What is the best age to train a puppy?

Day one.
Use positive reinforcement, there's nothing to be gained through punishment and it will only damage your relationship. The bond is everything for a zoo, do everything you can to make it strong and based on love and respect.

If you mean train *for sex*, you don't, not at any age. When they grow up, if you've taught them that you are kind and loving, they will usually come to you with their desires.

Obedience training and the run-up to "Good Doggie Citizen" should be started by ten weeks. Always be aware....Dogs are not all alike. When your pup is mature, he will either be interested or he will not. Most are, but there is no guarantee.
Teach him to become a good companion and that bond will last you and him his whole life....be his best friend and he will be yours. Any other expectation might be a budding disaster...for both of you.
Buena Fortuna

Day one.
Use positive reinforcement, there's nothing to be gained through punishment and it will only damage your relationship. The bond is everything for a zoo, do everything you can to make it strong and based on love and respect.

If you mean train *for sex*, you don't, not at any age. When they grow up, if you've taught them that you are kind and loving, they will usually come to you with their desires.
Thank you !!!

Since everyone else went ahead with postive answers before clarification, I'll just go ahead and post the rest of what I was going to say.

In my experience, you can start basic knowledge and commands very early. My oldest dog was around 8 weeks old when he came to me, and we started learning right away.

It did not take him very long even at that age to pick things up or tell me things either. Probably the most valuable thing to come of that learning was teaching him the term "show me". If he wants something, all I have to do is say show me, and he will. He will lead you to whatever he wants. Food, toys, or even tap the doorknobs with his nose if he wants in or out of somewhere. Teaching them basics and things like that is best started early.

If training for sex was the underlying question here, you don't do that. As others have said.

Sex is a natural instinct; they don't need to be trained to know how to do it cause they're born knowing how.
When he starts showing interest in sex, all you need to do is show him that you'd like it if he did it with you by using body language and touch. If he's interested, he'll have sex with you, if he isn't... you'll probably know right away. Like what egoldstein posted, just focus on being a good human and a good companion to him.
Very well explained (y)

Back