Welp, Guess I'm Back

Awkwardfox

Tourist
Hey there!
So I joined a while back and didn't do anything because I think I still held a lot of shame about my feelings and I wasn't ready to accept them in all honesty. Easy for me to say seeing as I'm not zoo-exclusive, so could feasibly hide it from the world (although, not from myself). But recently I was watching some youtube videos involving antis trying to like... out zoos on twitter and just spewing hatred at them. And as someone who has always felt a strong affinity for nonhumans, as well as someone who is queer and neurodivergent and as such faces societal persecution merely for the way my brain works... I always end up siding with the zoos over the antis. This time, it just got to me and I decided I wanted to get involved for more than just self exploration. I can't exactly claim to demonstrate any kind of solidarity with zoos if I'm hiding from my own attraction towards nonhumans, not getting involved with the wider community!
It's then that I found the Zooier than Thou podcast on youtube and hearing how down to earth the hosts are, how much they value nonhumans, and how strongly they stand in opposition of zoosadists really, really resonated with me.
The question of animal consent is still something that bothers me. It doesn't feel like it should be wrong for two consenting adults to enjoy each other's company on multiple fronts, irrespective of whether or not both parties are human. On the other hand, when I hear someone point out that a dog has a level of cognition similar to that of a two-year-old I am forced to question this.
Regardless, I want to see stigma around zoosexuality dissolve someday... Nobody should be persecuted for feelings outside of their control, and it's important that we have community so that nobody has to be alone in their feelings. I know just having a place to come and talk about things helps me out a great deal. And, furthermore, I've finally decided to accept that I am a zoophile, on some level. I have a beautiful feline friend at home, and whenever I come back from uni to visit during the holidays she can't stay away from me and my room. We've been close friends for years and honestly I think the connection we share does surpass friendship. It's so important for me to admit that to myself and to try to quell the shame that has governed my actions all this time.
So if you're feeling shame around all this, if you're hesitant and need to just... get your thoughts out of your head? Then I guess we're in the same boat and we're in the right place!
Feel free to let me know your thoughts, or just say hi, or whatever. And if you bothered to read all that rambling, thank you <3

Hey there Awkwardfox, and welcome! So glad you’ve found your way to this great little community. This is a great, welcoming, and accepting group of people from my limited experience so far, and I hope you find some comfort in knowing that you are not alone, and that the people who share your feelings are not bad people. Enjoy your stay 🙂

Hey there Awkwardfox, and welcome! So glad you’ve found your way to this great little community. This is a great, welcoming, and accepting group of people from my limited experience so far, and I hope you find some comfort in knowing that you are not alone, and that the people who share your feelings are not bad people. Enjoy your stay 🙂
Thanks for the warm welcome! You seem to be quite active here, but I can tell you that I see how much this community cares about the nonhumans with whom we share the earth despite my lack of engagement, as well as the other humans who are in the same position. And yeah, there's a lot of comfort in knowing that and finding you all here :3

Hi and welcome. Nice intro!
Thank you so much! I'm happy to be here, and as I get further through the podcast I'm getting more comfortable and confident in my identity as a zoo - I've even come out to a couple of my closest furry friends on discord (only the most trusted ones though, who I know will love me just the same)

Back