Anyone else currently without any animal partners?

I have several companions, four dogs and a cat, but no partners for almost 10 years. This will be the year though, I'm fencing in the pasture and I'm finally going to have my own mare if it's the last thing I do.

I have several companions, four dogs and a cat, but no partners for almost 10 years. This will be the year though, I'm fencing in the pasture and I'm finally going to have my own mare if it's the last thing I do.
>fence pasture
>get mare
>sex it for first time
>get kicked and die

Well, it was the last thing you did. A good last thing though

I've been all the time without an animal partner I own... But that is mostly due to me being allergic to their fur 🤧

I'm glad you really loved your dog. I find it validating that some here do understand the joy of loving your lover as the whole.

It’s been just about 5 years since my lover passed away. I miss him every day. It’s hard to have someone with you for over 15 years and then they are just gone. He was a beautiful black lab named Titan. He was so well mannered and adventurous. We would go on long hikes up into the mountains and play in the creek chasing the minnows. We’d lay in the grass and enjoy the warm sun drying us off. We’d kiss and cuddle in nature listening to the breeze shake the trees. We’d make love in the woods over logs and in the leaves. We’d eat together. Bathe together. Sleep and hold each other through the night. I woke up many mornings with him by my side. Towards the end he grew slow and tired. Our long walks turned to quick trips to the tree line and back. Our love making turned to quick flashes of passion. He had trouble mounting and humping, but I was still glad to service him whenever he wanted.

One day he started coughing really badly and having trouble getting up and laying down. We took him to the vet and they told us he had congestive heart failure. He had maybe 6 months or a year left. We took him home and pampered him as much as possible. Did everything we could for him. After a few months he couldn’t stand up any more without us helping him up. We took him back to the vet and we were told it was his time to go. We just wanted one more week with him. You know. Just a little more time.

He was the first pet anyone in my family ever had. He was a gift from my dad to my mom after she had the miscarriage that would have given me a little brother. He meant so much to all of us for different reasons. My dad took the week off from work. I took the whole week off as well so we could all just be around for him. We’d all lay on the floor in the living room snuggled up with him. We’d lay out in the grass with him to soak in the sun and fresh air. We all fell asleep on the floor on some blankets together as a family. As a pack. Until finally it was his time and we returned to the vet. We were there with him in the end. It was a quiet ride home. We buried him up by the creek. A large stone over him. To mark the place where my lover rests.
Not to make everything about Rome, but when my dog passed, there was a Roman epitaph that I really connected with. The Romans regularly had pet dogs and we have a lot of beautiful tombstones for them, but my favorite is: "I am in tears while carrying you to your last resting place as much as I rejoiced when bringing you home with my own hands 15 years ago." Maybe you can relate? Requiescat in pace.

It’s been just about 5 years since my lover passed away. I miss him every day. It’s hard to have someone with you for over 15 years and then they are just gone. He was a beautiful black lab named Titan. He was so well mannered and adventurous. We would go on long hikes up into the mountains and play in the creek chasing the minnows. We’d lay in the grass and enjoy the warm sun drying us off. We’d kiss and cuddle in nature listening to the breeze shake the trees. We’d make love in the woods over logs and in the leaves. We’d eat together. Bathe together. Sleep and hold each other through the night. I woke up many mornings with him by my side. Towards the end he grew slow and tired. Our long walks turned to quick trips to the tree line and back. Our love making turned to quick flashes of passion. He had trouble mounting and humping, but I was still glad to service him whenever he wanted.

One day he started coughing really badly and having trouble getting up and laying down. We took him to the vet and they told us he had congestive heart failure. He had maybe 6 months or a year left. We took him home and pampered him as much as possible. Did everything we could for him. After a few months he couldn’t stand up any more without us helping him up. We took him back to the vet and we were told it was his time to go. We just wanted one more week with him. You know. Just a little more time.

He was the first pet anyone in my family ever had. He was a gift from my dad to my mom after she had the miscarriage that would have given me a little brother. He meant so much to all of us for different reasons. My dad took the week off from work. I took the whole week off as well so we could all just be around for him. We’d all lay on the floor in the living room snuggled up with him. We’d lay out in the grass with him to soak in the sun and fresh air. We all fell asleep on the floor on some blankets together as a family. As a pack. Until finally it was his time and we returned to the vet. We were there with him in the end. It was a quiet ride home. We buried him up by the creek. A large stone over him. To mark the place where my lover rests.
That must have been so rough, you all gave him the best life possible so I hope you keep that at the front of your mind.

That must have been so rough, you all gave him the best life possible so I hope you keep that at the front of your mind.
Thank you. It was tough. I have definitely had plenty of time to heal from it and not be so hurt at just the thought of him not being here anymore. He had a great life where he had so much freedom to roam and play out in the woods with me and we spoiled the crap out of him.

I have a dog right now but she's more of my best friend and family to me now, in the past I tried to spark something with her but she was clearly not interested and left it there. I I'm thinking of finding a new partner once I move to a new place of my own as I've been wanting a romantic animal partner for a very long time now

Back