Wanderlust

Bodhilover32

Tourist
I am a wanderlusted individual. In 2020 Covid hit as you all know. Life for most slowed down. Many made the decision to get out into nature. I've always been interested in nature and the great outdoors but this desire really took off the middle of that year 2020. Slowly but surely I've been making my way out into the world. Expanding my horizons. I thought about becoming a digital nomad but the idea of working on a computer just bores the hell out of me. I love taking my German Shepherd mate on adventures. I've been looking more and more into the van life. Mountains are gorgeous and I cant get enough lol
Does anyone else have these desires for adventure and live this life I crave for? The Nomad life?

I have been enthralled by the idea of vagabonding for the longest time, it's such a romantic idea, the wanderer above the sea of fog:gsd_love:. I just don't have the balls for it lmao or at least not yet, the thought of not having stable life is as exciting as it is scary especially while taking care of my partner too. Besides that it most often seems that the way to thrive on such a journey would be to often rely on strangers and their kindness, which is one thing I'm not too thrilled about but i guess in another perspective that's one of the appeals of it.
So lately I'm more tending towards disappearing into some woods and live in a house in them but the wanderlust is always there :husky_happysmile:
My cousin and his wife were leading this kind of life for a good while, performing on the streets and sleeping in the car with their two rottweilers or occasionally squatting somewhere, absolutely lovely stories for the most part. Like a group in northern italy called the Elves, they are small communities living in villages without electricity, sharing everything and living in nature,
for a moment it sounded like something out of the lord of the rings If you wanna read up about them just search "Elves of Pistoia".
Sooner or later I'll have to "vagabond" my ass all the way up there, seems like the perfect solution lmao

When I was younger, my parents took our family traveling. As I got older, I started riding motorcycles with them and touring long distances. I picked up the travel bug and have been on the move ever since. I am almost 40 and so far have lived in five different countries and 8 of the 50 states in the US.

I love getting out and seeing the world. The van life sounds pretty fun but would have been much more appropriate for me two decades ago. At this point, I'm happy to find some stability and a nice garden to grow with my three dogs and lovely wife.

I have been enthralled by the idea of vagabonding for the longest time, it's such a romantic idea, the wanderer above the sea of fog:gsd_love:. I just don't have the balls for it lmao or at least not yet, the thought of not having stable life is as exciting as it is scary especially while taking care of my partner too. Besides that it most often seems that the way to thrive on such a journey would be to often rely on strangers and their kindness, which is one thing I'm not too thrilled about but i guess in another perspective that's one of the appeals of it.
So lately I'm more tending towards disappearing into some woods and live in a house in them but the wanderlust is always there :husky_happysmile:
My cousin and his wife were leading this kind of life for a good while, performing on the streets and sleeping in the car with their two rottweilers or occasionally squatting somewhere, absolutely lovely stories for the most part. Like a group in northern italy called the Elves, they are small communities living in villages without electricity, sharing everything and living in nature,
for a moment it sounded like something out of the lord of the rings If you wanna read up about them just search "Elves of Pistoia".
Sooner or later I'll have to "vagabond" my ass all the way up there, seems like the perfect solution lmao
Interesting. Yep you do have to rely on the kindness of others. Which I would try. But I'd certainly be the type to work here and there. For food and shelter ya know. I dont think I'd go full vagabond tho. Atleast travel around the US for a a few months. Just to kinda get it out of my system. If that's even possible lol. I cant shake it thats for sure. I travel as much as possible. From small outings to crossing multiple states. Mainly to visit other Zoos. I love the community. Especially when I find Real honest to god zoos I click with that arent just fetishists and creeps

When I was younger, my parents took our family traveling. As I got older, I started riding motorcycles with them and touring long distances. I picked up the travel bug and have been on the move ever since. I am almost 40 and so far have lived in five different countries and 8 of the 50 states in the US.

I love getting out and seeing the world. The van life sounds pretty fun but would have been much more appropriate for me two decades ago. At this point, I'm happy to find some stability and a nice garden to grow with my three dogs and lovely wife.
Nice. That's incredible. Eventually yes I do want that stability but right now I'm just not in the mood to settle.

I would love to do this and ironically I have the income for it, but I'd have to do it with a human partner/friend because of eyesight issues that prevent me from driving. Anyone interested? lol

I've thought about packing all my essentials into my car and just going picking up odd and end jobs to scrape by. But I'm committed to where I'm at now so that's gone out the window.

I've thought about packing all my essentials into my car and just going picking up odd and end jobs to scrape by. But I'm committed to where I'm at now so that's gone out the window.
I haven't found a place or job to commit to yet. Someday I will but I think I'll keep up my search and enjoy the journey.

There are so many travel vlogs on YouTube that make me wanna do exactly what you're talking about. Unfortunately living that lifestyle means either putting off a career, or turning your wanderlust into a career. Working on a computer all day does suck, but the grass always looks greener on the other side. The nomad lifestyle probably has a lot of financial issues you don't see through someone else's instagram feed... and I hate the feeling of being broke.
Financially speaking there are many ways to improvise and budget travel. Also depends on how you want to live. I'm not a fancy person. I could live simply enough. My only expensive hobby is travel itself lol.

Back