why, when i tell people I’m zoo exclusive, do they automatically down play it

They automatically make me feel like that’s not possible, almost as if some magical human will come along and change my mind, but the likelyhood of that is slim to none. I’m not humble when it comes to how attractive i am, and dating never was hard for me, i just never had that connection i do with animals, mostly dogs (ESPECIALLY smart breeds). i feel like this is the biphobia of the zoo community

yeah, i guess i really just want to find friends who also wanna play and switch partners, but not play with eachother, and thats hard to find, like really hard
nah its not hart, it only take time to build trust - be active here and nice to others - get a fitting userpic and become friends with others

and always keep urself safe with not telling private informations

They automatically make me feel like that’s not possible, almost as if some magical human will come along and change my mind, but the likelyhood of that is slim to none. I’m not humble when it comes to how attractive i am, and dating never was hard for me, i just never had that connection i do with animals, mostly dogs (ESPECIALLY smart breeds). i feel like this is the biphobia of the zoo community
Be yourself and enjoy yourself. What others think dont let it concern you❤️

Do what makes u happy love. Be tru to yourself.

"When I tell people I'm zoo exclusive..."
Who are you telling? People on here, or people elsewhere in your life?

These people are usually not aware of the main meaning of the word zoo-exclusive. The zoo-exclusive does not want human companion, it did not develop in it, they brain was programmed differently during sexual imprinting. Even in their youth, these people did not form a human relationship, or if only because of social/family pressure, but only for a short time.
They have a happy and fulfilling life only with their animal companion. There are people here on ZV who are 50-60 years old, but there are also people who are 70 and have never had a human relationship and are "human virgins".
This does not mean that they are socially disabled, because that they still have friends and live their lives. Of course, "living alone" itself is a changed social behavior.

The secondary meaning of zoo-exclusive is used a lot when a person basically wants a human companion, but because of the many problems or negative qualities, chooses animals in the end. They have a high chance, especially with the passage of time (it can be 20-30 years), that they will eventually search a human partner. Aging scares them. In an excluzoo, this is much less present, as their brain works differently.
They are the ones who utter these sentences "down play it".

And there is the case between the two, which is usually referred to as "it's complicated". They don't want a classic human relationship, only one that is more than a friend, but less than a "we're together". Since this is usually not realized, they are still main zoo-exclusives.

As zoo exclusive myself (and NEVER been romantically interested in humans) I give you my support and tell you to not be bothered what others think.
Our lifestyle is really hard and not many can live it.
If you wanna talk feel free to drop message.
You are not alone - wish I knew that when I was younger.

Last edited:
Zoo exclusive means just that, don't let them manipulate you, force your hand or try change your mind. There's a reason some of us is zoo exclusive, for the obvious reasons why people underestimate us thinking we can be used to satisfy their needs. Don't stoop to their level. 👌

One of the best aspects of the human mind is also its greatest flaw- the desire to automatically assume other people are like ourselves. Projecting our mental image of ourselves onto other is how we make friends (or enemies if it doesn't match our impressions of the other person) and for most personality characteristics you just have to get into a ballpark.

Sexuality is not one of these characteristics, it seems. This more than most people really, really, want to find others (especially attractive and friendly people) to be the same as them. It's why many a man has been disappointed that the cool woman at the club is a lesbian. It's also why I suspect those of us who are zoo exclusive probably think that way more of the population enjoys a romantic relationship with their pets then they really do, despite have some numbers to work with.

Even if a person doesn't want to have sex with someone, people feel validated knowing that others feel the same way they do about whomever they are attracted to. It makes people feel less weird and more normal, so they'll insist that you are really just like them. A large part of this is driven by the human desire to build a community of like-minded people.

Now (and I'm going to make this assumption from your username here) women do have an extra layer that when some men get stuck in this mindset, their horniness makes them intolerable. I'm not going to even guess what that's like, but I guess it's much worse than the condescending acceptance I got from the one IRL woman I've every told about my orientation.

yeah, i guess i really just want to find friends who also wanna play and switch partners, but not play with eachother, and thats hard to find, like really hard
Feel free to message me. I might be able to put you in touch with one or two people.

just do what makes you happy! X

obviously people here
Well, you may think it’s obvious, but there have been people making out with their dogs in public, and fucking their dogs and posting on social media, so not everyone has basic preservation, apparently, and so we have to ask.

It’s because men are horny creatures who believe that they’re magical powers to woo women is unrivaled by any other creature. At least a good deal of men are, anyway. Straight men in particular seem to be the largest offenders here.

Reminds me of the dudes who approach lesbians and ask them to try their cock to change their mind to liking guys, just ignorant morons.

Just do you and be proud of you.

Back