Tributes to Z'Ville zoos

B

BlueBeard

Who's your Zooville inspiration, and why?

Who lights you up, when you come in here and notice they have responded or posted something new? You might not read them first, but you make a note to yourself, "Oh, I must make sure to read so-and-so's new post."

And you think to yourself, if the outside world had to encounter just *one* zoo ever, I hope it would be *that* zoo.

Personal inspiration, good Zooville citizen, or just a person you're proud to know is zoo, too -- who is it and why?

Feel free to post more than one name. Heck, if you like, post a list. And return to post more whenever you like as they occur to you.

(Please respect the nominations. I am hoping this is a tribute wall. Sort of a step up, but in line with, the smilies a person's post accumulates.)

Last edited by a moderator:
My first nomination is Bigpaws_Bear -- Because he gets so much said in so few words. Good gawd, those terse comments slay me! Some of his posts, coffee shoots out my nose. Ouch! Others I just smile and clap, they're so good. I just wish there was a way we could sit down a table in a pub together for an evening. Don't know if he imbibes, but I'd buy the first round, adult beverage, carbonated beverage or sweet tea... whatever. For the chance to shoot the shit with him, I'd buy *every* round. Slays me!

Second up, I'm edified by each and every Tailo response -- whether to me or anybody else. This gent's calm, respectful responses are intelligently challenging but never offensive. I NEED TO LEARN THIS TRICK! So, I look for him and sit mesmerized by how he pulls that off.

And of course, TogglesHappyZoo. I'd already been a fan of ZooTT podcasts. I appreciate the work it takes for the dedicated team to put that together, and the fact they're continuing on in spite of a huge loss in January. I couldn't help my nose was running a bit in that last one, right along with them, feeling their loss with them, and thinking how amazing the man must have been, to have friends like TogglesHappyZoo. I did not know Fausty at all myself. It was *because of TogglesHappyZoo* and ZeMen that I spent an entire evening learning everything I could about that man -- the best tribute to him? It was the tribute TogglesHappyZoo and ZeMen's love for him (ZeMen was his husband?). That immediately, in my mind, was an indication of just how special this man was, to have these two as kindred friends. If *I* had friends like that? ... No words.

And then... TogglesHappyZoo responded to one of the posts *I* put up. Said something like, "This is what I like to hear." I never fell over. I felt coronated. A "Zoo celebrity" came down from the Cybersphere and blessed something *I'd* posted. Unreal! I want to fistpump when I see the member name -- but then remember that I'm white. :)

I dont have any favs at this point. I’m still fairly new and enjoying most everyone’s posts
Great place, ain't it? -- I'm actually hearing Toby Keith right now, words slightly altered: "I love this room. My kinda place..."

Welcome aboard! This is such a nice community. I LOVE that it's not just "fluff." Not just warm fuzzies. People get into it here, and then... beers all around. It's real here. Street brawls and bystanders rolling eyes, "Please, boys. Stop it." Self-policing, no cops need be called. Or, if cops do come, toss off their badge and weapons belt, join in -- either to hit the keg or jump in the ring, go a few rounds themselves.

To me? It's a real community. Not a fictional "Facebook." It's all here. You looking for the donkey show? Shh. Over there, take a left, around the corner in the alley. Looking to hook up? Well, go to the bulletin board inside that door over there, post what you're looking for or answer any personal ad as you see fit. Then come back, get yourself a red solo cup, I'll fill it. Want an education? Right there behind you, see that little library there? They keep that updated. Go take a peek, you can keep whatever resources that interest you, take them with you.

This Zoo neighborhood gots everything yaz needs! I'm jazzed by how this place is done. Kudos Zooville staff!

Which, might as well nominate them in this same response:

@ZTHorse and team behind the curtains, great job!

Back