Regarding profile spamming

pes

Staff member
Recently we have had several reports of people "spamming profiles with comments".
Often what this is, is someone commenting various short sentences on dozens of (women) profiles.
It usually is a different line on each one of them. And couple of them a day.

I would like to have a discussion about this and get some opinions and explanations and give some hints.

So if those who reported could drop in their point, that would be nice.

1. How do you define spam? At which point does it become spam for you?
Profile posts are a fairly regular occurrence here, they are allowed and expected to happen.
Every user has the ability to set whether others can comments on their profile in the Privacy settings of their profile.
Every user can also at their discretion delete any profile posts they have on their profile.

2. The reports are usually made by someone else than the owner of the profile.
How do you know that the people who own the profiles are not ok with the messages?
Especially since they have the ability to prevent it or delete them.

I would define spam and the same message posted in very quick succession on a lot of profiles. That is often not what is reported.

I would define spam and the same message posted in very quick succession on a lot of profiles.
That happens.

I have many such idiots on my ignore list so I don't have to wade through their page and a half of shit looking for other profile posts to report.

Back