Am i old?

I google something someone says on here almost every time I get on. Like "Thread Necro", but hey I learned something!

l don't think it has to do with getting old , just many uses this idk , hud etc stuff because they probably watch too many TikTok crap 🤷 but I don't respond to anyone sending me those abbreviations in a message .

I am starting to realize that I do not under any circumstances understand new phrases or abbreviations now adays
Does anyone feel the same?

If this thread is started already I apologize I search it and nothing came up
Fuck all this leetspeak shit. I am going to continue to use my big boy words like I was taught to. I don’t care how many whippersnappers call me old in the process.

I am starting to realize that I do not under any circumstances understand new phrases or abbreviations now adays
Does anyone feel the same?

If this thread is started already I apologize I search it and nothing came up
Well as I don't know how old u are u could not say. But I have also seen phrases that I can't comprehend and have to look up.. I'm in my 30ts. I have noticed that a lot of the younger one only coming out to troll older members anyways. I always stick to the older members more experienced and less hassle. In my experience anyways.

Ever be in the middle of making a spot on, hilarious pop culture reference in a conversation. Look up to see a vacant look in their eyes and realize that you're referring to something from before they were born!!

i, for one, am definitely too old for some phrases. had to google what the fuck "rizz" is the other day.
don't even get me started on the times where ppl were just "a dude" a "a dudette". not "i'm a spiritual plural system"
technically not an abbreviation. and very much not a new phrase, wow came out in 2004

I'm not even that old and I still don't get this 👆
If somebody ‘has rizz’ it basically means that they ‘have game’ - ie are good at flirting and are attractive.
If you ‘rizz someone up’ it means to ‘chat them up’. It’s younger gen Z slang im gen z myself but nobody my age uses it lol

Oh...
Flex = bragging
Cheugy = someone that tries too hard
bussin = good, cool, lit, awesome

and I don't know what "bougie" is.

Honestly, what I would do if I was your age is stick to the words you grew up with, and try and see if you can bring them back if people don't say them anymore.
‘Bougie’ is actually a smart one for slang lol it’s derived from ‘bourgeoisie’ so if something is ‘bougie’ it means ‘classy’.
For what it’s worth it isn’t new it’s been around many years I was saying it like a decade ago

Oh...
Flex = bragging
Cheugy = someone that tries too hard
bussin = good, cool, lit, awesome

and I don't know what "bougie" is.

Honestly, what I would do if I was your age is stick to the words you grew up with, and try and see if you can bring them back if people don't say them anymore.
well thanks for the help anyways. I'm not to verse in lingo talk anyways I like to talk properly at least to the best of my knowledge. Anyways I'm not the best at grammar like someone told me I don't use full stop properly or any punctuation that's why I struggle in communicating unless is verbal communication. Writing not my strong point.

Ahem. Woke.

... How does that explain ANYTHING?

Context is everything. A short phrase, when dealing with context, can defuse anxiety. example: "You have nothing to fear but your own weakness and inability."

35 now. I got some phrases I can toss out. But you know what's the best thing to say at times?

Nothing. When dealing with a bully I would not even touch them. Or talk. I'd just... stare. It can really unsettle them.

It's about sending a message.

Back