Rescue Animals

hot_knot

Tourist
Hi all.
Having recently lost my little buddy, the inevitable decision will come as to how l replace him. This simple answer for me is l can't as he was like most, special.

However whilst still raw from his loss, l miss the companionship badly. My reason to get up and about and motivate.

Both my last two dogs were rescue and whilst both had their issues, l managed them really well and gave them wonderful lives. The pleasure they gave me was immeasurable and we were seldom apart.
So l just wondered what members thoughts are on rescue versus pup?

I'm not sure l could do puppy now as it's many years since l did and l have a hectic schedule. I could however at some point offer a rescue a lovely home if the right doggie came along.

Your thoughts please 🤔

I really like rescues, or even a local rehome. It helps tamp down irresponsible breeding. It's also easier if they are already living in a house :D

Depending on where you live.
In Germany we have this horrible trend of having all our shelters packed with dogs from other countries. It produces a market over in Romania and co to produce more dogs....
I would always buy a dog from a reputable breeder.
Maybe you could check if any reputable breeder has a sub adult/adult dog to give a home to. Some breeders want stud dogs to be placed with people close to their home.

Depending on where you live.
In Germany we have this horrible trend of having all our shelters packed with dogs from other countries. It produces a market over in Romania and co to produce more dogs....
I would always buy a dog from a reputable breeder.
Maybe you could check if any reputable breeder has a sub adult/adult dog to give a home to. Some breeders want stud dogs to be placed with people close to their home.
If you have the funds.
You can't expect everyone to earn enough to afford a dog from a reputable breeder.
My dad bought my dog for 2300 Euro's when he was a puppy.
In the shelter, you can get one for less than 500.

One of my boys was a rescue and although it took a few years to get him back from the trauma he endured he was very affectionate and loving

Back