The house is empty, it feels wrong.

Smee

Tourist
She had a operation a month ago, her mammary lumps got removed. the x-ray was clean and today she puked in the car, swayed her back end as if she was drunk, coughed and the scar tissue did not heal. we took her to the vet, both vets on duty told me the news that the cancer was back and aggressively spread through her body. She got the sugary bad treats, all the cookies and my wife signed the forms. i was on the floor with her, crying my eyes out and she died in my arms. She was my partner in crime, my rock when i had ptsd nightmares at night... the house is empty, this feels wrong. 8 years and 11 months, still not bad for a Dane, but i wish i had her for another 25 years.

I'm going through a pretty bad devorce right now.....it's left me without a place to stay.....I've had to leave my dog with friends for multiple days just to make sure my dog was taken care of.....every second I spend away from them I feel like a part of me is dying.....

I've been told by so many people to just give him up.....it's not that easy....we are bonded....I can't give up on him....I can't be a failure to him....I cant lose him..for my own sanity.....I think about his whines when I handed him off and had to walk away...I close my eyes and it's like a nightmare thinking that he may be thinking he is getting abandoned.......

It may not be the same as your story...but that empty feeling you feel when your dog isn't there.....I understand......I just hope both of us find a point where we can no longer worry.... whether its me being able to keep him and find a place to better my situation....or you finding another dog that touches your heart as your previous one has....I hope it comes to us. Nothing deserves the pain of not having a love by their side....a dog that just....means everything and then some...

I'm here if you wanna talk...sometimes it helps just talking about it....helps...to just get it off your chest

She had a operation a month ago, her mammary lumps got removed. the x-ray was clean and today she puked in the car, swayed her back end as if she was drunk, coughed and the scar tissue did not heal. we took her to the vet, both vets on duty told me the news that the cancer was back and aggressively spread through her body. She got the sugary bad treats, all the cookies and my wife signed the forms. i was on the floor with her, crying my eyes out and she died in my arms. She was my partner in crime, my rock when i had ptsd nightmares at night... the house is empty, this feels wrong. 8 years and 11 months, still not bad for a Dane, but i wish i had her for another 25 years.
I wish cancer wasnt a thing. 😞 even though it has no alignment/morality its a very unfairly painful process how kills a being.

Back