Zooville Feedback and bug reporting thread.

@ZTHorse I had the PM option, and now I don’t see PM anymore. My account was created in 2019. Maybe it’s a bug?

Hope you can help! Thank you

You need 10 counted postings. As such not in the "Fun & Games" category, but the regular areas of the forum.

That might have been a change of the recent years, as such in 2019 not yet established. But as it is in effect nowadays, that's what you need to do.

After you reach 10 postings, you might want to wait a while until the change is in effect (Just checked it, might be that you don't get a notice / alert, but it changes in the background after a while). After that PMs are open again.

@ZTHorse I had the PM option, and now I don’t see PM anymore. My account was created in 2019. Maybe it’s a bug?

Hope you can help! Thank you
Nope, not a bug. Your PM ability has been restricted due to not having 10 counted posts on the forum. Basically any account created after July 21st, 2021 got this restriction, however we are slowly getting to the older accounts with less than 10 counted posts and manually removing the access until you reach 10 posts. When the updated ruleset was put in place, prior accounts got grandfathered in. If you manage to make 10 posts (excluding fun and games, profile posts, and group posts) on the forum, you'll get your ability to PM back.

Nope, not a bug. Your PM ability has been restricted due to not having 10 counted posts on the forum. Basically any account created after July 21st, 2021 got this restriction, however we are slowly getting to the older accounts with less than 10 counted posts and manually removing the access until you reach 10 posts. When the updated ruleset was put in place, prior accounts got grandfathered in. If you manage to make 10 posts (excluding fun and games, profile posts, and group posts) on the forum, you'll get your ability to PM back.
Keep that explanation handy.
This question will come more than once as there are a good number of faithful old lurkers register a long ago who rely on their "tourist" options being active if they need them.
👍

I done 10 posts with just interacting with others and have a good convo, still can’t see PM. Unless I’m impatient!

weird - maybe I had something tucked in a bookmark, but it's worked for me up until today (and I regualry wipe this browser)
I was just coming to post this. I'm lazy so I usually get to here by typing in Zooville.org because it's a full 5 characters shorter than zoovilleforum.net.

I usually get an unexpected data error occurring when on ZV, and how many times I uninstalled my browser, clear the history browser, I understand that, it happens, after a while it works again, I yesterday downloaded Opera, VPN, Ad Blockers included, and on Private mode, it was working fine then today it showed same error?

I had issues logging in to ZV, it said Bad Gateway 502, whatever it means
502 mean that the server has some problems.
ZV has many times been temporarily unreachable because of DDOS attacks. That is a hacker let many computers accessing ZV at the same time. It doesn‘t harm any data, but makes the server unreachable for a while.

I had issues logging in to ZV, it said Bad Gateway 502, whatever it means
502 mean that the server has some problems.
ZV has many times been temporarily unreachable because of DDOS attacks. That is a hacker let many computers accessing ZV at the same time. It doesn‘t harm any data, but makes the server unreachable for a while.
Actually this one wasn't a DDOS for once, as far as we know. Our database decided it wanted to go zip-zop-bippity-su3he7dh3bwjshrbejbshej 😵 and had to be manually be reset. It kept throwing itself into an infinite request timeout loop, which quickly overwhelmed the server. It appears to be fixed for now.

What is this new function that you have to get confirmation from an Admin to create a new account? My friend tried creating an account and he waited a few hours and then got a message saying his account was rejected?

I think the Tor Hidden service is broken. The site is accessible using the onion link (http://ebkkee32u5fvrx5aybrkk7pewa6wgal5zc2qlxcdfmdlc5mfyzsx36yd.onion/), but it seems some redirections within the service make calls to domain zooville.org (which results in a broken site).

How to reproduce:

Access this site using the Tor Browser bundle and the Onion URL above. Log in using a valid account. Try using the forum normally (say, hitting on the notification bell to check your notifications and click any of them to move into a forum thread for which you have a notification). Watch the forum crash and burn.

I don't use Tor or any other, I use my phone's Browser to log in, although still having issues with server, don't think it's my Browser but just being patience and wait few hours, yes, it can be frustrating 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I think the Tor Hidden service is broken. The site is accessible using the onion link (http://ebkkee32u5fvrx5aybrkk7pewa6wgal5zc2qlxcdfmdlc5mfyzsx36yd.onion/), but it seems some redirections within the service make calls to domain zooville.org (which results in a broken site).

How to reproduce:

Access this site using the Tor Browser bundle and the Onion URL above. Log in using a valid account. Try using the forum normally (say, hitting on the notification bell to check your notifications and click any of them to move into a forum thread for which you have a notification). Watch the forum crash and burn.
That's been abandoned forever.

Couldn't even get access yesterday the whole day and night through to log in to ZooVille, just a blank white paper.

Back