A Husky's Strange Behavior

Many years ago, I had the pleasure of being introduced to a new member of the family: a beautiful female husky. When my relatives got her, they adopted her from a shelter and they didn't know her exact age. I'm pretty sure she was 2 or 3. She was also spayed. Unfortunately, she's no longer with us: age and a few medical conditions caught up with her. But she did something... odd...

Ever since first meeting her, she would approach me, sniff my ear, and then begin licking it sort of aggressively while humping the air. She never pressed up against me and humped. It was always in the air. And this was consistent. It happened multiple times whenever I was at that relative's house. Later in her life, it calmed down, only happening once or twice during a visit. Not only did she do this, and not only did no one know what it meant... she only did it with me.

To this day, I have no idea what that meant. Was it an affectionate gesture? Was it a proposition? Has anyone else had a similar experience, and can anyone shed some light on what this might've meant? I would post pictures of her, but I don't think I have any.

Some k9s do it for fun or play. If she really went to town then you know its real. I had a pit who did this.

We didn't know her history prior to her adoption, but whatever it consisted of, her life post-adoption was full of happiness and love.

We didn't know her history prior to her adoption, but whatever it consisted of, her life post-adoption was full of happiness and love.
Hey as long as shes happy in the rainbow bridge waiting with the other fur friends im sure who loved each moment.

Back