Torn about the concept of "sharing your animals"

Assuming I had animals to share (I may or may not currently, who knows ;)) I'd love the concept of sharing with a trusted partner, either casually, or more as a romantic partner. However, one reason to not share has come to my attention, and I don't hear about it a lot (everyone seems to cite security, and fair enough: Once a person has been to your house, they know too much, hehe.)

The thing I'd think is a concern is how random people interacting with my animals might stress my (hypothetical) animals. Years ago I invited someone over to meet my dog, and while I was out doing quick errands they had cornered my dog in an upstairs closet and were attempting to "make friends" but that was obviously not going great because ... they were hiding in an upstairs closet, lol. Dog didn't like the "I'm coming for you!" energy and decided to gtfo, and dude didn't get the hint. Just that sort of, "the dog is telling you they are not into you" is something that I'm sure people will say is obvious, but the subtle versions of the same thing are what I'm talking about. The cow who is moooving away from you because frankly she's tired of your prodding, or whatever.

In the above example, she was totally fine after given space. I know of another incident where someone had folks over to visit his horse, and they were warned that the horse was very sensitive and everything, and they somehow pushed them too far and it took like six months for him to get his physical relationship back with his partner.

All that aside, damn, sharing animals with trusted people is ... just nice. It's sexy, it helps to validate self esteem to have other people around who view a relationship across species bounds as sane, and it's just damn nice to not have to filter out conversation. Or to eat cum out of someone, hehe.

I have seen it more with horses than dogs, I have to say - dogs seem to be somewhat more resilient to people scaring or miscommunicating with them, which is probably the fact that they are predators and thus less prone to "worry" but I've still seen it with them.

Anyone else run into this, or is this just me?

That’s pretty much the main reason I don’t share my mare. If I had extra mares that are just causal lovers I’d share them but only to people that either know how to be with a mare or who are willing to be taught how to be with a mare.

I dont think i would have liked it, i felt rather possesive of my now gone mate, the thought of another man or dog giving it to her didn't sit well with me. That cookie was only mine, and i think she knew it, she didn't quite like other people either.

Besides security wise, i wouldn't have trusted anyone.

The reality in being one to share animal lovers is heavily based on how well I trust someone in all aspects. If your not willing to hike that hill you mind as well roll down it.

Relationships are relationships, two or four legs. So ask yourself if you are polyamorous? There are many types of "sharing" from closed thruples or quads to utter relationship anarchy.
As a member of a polycule, would I share? Well, it's up to them. Each partner with us is free to love whomever and so has been our furred partners in the past.
(it is our experience that the four leggeds are more monogamous than the humans)

"sharing" smells a lot like "i'm passing my sex toy around" to me.. not that i'm claiming it is like that for everyone. the whole concept of inviting someone over to have a go with my dogs is just very distasteful and a wrong thing to do to my partners to me... then again i probably wouldn't mind letting it happen if let's say i knew someone well and one of my partners showed interest in them on their own. then again again, i'm not really sure if i'm the jealous type or not :)

I don’t currently have an animal, so maybe I am not qualified to say this, however:
I think its down to the individual animal and the kind of person you are getting involved in. Putting aside the whole ‘exposing yourself as zoo/risking animals’ part, and assuming that you feel this aspect to be ‘safe’ the next part boils down to the manners of the human and how the animal feels.
If the person is willing to treat the animal with respect and build a bond, if they only do something when the animal is comfortable and showing signs of being happy to participate, thats fine.
If like in your example, they are chasing the animal around and backing them into a corner, essentially just treating the animal like a living sex toy, that is absolutely wrong! Its basically rape.
Animals have feelings and emotions, if people are going to treat them as a partner sexually, then they should treat them with the same respect that they would do a human sexual partner.
Some humans are happy to have sex with multiple people, some are monogamous. They have the right to choose, and they have the right to say no. That respect should be exactly the same with an animal, they have the right to participate, but they also have the right to decline sexual offers and in that case, it should be respected.
Theres nothing hotter than the thought of leading a big alpha dog in to get his wicked way with some hottie on all 4’s but that dog has to be in the right place mentally and I imagine most doggos would like to build a bond first.
In summary, all animals, like humans, have emotions. Emotions are complex and should be treated with respect. If they show signs of wanting to proceed, I see no problem, but if they don’t, then its their choice and it should be respected.
Thats my view and I hope that makes sense.

My stance on this is perhaps backwards from other peoples... in my mind my dog is the dom in the relationship, so as the sub i have zero right to try to control his sexuality. If he wanted to mount another dog or woman... that'd be his choice, but I'm certainly not going to try to facilitate it.
Also... i'm so paranoid about being arrested for this as other women have been in my state... there's no way in hell I'm meeting anyone in real life about this lifestyle.

Well, I've had all of my experiences with the animals of other zoos - but it was always like "if sex happens, sex happens", if the animal isn't in the mood that's also ok. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not, I can only say that many dogs are perfectly fine with "being shared" - or rather having the opportunity to have some fun with someone else :) Many will even prefer some variety. Just try not so see it as something you do to the animal or make the animal do - that's important. It's something that happens if the animal gets horny and the human is willing.

Well, I've had all of my experiences with the animals of other zoos - but it was always like "if sex happens, sex happens", if the animal isn't in the mood that's also ok. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not, I can only say that many dogs are perfectly fine with "being shared" - or rather having the opportunity to have some fun with someone else :) Many will even prefer some variety. Just try not so see it as something you do to the animal or make the animal do - that's important. It's something that happens if the animal gets horny and the human is willing.
"if sex happens, it happens" is a pretty fine way to go about it. just leaving it up to the animal if they feel like doing anything. on their own accord... pretending they're totally fine with it or even want "some variety" is just unnecessary (and likely false since we don't see inside their heads) fluff tho

Well, it's just an interpretation of events like a dog getting horny and trying to hump the guest even if their owner is naked :p But view that as you wish.

My stance on this is perhaps backwards from other peoples... in my mind my dog is the dom in the relationship, so as the sub i have zero right to try to control his sexuality. If he wanted to mount another dog or woman... that'd be his choice, but I'm certainly not going to try to facilitate it.
Also... i'm so paranoid about being arrested for this as other women have been in my state... there's no way in hell I'm meeting anyone in real life about this lifestyle.
Golden rule *1 tell nobody
golden rule*2 see *1

I’ve only shared if he shows an interest in someone and can’t keep his nose out of her business. She has to be a willing participant as well of course.

Me and my human partners fuck others, don't see how it would be different for animal partners if I had them. That said I'd not simply volunteer a dog like a fucking object, but I'd be more than willing to have them engage if they so choose... But I need a dog first.

Um.. Well, again, the OP was about "sharing with a trusted person" nothing to do with strangers. And again, even trusted people can be problematic, as not everyone knows how to talk to your particular partner as well as you can (hopefully.) Some are easier than others (many male labs or GSDs are wonderfully effective communicators, for example) while say a fear-aggressive female pitbull might not be as easy to discuss things with for someone who doesn't know her.

People with enough empathy will naturally just be very slow and careful, but I guess not everyone knows how to speak to your animals as well as you do (hopefully) so probably only you can correctly interpret where they are mentally.

Honestly, I was just working thru the "do I really want a human in my world?" stuff lately, and the answer I guess is a VERY qualified "yes" but I also doubt I'll find someone with enough of the weird checkboxes I need checked. It mostly comes down to "don't be a dick" which is a test failed by most of us, including me on occasions, lol.

I recommend being very selective if you consider sharing, the welfare and enjoyment of the animal is the utmost importance. Anyone that just wants to get their rocks off is a big no no, and can make it even more difficult for you to have a normal relationship. The first time I shared we were both in the room.

I love the idea of all beings being able to freely enjoy sex and will always be turned on by situations where females in particular are with multiple males. I'd love to one day see my bitch getting enjoyment from others and them from her. Thats the crux of it for me though. She'd need to enjoy it to such an extent that I think she'd want it from others. I can recall one of the bitches I was active with when younger. She came to enjoy the attention I was giving her so much that she'd start presenting herself to anyone and everyone hoping for more. In that situation I'd have no issues with others taking her up on the proposal.

Back