo50 said:
I do not feel any shame or guilt about being sexually attracted to animals, because I know it is not morally wrong for a person (human) to have sex with a non-human animal. Humans are animals, and interspecies sex happens in the wild.

Also, I think that killing animals (for example, slaughter or hunting) is far worse than sex with animals (yet killing animals is legal). The current legal setup of society infuriates me.

The reason people think sex with animals is wrong is because of speciesism -- speciesism is the idea that humans are "superior" to non-humans (morally). Speciesism is a prejudice that should not be followed.

When someone has sex with an animal (such as a dog), they are not doing anything wrong (morally).

The main thing that bothers me are the laws banning sex with animals -- they get worse every year, and no one does anything to stop them. Sex with animals is viewed as "abuse", and it shouldn't be.

In terms of your self-doubt -- if you are sexually attracted to animals, there is nothing wrong with that -- you should be proud of that aspect of yourself and embrace it.

That quote is from the following thread:

I had some doubts, until I found this site that, by the way, is really laid out great! Even this low-tech guy can navigate it easily. That said, SZ is right re the value of community. We haven't met anyone as yet, but I can tell from the "tone" of the comments this is a good group. My gf and I hope we can get more involved once we get settled in. I just the few times me or both of us enjoyed pleasuring pony or dog say that anything feels this good can't be bad.

I think it's pretty common for some of us to have feelings of shame, we're often embedded in cultures which tell us that what we feel is wrong and shameful; that pressure tends to keep us isolated, For those of us who have experienced growing up without the internet, it is easy to feel that you are a lone freak, I know I dealt with that.

I think it's pretty common for some of us to have feelings of shame, we're often embedded in cultures which tell us that what we feel is wrong and shameful; that pressure tends to keep us isolated, For those of us who have experienced growing up without the internet, it is easy to feel that you are a lone freak, I know I dealt with that.
That’s me too a T! I struggle even still with the guilt.

IHO pretty much said it for me. I treat my partners well and they come back looking for more. No restraints and no treats for bait, just me.

Reactions: IHO
Nobody who thinks "being different from what is considered "normal" would be bad" wants to be different (except special snowflakes).

Ashamed? I was there too. I felt similar. In the beginning.

But in the end, I kinda accepted me for who I am. If I don't do it, who will?

It's helpful to get to know many different people from different walks of life. You will quickly realize, that nobody is truely "normal", everyone is different, just in different regards. And you as a zoophile are just one of many people who are different.

In the "real" world, most would definitely consider me to be "normal". So "normal" in fact, I'm quite boring.
so yeah, I have a perfect cover. And I would feel a little guilt now an then, but that was before I started actually being involved with dogs. Once I saw first hand that they were into it too, the guilt subsided and I started feeling like everyone else was missing out.

So who knows, the most "normal" person you know might just be hiding something too ;)

We all need to stop feeling ashamed of whom we are. Those sitting in judgment have their own proclivities to be concerned about and shouldn't cast stones upon others. Live your life as you see fit. I guarantee they wouldn't change for you so don't change to fit their absurd standards.

Back