Zooville Feedback and bug reporting thread.

Somewhere around here, probably dated back in 2019 or 2020 (early in the history of the joint) there's a post that explains it in detail. Short form: Love = +1
Like = +1
Everything else = +0

If a post or thread that you got likes or loves on/in "goes away" for whatever reason (shitcanned by a mod, deleted by the creator, whatever) whatever likes/loves you got from it vanish along with. I *SUSPECT* what you're seeing is a "book-keeping bug" due to threads that got thwacked and didn't get handled properly, but I'd need to see the code to be certain.

Not knowing this after as long as you've been around here, you must be some kinda mushroom growing under a rock... :)
Yeah could probably be an issue when threads get deleted. But who knows lol

Yeah well I was on here back in 2019 too, but left and then rejoined :s

I don't know this because I'm a doofus :3

Somewhere around here, probably dated back in 2019 or 2020 (early in the history of the joint) there's a post that explains it in detail. Short form: Love = +1
Like = +1
Everything else = +0
Eh... I'm actually thinking it was more like in 2021 when you made that post. I think it's still in this section, but has since gotten buried.

Also, not quite, when it comes to the +1 of the points...

(y):love:🤣 all add a point to your reaction score.

😲:(:mad: all do not add a point to your reaction score.

Eh... I'm actually thinking it was more like in 2021 when you made that post. I think it's still in this section, but has since gotten buried.

Also, not quite, when it comes to the +1 of the points...

(y):love:🤣 all add a point to your reaction score.

😲:(:mad: all do not add a point to your reaction score.
I thought my posting of it happened before you got your mod badge. And I further thought we'd figured out that the haha didn't do anything? <sigh> Getting old (and perhaps a bit senile?) blows dead goats...

I think it is worth mentioning:

IF you are using an "unnaproved" mail account (maning you are not using Proton) and you start not receiving notification mails.

-> After one month without the site being able to reach your mail, your ZV account will get shitcanned. <-

(Also for accounts set up before the mail server limitation rule)

The top bar shows the issue, and the link to change mail.

IMG_20230717_184754.jpg

* One feels soooo banned and wondering why * 🤦😅

This had me stumped, i didn't know about this new rule, have created a protonmail account and changed email to that, and the conf email came through ok. hope other people don't get stuck , it was only as i found this thread i was able to work out what the issue was

For around an hour, I was unable to access the forum through both Zooville.org and Zoovilleforum.net. When I just tried accessing directly through Zoovilleforum.net, it tried to download a file that was 0.06kb, titled "Download". Did anyone else have that issue?Screenshot_20230819_123035_Chrome.jpg

Actually if I type the non SSL page it shows a .bin file.
Screenshot_2023-08-19-21-16-59-936_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg
There are notes about it on linus sever as something missconfigured in the server and trying to load parts of it or... whatever.
For techies:

Actually if I type the non SSL page it shows a .bin file.
View attachment 456977
There are notes about it on linus sever as something missconfigured in the server and trying to load parts of it or... whatever.
For techies:
Now I see it. My other test on mobile was the firefox browser. I'll bring this up to the admins.

hi!

i'm getting this message while trying to join a group.

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Your user group is unable to send PCs to anyone.
Please notify the site admin of this message.
(Maximum conversation recipients = 0

i have already 11 posts, i would apreciate as you clarify me if is needed to past some time for joining or i should do anything else, as the dm i receive when i create the account said nothing, just 10 post and not in games

thanks!

i have already 11 posts, i would apreciate as you clarify me if is needed to past some time for joining or i should do anything else, as the dm i receive when i create the account said nothing, just 10 post and not in games
This is in the rules, and the line is red.

View attachment 419047

According to the site I've received 8,000 reactions. However only reactions from the " Like", "Love", or "Haha" count towards my reaction score. I'm curious as to why the others don't count as well. I can understand angry and sad not counting. But why does "Wow" not count toward the reaction score?

5,901 + 2,028 + 14 = 7,943

View attachment 419048

You earned a lot of reactions on things others made. And you think you did not earn enough? What would your reaction score look like if you had only earned by postings with content you actually made yourself?

I was wondering the same thing. Browsing to "Zooville.net" resulted in a automatic download of a 57kb file. It was weird.
I was getting a "bad gateway" or a "504 gateway timeout"

Being the start of the month one may think DDOSers just got tha pay and funded an attack

Hope I'm on the right page.
My post in stories, women and animals was deleted because :, women and animals,no animals mentioned:. The story was titled Supply Teacher, and I'd only posted the opening chapter.
If you read any of my other stories you'll see that I set the scene in some detail before beast action.
I'm disappointed as I put a lot of effort into this tale,for nought it seems.

Hope I'm on the right page.
My post in stories, women and animals was deleted because :, women and animals,no animals mentioned:. The story was titled Supply Teacher, and I'd only posted the opening chapter.
If you read any of my other stories you'll see that I set the scene in some detail before beast action.
I'm disappointed as I put a lot of effort into this tale,for nought it seems.
Restored. Maybe make it more obvious next time so people do not report your stories for being wrongly placed.

Banning E-Mail providers, only listing three prominent ones and adding „a few others“ in the statement doesn’t really help in finding out why the heck the confirmation E-Mail wasn’t sent back. Next time add a Link to a list of all banned providers in the headline when asking for confirmation. I have sent several requests but got no help until I realized that „a few others“ meant also my provider.
Nonetheless, I have switched to Proton, whatever shady business is being done with them.

TLDR: if your confirmation E-Mail won’t be sent to you, maybe your provider has been banned.

Banning E-Mail providers, only listing three prominent ones and adding „a few others“ in the statement doesn’t really help in finding out why the heck the confirmation E-Mail wasn’t sent back. Next time add a Link to a list of all banned providers in the headline when asking for confirmation. I have sent several requests but got no help until I realized that „a few others“ meant also my provider.
Nonetheless, I have switched to Proton, whatever shady business is being done with them.

TLDR: if your confirmation E-Mail won’t be sent to you, maybe your provider has been banned.
Yes, Proton.me is good alternative and the one I had to take to connect to Zoovilleforum is the one above, before I had to create a Microsoft/ Outlook/ Hotmail address and none worked to register here, Proton have as many services as Google, but they are unknown to the public most.

That's been gone for years. Pretty sure it was cause the animal rescue in florida, zooville, threw a fit.
weird - maybe I had something tucked in a bookmark, but it's worked for me up until today (and I regualry wipe this browser)

Back