The healthy zoos you'll probably never meet

B

BlueBeard

There are so MANY zoos around you -- that you'll probably never meet. Not in real life. Not even in a secure online community like this.

Boggles the mind when I think about it. I'm only here, now and then, by chance. Otherwise I count myself among them, as does my wife.

Think about it. Some of the most vocal zoos in this community and outside of it are hurtin' units, as my friend from college used to say. I feel so bad for them. But I also feel bad that this gives society at large an "excuse" for zoophilia.

Not ALL of them, but no way around that. It's what it is. Happy, stable, "normal" zoophiles like my wife just have no need for community support. They aren't represented here. Or are "under-represented" here. Think about that. Who among us here needs this group for "support," for "camaraderie," for "validation," for kinship and acceptance? -- Just about everybody, right? So... what about those who *don't*?

So what can you judge from those who are here? That alone skews the university scholars' research, those who try to study us for their own notoreity. Topic-based, subcultural communities like "Zooville" attract a disproportionate number of hurtin' units.

But, GOOD! That's what they're for!!! What they're looking for is here. Just keep that in mind about overall numbers and their inability to confidently represent the world at large.

I'm not a hurtin' unit myself. I'm just a noisy guy. I think my life's experiences are something so cool others should hear about them. That's *why* I'm here. I want to represent the people who are just cheerful sons-a-bitches looking to give a handshake and a hug and raise a glass together.

My dogs do not "replace" human relationships. They are simply dogs. Meaning, I don't impose human roles on them. I don't use them to plug emotional/psychological/psychosexual voids. I don't have a "dog-wife" to replace a woman who ripped my heart out and carried off my life's worth of possessions.

But you know... not all "zoo marriages" are about using animals as surrogate human beings. There are a few... a tiny little faction... for whom the relationship *is* a healthy, fulfilling relationship for them. They weren't "hurt" or "disappointed" first. The idea of marrying a human being just... it just wasn't an ambition for them. Not really of any interest. They aren't "mad" at human beings. Just... not really interested in marrying one.

Just as there are people, like my son for instance, who just simply have no interest in marrying at all. He has two companion dogs. And he's happy as can be. Tall, handsome, physically ripped weightlifter, former military PT and self-defense instructor, he just never had a need to "pair up." He's an urban professional today. He loves living as a bachelor -- which is what society sees. A happy, healthy bachelor. What he is to his dogs? They just see a guy who has well behaved, well-disciplined dogs. The relationship he has with them is his own business.

He doesn't need this group, either. He's not looking for acceptance, validation, zoo camaraderie, or support.

Can you guess how many like my wife and like him there are in society? Untold numbers. Unfathomable numbers.

Don't judge too much by what you find in an online group -- and really, you can't judge much about the group. The squeaky wheels get all the attention, as they say. And my wheels don't squeak.

A vast greater proportion, if they even have the opportunity, try animal sex for something different. Very few actual zoo people are born that way. To convet is like asking a straight person to do a homosexual act. A very small proportion.

i'm having troubles seeing the point (i'm assuming there is supposed to be any)... all i'm getting is "i'm cool and my son is also cool. healthy and cool" and whatever "hurting unit" means...
kinda sad you seem to think most zoos have animals as "surrogates"

i see nothing wrong with joining this site for support or "camaraderie". i joined because this was literally the only place with ppl capable of understanding how i felt when my love died... i don't see how is that "unhealthy" or whatever you're on about.

Back