So... How does this work?

BigPotato

Tourist
As you might imagine, I am a total newbie, actually this is my first post in this site, the thing is:
1. Where can I get a female dog? This might seem like a stupid question, I live in Venezuela, nothing is really easy here
2. Which race would work?
3. At what age can she take me? (If she wants to, obviusly)
4. How do I know if she is too small without hurting her?

Note: Sorry if something isn't well written, my english is not the best

If you're in Venezuela, the first question you should be asking yourself is if you can take care of yourself and your loved ones. I know that things are very hard in Venezuela right now.

Secondly, if you have that covered, you should be asking yourself if you can take care of her. Do you want a dog that's high maintenance or low maintenance? Do you have privacy? Are you willing to give her the time, love and care she will need? And don't get a dog just for sex - she may not ever want to have sex with a human, or with other dogs either - get her as a companion first and a lover second. Her well being should be ahead of sex.

A
If you're in Venezuela, the first question you should be asking yourself is if you can take care of yourself and your loved ones. I know that things are very hard in Venezuela right now.

Secondly, if you have that covered, you should be asking yourself if you can take care of her. Do you want a dog that's high maintenance or low maintenance? Do you have privacy? Are you willing to give her the time, love and care she will need? And don't get a dog just for sex - she may not ever want to have sex with a human, or with other dogs either - get her as a companion first and a lover second. Her well being should be ahead of sex.

Aaand that's the reason I made the comment in the third question, I am not willing to hurt her (If I ever get her), if she doesn't want me that way... Well, it's not the end of the world, i will still have a friend, i hope.

Everything else about your comment is bringing me a huge deja vú, but yes, I think I can take care of a dog, I have some money I can use for food, vaccines and others, and I have a lot of free time, so giving her attention will not be a problem.

Well, although you didn't answer any of my questions, thanks for giving my post some attention! I thought it was gonna die empty.

Hi there! Welcome to the forum!
A good friend of mine is originally from Venezuela and still has family living there.
I certainly have sympathy for your situation. (and your English is better than mine;))
I can't help with your first question unfortunately.

For 2. you probably want to focus on larger breed like labs, golden retrievers, shepherds or sheepdogs. I'm sure the common breeds are different in South America but plan on something no smaller than 30kg or so. (frame is more important than weight, but it's something to go by I guess)

For 3. I would not try anything sexual with a dog until she's at least 2 years old. It's different by breed but it's a good rule of thumb. Dogs don't stop maturing until around then. Also, you'll want to make sure she's gone through a couple of heats (estrus) too. Just be careful she isn't around any male dogs at that time and keep her safe. Male dogs can smell a female in heat for many kilometres.

For 4. If she's large enough, it shouldn't be a problem. And certainly do not push the issue if she isn't interested. The second dog I got (12kg) is definitely too small. I was looking for a companion I could have sexual experiences with. However, she just pulled the right heart strings and I adopted her understanding we'll not be able to don anything sexually. And I'm perfectly fine with that. A dog should always be a companion first, sexual partner later.

Hi there! Welcome to the forum!
A good friend of mine is originally from Venezuela and still has family living there.
I certainly have sympathy for your situation. (and your English is better than mine;))
I can't help with your first question unfortunately.

For 2. you probably want to focus on larger breed like labs, golden retrievers, shepherds or sheepdogs. I'm sure the common breeds are different in South America but plan on something no smaller than 30kg or so. (frame is more important than weight, but it's something to go by I guess)

For 3. I would not try anything sexual with a dog until she's at least 2 years old. It's different by breed but it's a good rule of thumb. Dogs don't stop maturing until around then. Also, you'll want to make sure she's gone through a couple of heats (estrus) too. Just be careful she isn't around any male dogs at that time and keep her safe. Male dogs can smell a female in heat for many kilometres.

For 4. If she's large enough, it shouldn't be a problem. And certainly do not push the issue if she isn't interested. The second dog I got (12kg) is definitely too small. I was looking for a companion I could have sexual experiences with. However, she just pulled the right heart strings and I adopted her understanding we'll not be able to don anything sexually. And I'm perfectly fine with that. A dog should always be a companion first, sexual partner later.

Well, that was informative, thank you very much!

Back