Adopting a Male Intact Dog

Fascinating to know! That is actually very reassuring to hear. After I go through school I fully intend on improving my life with a canine in my life and hearing that there is hope for my dreams is well wonderful. I must say it is so weird to talk so openly.

Theres only one other websight I belong to were I'm open about it and nobody there can wrap there minds about it. Most see it as a moral grey area wich is a start. But this is just so freeing. I am so beyond this websight exists. It's just wow. Just this feels good. I'm sorry I just idk needed to ramble haha

Here’re a quick example I found on Craigslist in about 2 minutes.

Attachments

• BB0DD9C8-CA6B-432C-9B41-04E0C02E2EDE.png
    BB0DD9C8-CA6B-432C-9B41-04E0C02E2EDE.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 81
Ramble on my friend, get it out. I’m suffer from pretty bad social anxiety and have always had a hard time making friends and talking about personal things. I don’t have any friends irl who know about me being zoo and really don’t have any online either. But this site is a godsend for us. It really is. It’s so freeing to be able to talk to likeminded people without the fear of rejection. Feel free to message me anytime!
Yea absoloutly I will keep that in mind! And likewise. It is almost my bed time however, this websight truly is a beautiful thing! And the name is very fitting at least I beilive so. Wow that puppy is precious! I cant beilive it! Freaking craigslist the might in shining armor haha. Freaking heck. That is 2 funny

It’s hard to find any info on this, but for people who have or have had an intact male dog, how did you get it? Seems like no matter how you try to adopt, you get them after they’ve been neutered.
In my state I used ksl to Get a pup from Idaho and one in my state.. Then I breed them.

Bad thing is once you adopt an adult do you adopt all his bad habits and most likely lack of training.

Basicaly you are trying to teach a teenager or middle aged... Vs starting with a clean slate and molding your pup to your life style.

Thats why I will always get a puppy vs an adult.

And puppy mills... Terrible business to be giving into.
So your saying don't buy from them?
I get why you say that.. However thats gonna give them fuckers more puppies and they already can't take care of the ones they have most likely.

So with that mentality you are dooming puppies to a sad life.

Double edge sword I know..

Just wish I could afford to buy and house all the puppies from mills.

That's not how it works it's supply and demand. You buying from puppy mills just creates more demand and keeps them in businesses.

If no one bought from puppy mills then there would be no demand, therby no money and they would stop existing.

It is sad yes that those puppies are mistreated and you could buy them and give them a better life but buying them will only ensure more in the future will be breed and mistreated.

Including the Bitch that will be forced to pop out litter after litter. To replace puppies that you bought and others bought.

Best thing to do is report puppy mills, get them shut down and hope those dogs can be adopted out.
So I breed my boxers and sell them!

You want to report me. Lol.

I get cha.. Yea if they can't take care of them they need to be shut down yes.

I managed to get my intact male German Shepherd from Craigslist. It was the standard they bought the puppy from a breeder, he got too big so they gave him away. The guy they gave him to ended up in jail so the puppy went to his ex wife. She had about 4 female huskys who didn’t like males. So she put him up on Craigslist for $75. I thought I was the luckiest person in the world. Come to find out, although I love my boy to death, he’s the only intact male dog in the world that isn’t interested in sex at all. I can barely get him to react at all when I jerk him. He doesn’t mount, he doesn’t hump, nothing. Just my fuckin luck. Sex aside, hes still my best friend. Loyal and friendly, but protective. Definitely check Craigslist, try to join groups on Facebook. There are things popping up all the time. Hell, try going to the city and picking up a stray. It’s a gamble but you never know. I’ve seen a couple intact males roaming the city and if I had own place, I’d probably have 10 dogs by now.

Several of my extended family are hunters (not for sport). Anyway, I know that they buy deer scent ( also known as Doe scent) to use as a lure to hunt. I have heard from another source that deer Estrous (scent of a doe in heat) can also trigger the male response in a dog. You can buy it in any hunting store an even in some Walmarts and on Amazon. Luckily, I've never needed it myself but I'd be interested to know what your results are. Good Luck!
deer-scents-guide-deer-scents ; https://www.amazon.com/Wildlife-Research-225-4-Whitetail-Attractor/dp/B0000BXKL7

Microchipped? Aren't breeder dogs the only dogs microchipped because of their cost?

Also if labradors are #6 in popularity, I wonder what numbers #1-5 are. I see the lab as the most common dog, apart from strays
We have free microchipping days at dog clubs in Australia. If your dog is in the data base and ever goes walkabout or is stolen it make it easier for any one who finds them to get them back home again. Vets often have chip readers and all local councils definitely do.

I've gotten many of my dogs from Fostering (temp home to keep the shelters from overflowing) or Craigslist. Also local Facebook pet pages...

The only problem I've had is, since they are usually young adults to fully grown. I often get temperament issues and bad training that I am then forced to try and correct. Not always fun.

Back