Animals and homosexuality

Jëëco

Lurker
Something had just occurred to me today, can animals be gay?

Lets first take note that an animal's brain, namely a dog is too small to actually comprehend complex concepts like sexuality and sexual preference, outside of seeing a hole and breeding it, and noticing a penis and then presenting.

Continuing on from that topic, if you have anal sex with your male dog (them being the receiver) they may show signs of pleasure e.g. Climaxing, however that's the result of the penis touching their prostate which does induce great pleasure in men, and therefore not out of actually enjoying gay sex.

Does anyone else agree? Please share your thoughts and opinions please?

I think it depends closely on a couple things we really can’t answer (none of us are dogs, for example, so we can only guess). I’d say it depends on: (1) actual sexual preference and (2) if sex is just being done for pleasure, as you mentioned above. We’ll never be able to figure out the first thing, but as far as the second goes, we should at least think of it from the animal’s perspective. In the case of a male dog having sex with me, I’d have a hard time saying he’s actually gay even though I’d like that idea. He’s just doing what feels good to him (though we could speculate :p). We as humans have a stigma with how males interact with other males, so for a guy to even try hooking up with another guy he gets labeled as gay...but he might just enjoy how it felt for once. Being gay is more often associated with actually having loving feelings for another man and wanting a relationship with him in most cases.

So in short, I think I agree, but I wish I could ask my previous canine sexual partners what they think;)

Currently, The Book "Biological Exuberance" By Bruce Bagemihl

is the most comprehensive coverage of this topic

Attachments

• 9780312253776.jpg
    9780312253776.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 9
The truth is that most male animals will stick their dicks into anything, BUT it is more unusual BUT POSSIBLE for a male animal to spread out his legs and say, "HARDER, OR I MIGHT DIE!"

I did indeed masturbate to this.

Basically, I think the whole reason why most straight men don't literally deal with queers in their lives by using us as cum-dumps, on those days when they get bored with having to have a moderated political debate just to get laid, is that they still think that it is somehow catching, rather than being something they are either born with or not. More for me.

Basically, it's only gay if you spread out your legs, throw your head back, and say "PLEASE LORD YES!!!" at least in the animal world, and that CAN happen. I think it happens in some species more than others.

Something had just occurred to me today, can animals be gay?

Yes. The easy example are humans. But you were probably wondering about non-human animals. So let’s take sheep as an example. About 8 % of rams are gay, preferring male partners even when willing females are available. Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/25/science/25sheep.html

Lets first take note that an animal's brain, namely a dog is too small to actually comprehend complex concepts like sexuality and sexual preference, outside of seeing a hole and breeding it, and noticing a penis and then presenting.

I think you may both underestimate the capacity of dogs to understand the world and overestimate how much sexuality is an intellectual endeavor.

About 8 % of rams are gay
There is actually a documentary somewhere on youtube where a researcher said that studying the brains of a gay ram and a normal ram showed visible differences in how the neurons are connected. So I guess every animal may be born gay as a form of deviation from the norm. The norm obviously is to ensure the survival of the species by having offspring. Completely homosexual animals therefore do not get to pass their genes to the next generation and I think in case of some species may have a shorter lifespan due to other males not really understanding them.

I think the cause may be similar in some cases of zoophiles. Particularly those who genuinely prefer to have a relationship (and sex) with animals over people. We are broken on cellular level. :husky_laughing:And that is not a problem and at the same time does not have to be called "normal" as some would like in the case of homosexuality.

Until I see evidence of the contrary, I do not believe there are any homosexual exclusive animals. I think any male that would fuck another male would also fuck females. Something that's often overlooked is the fact most animals have no way of masturbating, so they're super horny and need another animal or person to relieve themselves. They'll take anything they can get. They don't care about male, female or species. They fuck for relief, pleasure and dominance. Imagine if you couldnt masturbate. Game changer.

In humans, I think the only way to be gay is to be homosexual exclusive and homoromantic. Otherwise you can be pretty straight and fuck other guys by being masculine, dom, and heteroromantic. You might just enjoy sexually dominating other males occasionally. For straight pleasure. Which would technically make you bisexual. But theres many different traits that go into making someone straight or gay.

Until I see evidence of the contrary
I can not find the documentary anymore, it has been a few years. It was a documentary on homosexuality in animals. The narator was quite bad, he wanted to find evidence for homosexuality that would prove it is "normal" so bad that it was cringe worthy. :D
But if I remember correctly, the ram researcher said that the gay ram would go after same sex partners despite having females around.

I can not find the documentary anymore, it has been a few years. It was a documentary on homosexuality in animals. The narator was quite bad, he wanted to find evidence for homosexuality that would prove it is "normal" so bad that it was cringe worthy. :D
But if I remember correctly, the ram researcher said that the gay ram would go after same sex partners despite having females around.

Well its definitely not normal definitionally. If you look at the rate of occurrence, it is definitely not the norm anywhere. Very far from it. But it is natural in that it occurs in nature.

We conceptually cannot understand this. It is not possible to know this, it is not possible to extrapolate. All these attempts will be knowingly false. In the philosophy of science, this is called the qualia problem.

Reactions: pes
Back