why aren't there any zoo discord servers?

bitch queen

Tourist
sorry if there are and im just too dumb to find them but im surprised by how few there are, especially considering how big this website is. is there liek a main reason for it or is it just banned?

Discord is the worst pick for zoo stuff.

Zoo content is prohibited, as is the case with most websites.
You can chat on forums like ZV, or Telegram, Signal. Or Messenger in old-fashioned countries.

Art is generally fine, discord doesn't care about it in anyway (since most of Discord's staff are furries), but IRL is against TOS and can bring a server down if there's enough reports on it. Smaller servers are safer, but even still Discord is the opposite of private

I seriously fail to see why anyone would even want to be in some giant public chat room. Does following a clusterfuck of 200 unrelated conversations randomly intermixed between themselves actual appeal to you?

I seriously fail to see why anyone would even want to be in some giant public chat room. Does following a clusterfuck of 200 unrelated conversations randomly intermixed between themselves actual appeal to you?
Something nice about Discord is the ability to make different channels for different topics. When done well, it makes it a lot easier to follow than Telegram sometimes. The real downfall of Discord is the complete lack of privacy and the many security issues.

I use discord for gaming and talking with my friends, never thought about it for this type of stuff.
There's a lot of NSFW discord servers, but mostly for either art or e-girls. Anything more than that run the risk of either getting it (and most of the members) nuked by mods or raided by third parties

Oh wow. Didn’t even know there was NSFW servers there.
Yeah, most artist use it as a hub for other artists and their followers. There's also a few modding communities for games kicking around. Discord is fine with almost anything art related and vanilla RL. There are some exceptions highlighted in their TOS, but they don't go out of their way unless there's a mass volume of reports.

Discord is the worst pick for zoo stuff.
Messages on discord are not E2E encrypted either. If they want to see what the group is up to - they can pop in at any time no way of knowing. Telegram is the same way unless you turn on encryption. I wish Amazon had not nuked Wickr Me it was a far superior chat app for privacy. The tech industry has experience a down turn and companies are no longer working on "growth projects" all about the bottom line at the cost of users. It's a shame really. I think that's why I like third party sites and forums like ZooVille. I don't feel censored or that I am creating a file that is going to follow me the rest of my life - like Facebook and the like. It's a shame that there are not more federated chat applications. I know we have one but I think many more communities would benefit from that level of engagement IMO.

The words Amazon and privacy do not belong in the same sentence.
I’m not a fan of Amazon the company but AWS powers half of the internet and it’s pretty good infrastructure. Wickr me was developed outside of Amazon by a security researcher it was bought by Amazon because it had secured DOD/State department because of its encryption standard. The white paper was pretty good outlining their protocols and zero trust architecture. I can certainly not argue that Amazon does track a significant amount of their user activity. It is highly doubtful on a third party product they acquired and then shutdown within a year.

really weird there are no servers about highly illegal activity on discord. how could that possibly be?!

Back