What is Your Favorite Game's Genre

What is your favorite game's primary category?

• Total voters
This list is not exhaustive, unfortunately, and I know many games often tick multiple boxes of genres and sub-genres.
However, If you had to explain your favorite game's primary category to someone given this list what would it be?

Feel Free to explain your game in the thread. I'm super interested!

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. IMO one of the best games of all time. Batshit crazy story and incredible soundtrack

Always preferred JRPGs, especially one that I can just mindless grind in, love a good grind that I can just devote hours to while paying minimal attention.

I love shooters, especially ones you can play with friends like Left 4 Dead. I'm also a big horror fan playing games like resident evil, Dead Space and games that aren't horrifying but have a ominous feel like Bioshock.

Turn based strategy like civ or paradox strategy games like stellaris. I also really like terraria and stardew valley

Assassin's Creed, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Crysis, Dragon's Dogma, Far Cry, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell, GTA, Need for Speed, Red Dead Redemption, Metal Gear Solid, Dead Island

Survival games. The Forest was the game that got me into the genre. Now I play Stranded Deep, Grounded, Conan Exiles, Green Hell & Subnautica. Although, MOBA games are a close 2nd!

Back