We are now ready for a new dog

K9VikingCpl

Tourist
we are a couple who have been in the lifestyle for a long time but have not had our own dog for a long time, we have similar criteria for choosing a dog but it must be big and kind, easy to train. Do you have any suggestions for breed?

better ask urself how much time u can invest in a dog - a gsd or husky will need more time and workout as other dogs like golden or labrador (can be other way around sometimes its up to the dogs personality)
best would be if u inform urself what u can give to a dog and then choose a breed fitting to the possibility of urself

in general for beginner golden retriever or labrador are nice

better ask urself how much time u can invest in a dog - a gsd or husky will need more time and workout as other dogs like golden or labrador (can be other way around sometimes its up to the dogs personality)
best would be if u inform urself what u can give to a dog and then choose a breed fitting to the possibility of urself

in general for beginner golden retriever or labrador are nice
well, we have time but we do not want a hunting dog or a dog who need to run every day. We wat a dog who are calm and are just happy if he with us, inside or outside. I think about a labrador but my gf talking about a Rottweiler but I am not sure about that

took ur time to get the informations - choose a quality breeder or give a dog who searches a new home a good spot (mostly need more training)

best would be to get a good dog school to learn the basics and maybe take some extra trainings after the basics are done

u will have a nice time and much fun and a loving family member

thank you for helping us, we are new to this forum but not to this lifestyle, I see the admistrater delte some of our messages, I have to read the rules more I belive, tnx

Choosing a dog is something to invest some time evaluating. I tend to recommend getting familiar with the breeds and their tendencies; you want a breed that matches your lifestyle, energy level, trainability, tolerance to your weather/temperatures, shedding, friendliness to strangers and/or other dogs, etc.
I'd suggest picking based on sexual compatibility last since it's never a guarantee they will be interested; that way if they aren't, you've still got everything you wanted in a dog except one thing.

Choosing a dog is something to invest some time evaluating. I tend to recommend getting familiar with the breeds and their tendencies; you want a breed that matches your lifestyle, energy level, trainability, tolerance to your weather/temperatures, shedding, friendliness to strangers and/or other dogs, etc.
I'd suggest picking based on sexual compatibility last since it's never a guarantee they will be interested; that way if they aren't, you've still got everything you wanted in a dog except one thing.
Indeed! We've both owned different breeds and are very familiar with all that is needed to raise them. We're just getting a feel for temperaments.

Yes we know that , we want the full package. Therefore we ask and also want to meet different dogs

Back