Anyone else?

No. Mossburg 500. Just a cheap training tool with wood stock. I like 870s more though
Mossy is just as functional, but I gotta agree with you: Given the choice between the two, my personal bias forces me to reach for the 870. Can't help it. It's like my leg jumping when the doc taps it with his little rubber hammer. :)

OK, first up outta my "arsenal" is the obligatory AR-15. Picked this one up on the 20th, just as the rush to the gun shops was starting to really get some legs. Thankfully, I'd started the purchase back on the 3rd - My "10 business days" waiting period as specified by foolish state law spanned three weekends. And for the record, no, this WAS NOT a "panic buy" driven by the bug currently running roughshod over every other topic everywhere you look. It'd been carefully considered for a good long time as a political statement, and I'd been putting away money for it for months prior to pulling the trigger on the actual buy on the 3rd. Lucked into literally stumbling over a case of 1000 rounds of Prvi Partizan .223 55gr FMJBTs while I was at the shop to make the pickup, and snatched it for right about 42 cents a round when prices online were already heading upward from 63-64 cents a round once the shipping and taxes were totalled in - when you could still find somebody with a box to sell. That 42 cents a round I gave was my "out the door" price, and since I've never heard anything but good about PPU ammo, I figure I "got away with robbery" :) Del-Ton_Echo_316_Optic_Ready-SNBlurred.jpg I'd also ordered 200 rounds of American Eagle (AKA Federal) XM193 with LC headstamps, along with 3 of the PMAG 30s you see in the shot, and was awaiting arrival of the nothing fancy "hundred-bucks-on-Amazon" illuminated mil-dot scope that had 1200+ good reviews, and only 18 negatives. The USGI-style can came with the gun, and the PMAG 40 was a deliberately contemplated "piss off Pelosi and her ilk even more" purchase. :) Got that and the other three 30s same time as I did the paperwork on the gun. Yes, the brand and SN area is blurry. Y'think I'm gonna leave something like that in plain sight on the intertubez??? I was aiming for just the SN, but the brush size on the blur tool was larger than I realized, so I got the brand along with it, and was too lazy to fix it. It's a Del-Ton 316 "Optic-Ready" chambered for 5.56 NATO with 16.5 inch 1:8 twist barrel and full-length MLOK rail handguard. I'm trying to decide if I want to put a plain old vertical front grip on it, or get one of those "push a button and it turns into a bipod" grips instead.

Believe it or don't, I gave *VERY* serious consideration to getting one with "Hello Kitty" furniture, specifically to maximize the ideological dissonance factor. :)

Edit to add: You'd understand if you saw me face to face :)

OK, first up outta my "arsenal" is the obligatory AR-15.

Nice rifle. There really is no need to spend money on expensive ammo unless you are shooting serious competition. I've never had any issues with cheap steel case Wolf and Tula.

It's better to spend money on an expensive scope and cheap ammo, instead of a cheap scope and expensive ammo.

For around $150 you could get a Primary Arms 2.5x acss prism scope. It's a fantastic scope for under 200m shooting.

No clue, 1945 model .303 is all I know, it ain't Russian so I never bother to learn how to ID them.

I have it in my lap ATM if you can tell me how to tell.

There should be markings on the butt socket(big round metal thing the stock slides into), it will tell you year of manufacture and where it was made.

Ya, I've heard of folks putting $2K of optics on a $750 gun, but for me, this buy was more about thumbing my nose at the likes of Pelosi and Biden than "serious shooting". I'm gonna become proficient with it - Have no doubts on that score! I won't own a gun I can't handle competently - But it's more about being able to say "Fuck you, I've got one of those scary black guns you hate so much, and you just gotta choke on that chunk of reality" at the gun-grabbers.

E2A: And right now, *ANY* ammunition (that fits) in hand is better than no ammunition 'cause everybody's showing "Out of stock - wanna give us your email so we can tell you when we get some back in?"!

Last edited:
Ya, I've heard of folks putting $2K of optics on a $750 gun, but for me, this buy was more about thumbing my nose at the likes of Pelosi and Biden than "serious shooting". I'm gonna become proficient with it - Have no doubts on that score! I won't own a gun I can't handle competently - But it's more about being able to say "Fuck you, I've got one of those scary black guns you hate so much, and you just gotta choke on that chunk of reality" at the gun-grabbers.

Nice, I got an AR for the same reason. After I started shooting it I realized just how nice 5.56 is when compared to full powered military rifle cartridges. Now it's my favorite rifle to shoot.

There is no need to spend $2k on an optic. However what you bought might really hold you back and what accuracy your rifle is capable of. My buddy bought a similar optic from Amazon and we could not zero it, the recoil would constantly change the point of impact. Hopefully, you have better luck with your scope.

BSA Shirly

Nice.

It has had all marking ground away at one point, only the year remains, Only the bolt has any numbers stamped on it still, hate when they do this.

M147C

Last edited:
Nice, I got an AR for the same reason. After I started shooting it I realized just how nice 5.56 is when compared to full powered military rifle cartridges. Now it's my favorite rifle to shoot.

There is no need to spend $2k on an optic. However what you bought might really hold you back and what accuracy your rifle is capable of. My buddy bought a similar optic from Amazon and we could not zero it, the recoil would constantly change the point of impact. Hopefully, you have better luck with your scope.

Yah, the night I did the paperwork, I borrowed one from the attached range and had to complain when I brought it back - Too damned much fun :)

Accuracy made me think of the old Remington 700 in .30-06 I used to have, without the "mule kick". Bastard that stole it got one helluva nice gun, even if it did kick hard.

Because the lockdown came into effect right after I picked it up, I haven't had a chance to hit the range and put a round through this one yet :(

I've got the scope bore-zeroed at a measured 25 yards, as suggested by pre-take-custody youtube and various AR-related forum advice gathering, I've been stripping and reassembling it, I got over being nervous about pulling the BCG apart and putting it back together back about Tuesday, and I've been rubbing off dust specks and oiling the places that are supposed to be important to keep oiled, and so on. Now I just gotta get to the range and see how it runs when I "put some actual gas in the tank and turn the key for real".

i like the fact you use brass instead of steel cases. Steel is punishing on chambers after a while.
I like old glass, but the new stuff makes dreams come true.
Copper washed steel I am afraid, the SVT has a fluted chamber and splits case necks with soft brass :(

Good high quality brass is OK, however reloading is a once a case deal if that, thank you AVT-40 for sharing your full auto chamber :confused:

Last edited:
Back