A cat's affection

Porcelaine

Tourist
Hey friends! I've been thinking about getting a cat buddy to live with me finally. Whenever I talk about cats, though, my friends are 100% dog people and they insist cats don't show much affection!

What are some times you folks' cats and dogs showed you affection and melted your heart? Bonus points if you've lived with both cats and dogs :)

The most amazing nonsexual loving relationship I have had before my dog was with a cat.
And yes we had cats and dogs at the same time.
Cats can be pretty amazing for a loving relationship. Sex though is very limited. Since they are small animals and even males do not have much of a penis to play with.

If you just want a non sexual relationshio then I suggest looking into adult shelter cats, that way you can choose the most cuddly one! Each cat may or may not enjoy pets as much as another one, some will prefer to stay by your side without you touching them for example.

Some cats could easily be the love of your live ~
My cat sadly didn’t like living in a flat so I had to bring her back to my parents… she just needed to hunt birds and have her time outside ^^
Was kinda sad to wake up without her next to me, they can be super cuddly but Everyone knows cats are also very characteristic animals xD

So I’d totally recommend it!😊
Especially the option with getting a shelter cat- they can be so generous and show you so much love for giving them a home ☺️

I absolutely love cats. Honestly don't understand how anyone could insist they are not affectionate. Whenever took a walk in the forest, at least one of our cats would join me. One time when I had already been walking for a few minutes, I heard a strange noise behind me and when I stopped and turned around to look, I saw one of the cats running after me meowing loudly, as if he was yelling at me to wait for him.
Then also the many times I fell asleep with a cat sleeping on my chest, the cats insisting to crawl under my bedsheets and cuddle up to me to sleep, refusing to get off my lap or my arms when holding them, etc. I have many more fond memories of experiences with cats.

Also, I agree with what others have said already and really suggest looking into adopting a cat from a shelter🐱

What?! How absurd! Cats are in some cases way more affectionate and loving than any dog I was ever around also cats tend to be quite a bit smarter than dogs in many instances. Don't listen to your "friends" they are being100% biased. A kitty will make your life a truly awesome experience. Plus cats are much easier to keep in a smaller space. As one person here also mentioned some cats will go anywhere you go when you are taking a walk and some will even swim rivers to be with you. When he was a child my father's family had a cat that would do this . Cats are awesome all the ones my parents ever had can't be wrong.

Cats can be really in tune with our emotions. I was having a really emotional day years ago and started panicking, my little one came over and sat on my chest staring me in the eyes until i calmed down. then once I was in better straights, promptly licked my hand and fell asleep on me. They are special animals (like all animals).
Mine don't give a damn about how I feel sadly x) But he always greet me by meowing and purring even if he was asleep!

Cats are some of the most affectionate animals I've ever encountered. They just have to trust you, first. People that haven't owned cats just don't realize this, because many cats won't be affectionate with strangers, so when their friend's cat treats them indifferently, they just figure cats are dicks, and don't think about it any further.

I have both.
It's my own opinion of course but I think Everyone gives love in their own way.
The dog is more needy, the cat more independent. Just as you can more easily keep a cat on you and cuddle its soft fur to fall asleep with purring noise, which is more complicated with a dog that certainly can sleep next to you, but will necessarily take up more space.
It's hard to say which love is stronger, I guess it also depends on your personality. If for you love is physical contact from time to time without close, tight and passionate hugs, then the cat will suit you, even if it is true that there are dogs who do not like tight hugs either.
And of course, sexe with dogs is possible. It seems hard to imagine with a cat. Well, perhaps pussy / cock licking is possible? Never tryed, I'm more dog then cat.

Last edited:
Hey friends! I've been thinking about getting a cat buddy to live with me finally. Whenever I talk about cats, though, my friends are 100% dog people and they insist cats don't show much affection!

What are some times you folks' cats and dogs showed you affection and melted your heart? Bonus points if you've lived with both cats and dogs :)
They do if they like you.

To me there is no love as great as a cat's love. I lost my soul cat in June and I will tell you that the bond me and my princess Mittens had was stronger than any human bond I've ever had, my husband included. We were platonic soul mates I stg. I would have given up the world for her. I would 100% do it again grief and all. She slept every night on a pillow next to me purring with her head on my wrist. She knew when I was sad, comforted me when I was sick. I have two other cats who are more aloof but who were street rescues and I love them all the same. They show love in other ways. I just recently adopted two kittens and one of them does the same thing Mittens did and they love their new buddies. So I'm biased but I say do it. When a cat connects with you you'll know. They pick their owners as a lot of people say.

Cats are more like people in some ways. They have a huge range of personalities just like us. Some are very cuddly some just want to sit next to you and others will just follow you around. People tend to put both extremes in the spot light without really acknowledging the spectrum of cat personalities that exist. Some are lovey and some just want to burn everything.

I love pickles (cat in my pfp) so much - I had adopted her from a shelter, she was really skinny and they told me she was returned several times due to her behavior. She won't hiss at you, claw at you or bite you. I will never understand why her old owners returned her because she is an AMAZING cat, she such a cuddly furball-

I’ve had cats and dogs since I was a little kid. Each animal shows affection in their own way but I find that most cats like to be around you, nap with you or on you, try to groom you and play with you to show affection.

My current kitty meows loudly to get my attention and let’s me know when she wants to be petted or snuggled… or fed haha

My tuxedo, Ravenpaw, used to wait by the door all night once I left for work. Now he's gotten more comfortable with me being gone, but whenever I come home he drops whatever he's doing and rushes up to me. He gets solid petting for a good half-hour afterwards :)

10th post!🎊

I've had one cat of my own but two others who picked me as their human (luck?). All three have been very good to me and clearly are affectionate towards me.

I've never had dogs so I don't have the counter experience with a non-sexual relationship (my family has dogs but I've never been close and/or attracted to them).

Cats, just like dogs, are something special. When you get one who loves you and wants to be around you, it is a great feeling. It makes me miss my own cat Zorro who passed away this year at 9mo. (He caught wet FIP and that's 99% fatal 😔) He gave me so much joy and security in the six months I had him and I miss him terribly.

I know he would've given me many years more if he could have. When he got sick, as soon as he saw me, he did this very low or silent meow that showed me he knew I was the one who could help him. I made sure to give him so much love before he was gone so he knew he mattered.

Sob story over but it proves a point. If you develop a bond with a dog or a cat, or another animal, it's sacred.

My cat is a feral cat that followed me home. She’s a sweet heart. She has a bit of an allergy to fleas and it’s difficult to keep them off her where I live. She is overly affectionate. Sometimes it can be smothering.

My cat is a feral cat that followed me home. She’s a sweet heart. She has a bit of an allergy to fleas and it’s difficult to keep them off her where I live. She is overly affectionate. Sometimes it can be smothering.
It is awesome when they do this. I had a beautiful female calico show up at the house I lived in at college that bonded with me. She too was extremely friendly, well mannered and affectionate.

It is awesome when they do this. I had a beautiful female calico show up at the house I lived in at college that bonded with me. She too was extremely friendly, well mannered and affectionate.
Cats are great

I have 2 cats right now and they are super affectionate. I've had dogs in the past and nothing wrong with either. I love my cats and wouldn't mind getting more if my wife didn't keep me in check lol

I love cats very much! I remember when our cat gave birth to three kittens and we gave them away to friends. I felt like I was throwing them out on the street

I have always preferred cats but am getting used to the idea of having dogs.

I've had five cats in a year and a half!

I would consider fostering, but ain't no way I can give up a cute kitty I grew a bond with! Nooope

Cats are cautious. Perhaps that's why some pople think they're not affectionate. They CAN live with humans without love. But they really do like love. When they trust, they are little pieces of love.
Our family had cats and dogs when I was growing up. The cats would only interact with us in the garage. They were lovey in that one place, and scaredy every where else. That was just them.
But when I got my own house and my own cats, ... wow. When they're sleeping on the bed and I want to get up, they dislike it, as per usual. Some get scared and run to the other side of the house. But when they get used to it, and they know it isn't an attack on them, they are chill about it. They come back to snuggle as soon as I'm done turning over or getting water or whatever.
Basically, dogs need affection, being pack animals. Cats appreciate affection and reciprocate. It's easier to understand dogs, and if you make a mistake and make them unhappy it's easy to see on their faces. Not so for cats, so if they run off and hide, we don't always know why.
Also, cat personality is varied, and some just are not affectionate. I've found those to be the rarity.

My Alan was 3 days old when I met him. He is now my forever boy, and he melts my heart daily. Just do it, trust me.

I am definitely a cat person. They are amazing creatures honestly; I think too many people think they are disposable, not as worthy as dogs, etc. They're terribly abused often, even random street cats get hurt by evil people.

There's nothing like the love of a cat in my opinion; having a kitty purring next to you while you fall asleep is such a good feeling. They are so cute and silly too. They have a lot of personality if you let them open up in their own time.

all cats are so unique and have wildly different personalities, but my two cats are the MOST affectionate animals I’ve ever had. They greet me at the door, talk to me, and beg for attention constantly. Whenever I sit or lay down, one of them immediately comes to cuddle. They love rough pets and scratches just like the dogs. One of them even loves my dog. They cuddle and clean each others ears all the time.

As of rn I have to cats and they are therapeutic animals and they are just like dogs they can pick up on certain emotions and they will always be my babies. I do want to at some point get a huskies and a pit or lab

Back