Where to purchase a dog - UK

Kydiell

BANNED
Hi everyone!

I'm just looking for advice as to where it is best to purchase a dog in the UK?
Unfortunately a puppy is not an option due to our circumstances and so we must buy a dog that is intact and of age.
Any suggestions as to websites that advertise dogs for sale in the UK would be very much welcome :)

Obviously due to the current climate most websites wont be very active, but when this whole coronvirus thing blows over, I'd very much like to be ready to find our perfect boy for our relationship :)

Cheers!

Sometimes you can get lucky and find a unspayed/unneutered shelter dog.
You can also search for adult dogs in your neighborhood or in the internet.

If you want a particular breed, you can look up rescue sites for the specific breed, they often have intact dogs, plus you're doing something good for them.

Sometimes you can get lucky and find a unspayed/unneutered shelter dog.
You can also search for adult dogs in your neighborhood or in the internet.

If you want a particular breed, you can look up rescue sites for the specific breed, they often have intact dogs, plus you're doing something good for them.
I have thought about rescues, but my problem is that a lot of them don't state whether they're intact or not - and bringing that subject up would be difficult to say the least.
Most well known rescues in the UK (Dogs Trust/RSPCA) neuter all dogs before rehoming as well.

I have thought about rescues, but my problem is that a lot of them don't state whether they're intact or not - and bringing that subject up would be difficult to say the least.
Most well known rescues in the UK (Dogs Trust/RSPCA) neuter all dogs before rehoming as well.
Noo, I mean breed specific rescues.

Where about in the uk are you? I have bought from breeders, but also have a dog that I found on gumtree, his owners could no longer keep him

Is yellow paper still a thing over there

When I lived there 8 years ago there was a weekly yellow paper where you can place ads for things for sale

Is yellow paper still a thing over there

When I lived there 8 years ago there was a weekly yellow paper where you can place ads for things for sale
I personally haven't seen a one of those since I was kid! unfortunately haha thanks for the suggestion though!

Perfectly acceptable to ask if neutered or not. I mean you need to know to budget for it, right, or if he was to live with a bitch. Etc. Smaller independent rescues sometimes have intact dogs, people who foster dogs etc.

Back